PDA

View Full Version : Beta v.10 update! Feedback Bug Reports

Kimiko
04-11-2014, 08:31 AM
Beta v.10 is now released! Since this is the last patch before the Steam Early Access release, we want to make sure we get all the issues taken care of before then. Please post any bugs, issues, feedback, and suggestions here!

Features:
5 more RPG Figurines have been added Ogre, Chimera, Dragonide, Ghoul, Lizard Warrior
Dungeon tileset has been added, you can now build your ultimate RPG dungeon for your campaign
Dungeon tileset uses a grid system for placement to make it easy for you to create your dungeon, then you can lock it in place
Grid system has been added for Chess, Checkers, Reversi, and GO
Kimi Kat figurine has been been added
Server Browser now shows the current game mode and name of the player hosting, you can also block this player and they won't show up
You can now deal and reset each deck individually
People played with on steam show up under the recently played section within the steam overlay
Wood, Felt, and Glass surfaces now have different physics properties
There is now a private notepad if you need to keep track of something personal

Host options have been added:

Host can disable table flipping
Add or remove a password while the server is running
Gravity Slider has been moved into the host options menu

ALT has been redesigned as a modifier on an existing action:

Alt + RMB drops everything except the first object you picked (great for capturing a piece)
Alt + Q/E or Alt + Mouse Wheel rotates the object in the other axis (creating toppling dominoes or card towers)
Alt + Flip does an alternative axis flip
Alt + WASD Pans the camera instead of rotating it
Alt is no longer raises a piece that is now bound to 'R' - Raise object
Help menu has been update to reflect these changes

Bugs & Fixes:

Fixed colors getting stuck and not letting you choose it even though the slot was open
The table is now saved when saving and loading
UI Sounds are no longer 3D sounds
Chat message sound has been removed, connect and disconnect still has the sound
GUI window position should no longer get offset if you start a different resolution then fullscreen
Blocking/Banning a player stops them from being able to join your game and from showing up on the server browser
Spawn Menu back button takes you back one place instead going all the way back
Color Round Dice have been added to the spawn menu
Fixed Custom Board size
RPG figurine hit reactions are working again
Rat is now spawning correctly from menu

Kimiko
04-11-2014, 09:23 AM
It's open now. Post away!

Amantis
04-11-2014, 09:41 AM
So hype

Nintyuk
04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
So much Quality of life stuff. Yay!

NightCrest
04-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Love the additions on this update.

A couple of bugs I've noticed so far:
- Flipping the table with the tileset frozen doesn't unfreeze the tiles and they end up floating there.
- Undoing/redoing anything unfreezes the tiles.
- There's a minor typo in the failed to flip table message. It should be "too weak" instead of "to weak"

A couple of suggestions:
- Being able to lock/unlock specific tiles.
- Both the lizard warrior and mummy have virtually no difference in their active vs passive stances.
- I'd like the ability to be able to toggle on/off the tile grid locking.
- Possibly the ability to resize objects?
- Still hoping for that unlisted server option.

FlukiestEmperor
04-11-2014, 10:48 AM
In my opinion ALT + W or S should move along the plane of the board (EX: like age of empires, banished, civilization, minecraft). Basically, left and right are perfectly fine, but it would be nice if ALT + W or S didn't move the camera up or down, but instead moved the game board back and fourth.

Other than that, like the added server options and grid system http://www.berserk-games.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Nintyuk
04-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Big Picture (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595907951902786886/EC5ADB82F378C423169F2048EDD65D84F058F3F4/)
This is a fun bug, It could be a feature.

Freeze Tile Set
Flip table
Fun

But the floating dungeon is kinda cool.

Nintyuk
04-11-2014, 10:53 AM
NightCrest said

Love the additions on this update.

A couple of bugs I've noticed so far:
- Flipping the table with the tileset frozen doesn't unfreeze the tiles and they end up floating there.
- Undoing/redoing anything unfreezes the tiles.
- There's a minor typo in the failed to flip table message. It should be "too weak" instead of "to weak"

A couple of suggestions:
- Being able to lock/unlock specific tiles.
- Both the lizard warrior and mummy have virtually no difference in their active vs passive stances.
- I'd like the ability to be able to toggle on/off the tile grid locking.
- Possibly the ability to resize objects?
- Still hoping for that unlisted server option.

The tiles could use the number key system to toggle their states.

NightCrest
04-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Nintyuk said

Big Picture (http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595907951902786886/EC5ADB82F378C423169F2048EDD65D84F058F3F4/)

Freeze Tile Set
Flip table
Fun

Perhaps, but I feel like if that were to be implemented, it could be done in a much more logical manner. Like maybe being able to toggle on/off the table graphic. As it stands, it just seems weird that flipping the table, which is supposed to send everything flying, does not actually send some things flying.

QQuixotic
04-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Great update!
One minor thing so far: if you start the RPG gamemode on a small table (in my case, the small square one), some of the pieces start off the edge.

Loving the ALT controls.

Kagosby
04-11-2014, 01:00 PM
I like the tile grid, but I also agree that we should be able to toggle it on or off.

As for a feature suggestion, I'd still like to see the ability to "OP" players so they also get the host's menu and can spawn objects and change the gamemode.

paul_snoops
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GMEwPHm.jpg

This happens most times when I close the game. Running in windowed mode, Windows 7 x64 (think it's been happening since 0.09).

Finassar
04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
NightCrest said

I actually really like this

Mara
04-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Ability to give or share OP powers sounds very good as Kagosby said. http://www.berserk-games.com/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Kimiko
04-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Right now, the main thing is to get the game as top quality as it can at this stage for release on Steam. So please just post any and all bugs you may find. Features are something that can be added later (and will be anyways), so let's keep these beta threads for bugs and issues that arise.

Thanks!

jay_rab
04-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Nintyuk said

Freeze Tile Set
Flip table
Fun

I would agree that this bug has the makings to be a feature, I would be sad to see this bug get fixed.

WHY? I have had a couple times were one user has had to step away from a chess game and since I am windows mode I can go about doing other things on the computer, now if they want to get my attention they have to leave the game.

FlukiestEmperor
04-11-2014, 09:53 PM
jay_rab said

WHY? I have had a couple times were one user has had to step away from a chess game and since I am windows mode I can go about doing other things on the computer, now if they want to get my attention they have to leave the game.

I agree. Sometimes I don't understand the removal of features (not specially talking about this game, I have seen many games and programs do this) when it could be an option. Although I also understand the fear of too many options, but for a sandboxed game like this, the more options the better.

Mara
04-11-2014, 10:41 PM
I found a small typo.

http://puu.sh/85wpz.jpg

too weak

niekie
04-12-2014, 04:50 AM
As reported before, the Linux version still seems to be suffering from the fact that all keybinds still respond when a user is chatting (typing a message).

Steps to replicate:

Hit enter during a game to start entering a chat message.
Start typing.
Expected behaviour:

Chat message is entered without any side-effects
Actual behaviour:

Chat message is entered, however all keybinds still respond. E.g. typing a word containing a "w", "a", "s" or "d" will cause the user to move the camera, hitting the spacebar resets the camera (which happens in all non 1-word chat messages, very annoying), or typing a word containing "v" while having something in the paste buffer will cause that object to be spawned.
This is a very annoying bug, and I'd be happy to provide any aid with testing required to get it solved.

NightCrest
04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
jay_rab said
I would agree that this bug has the makings to be a feature, I would be sad to see this bug get fixed.

As I said above, I'd agree, but I feel like there are plenty of better ways to go about making this a feature aside from having to violently hurl the table out from under the dungeon (a couple of simple ideas that come to mind: invisible table type, a toggle table graphic button, maybe a cloud table so it looks like it's floating on a cloud. Even currently, you can lock a platform in the air, if they later added the ability to toggle lock state for specific tiles, then you could totally have floating dungeons above the table). Also, I think it would make it impossible to undo anything in this state since that would just revert everything to before the table was flipped (and if it doesn't, it would unlock the tiles and they'd go falling into oblivion). Not to mention that some tables, like the big rectangle one, have that edge that can get caught on the dungeon. I've already had the table very nearly get stuck on the dungeon once. Yes, the floating dungeons are cool, but if it's going to be a feature, it should be a feature, not a bug.

Kimiko
04-12-2014, 11:13 AM
I told him about this as soon as it was released, cause he didn't have me check it first http://www.berserk-games.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif So yes, it's been reported multiple times already.

Mara said

I found a small typo.

too weak

Alex
04-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Whenever I try to make a board picture that is black and white, it turns red.
It is fine when you first set it as the board picture, but if you press undo/back it changed the color to red.
Also, if you save it then load it later it will be red.
http://i.imgur.com/aiTMPvW.png

FlukiestEmperor
04-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Mara said

I found a small typo.

too weak

I believe that "was" should be changed to "is" too.

Was implies that she was weak in the past (in this case, less than a second ago), and gained muscle so that "she is weak" is no longer true.

Is would imply she is currently weak (the present tense), and therefore cannot flip the table for that reason.

Another example would be like saying:

She is nice.
She was nice.

NightCrest
04-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Alex said

Whenever I try to make a board picture that is black and white, it turns red.
It is fine when you first set it as the board picture, but if you press undo/back it changed the color to red.
Also, if you save it then load it later it will be red.

Is the image a .png? I know pngs had similar issues in 0.9, try making it a .jpg and see if it persists.

FlukiestEmperor said

Mara said

I found a small typo.

too weak

I believe that "was" should be changed to "is" too.

Was implies that she was weak in the past (in this case, less than a second ago), and gained muscle so that "she is weak" is no longer true.

Is would imply she is currently weak (the present tense), and therefore cannot flip the table for that reason.

Another example would be like saying:

She is nice.
She was nice.

Because it uses the word "tried," which is a past tense word, "was" would be the correct tense for the sentence. If it said "___ tries to flip the table" "is too weak" would be correct.

FlukiestEmperor
04-12-2014, 12:58 PM
NightCrest said
Because it uses the word "tried," which is a past tense word, "was" would be the correct tense for the sentence. If it said "___ tries to flip the table" "is too weak" would be correct.

Good point. In this case I feel like it would make more sense if the entire sentence is in the present tense.

Kimiko
04-12-2014, 09:01 PM
You guys, I'm used to being the only grammar nazi, stop it! http://www.berserk-games.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Karmond
04-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Some of the RPG figurines are larger than they visually appear. If you try to drop a Ghoul right next to another Ghoul they will hit each other when dropping the second one too close (but not not close enough for the bases to touch).

kalminos
04-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Hex grid dungeon pieces, for GURPS players such as me, possibly?

NightCrest
04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
If you grab 3 floor tiles at once and then try to drop them, they'll just float there without falling.

jay_rab
04-15-2014, 12:12 AM
NightCrest said

If you grab 3 floor tiles at once and then try to drop them, they'll just float there without falling.

dont forget to say if they are held right they begin to spin (super fun to watch): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgavL0N_-LE

NightCrest
04-15-2014, 06:33 AM
jay_rab said

NightCrest said

dont forget to say if they are held right they begin to spin (super fun to watch)

Omg that's hilarious. I can't say I've ever gotten them to do that. I think it probably has something to do with the grid snapping because checker pieces will do the same thing if dropped above the checkerboard.

Badger
04-18-2014, 09:03 PM
The game seems to crash whenever I exit out of it. 3rd time it's happened to me so far.