PDA

View Full Version : Hail to the Chief! 100% Playable Prototype (play-testers and artists wanted)

Hammer2Fall
01-24-2016, 01:34 AM
Link To Steam Workshop Provided At The Bottom Of This Post

Hello. I've been working on a tabletop game in my free time for a few years, now.

Until last week, Iv'e only had a physical prototype that I took to game shops and conventions to play test. Sadly, I've had no luck submitting my prototype to game companies. Most of them have no interest in solicitations, or have thanked me but weren't interested in any ideas from amateur game creators.

So, instead of packing up the prototype, and letting it collect dust in the closet, never to be seen or heard from again, Iv'e ported it all into Tabletop Simulator to give to you, Berserk Games, and its community!
BEHOLD:
http://i.imgur.com/RWQiO8r.png

So, the first thing you'll notice, is that there's a lack of artwork. To be honest, I'm not an artist, and I don't really know any artists. It's 100% playable, though! It's just not pretty, per say. The mechanics work, I've played to win condition dozens of times, and folks seem to really like the heart of the game play.

So, what is it?

Hail to the Chief is a tabletop board game that's a parody and love letter to the tropes and classic themes of cheesy police movies, TV shows, and video games. It also features light role-play elements. It follows the concept of the "Thin Blue Line" where you must balance cooperating with each other for the good of the city, but still compete with each other and do what needs to be done to climb the ladder for Promotion. Will you choose good cop actions, or bad cop actions?

As I submit this to the Steam Workshop, I'm making a call to Artists, Critics, Play-testers, and Online Streamers to give it a try.
-If you want to try a new and original game in a modern setting...
-If you're an artist who wants to contribute...
-If you're an online streamer who wants to record new content on tabletop simulator that's NOT SECRET HITLER...
-If you want to critique a game, and offer helpful feedback to improve the meta or balance...
-If you just want to offer ideas for more interesting character types, events, or dispatch cards...
-If you think you can come up with a whole new gameplay mode for use with the City Map Board (Obligatory Zombie Outbreak mod? Scotland Yard-like heist variant?)...

Please, by all means comment below, or contact me.

Hail to the Chief (Steam Workshop):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=607401792

- - - Updated - - -

And just for the giggles, here's a picture of the physical prototype I made a few years ago:

SKvasir
04-10-2016, 09:22 PM
I'm no artist either so I can't help out with that, but I'd like to help out with okay testing if I can.

upsideDownTortoise
04-21-2016, 11:54 AM
Hello,

I'll message you both here and on Steam in case you don't check by here often. :) I'm a young and fairly inexperienced graphic design student who very much enjoys creating graphical game art. I'm not really sure what you're after but I can have a shot at making some art for you. I have a few games up on the workshop if you want to check them out: search for Nothing to Declare and Snake Oil (Adult Edition) on the workshop if you want to see what I can do. If you're after very painterly scenes or anything like portraiture then I'm probably not your guy as these are not my strong points. Anyway get back to me if you're interested!

Torty