PDA

View Full Version : Please, give us the ability to edit the size of the custom boards.

Remo
04-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Since it automatically resizes any image URL you give it, it makes most maps from RPG games distorted and unplayable. Give us the ability to change the size of custom boards, or at least let us make the custom board snap to the IMAGE instead, so we can presize the images to our needs.

jay_rab
04-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Remo said

Since it automatically resizes any image URL you give it, it makes most maps from RPG games distorted and unplayable. Give us the ability to change the size of custom boards, or at least let us make the custom board snap to the IMAGE instead, so we can presize the images to our needs.

though just a work around, using four custom boards with the image split into four parts really helps with this issue as seen here:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3300320532549670209/66E30F1C792281F9F25E91FF65546EF524F154FF/

here is a link to that resource: http://markdesousa.com/tools/tabletop-simulator/multi-board/

DoctorBeard
05-01-2014, 02:05 AM
Although that just moves the problem of needing bigger boards to the problem of needing bigger tables.

jay_rab
05-01-2014, 04:58 AM
DoctorBeard said

Although that just moves the problem of needing bigger boards to the problem of needing bigger tables.

not really, as you can see the boards can extend past the table so you tech. could select a smaller table and just add more boards till you have the table size you want, like you see in the photo karmond made use of the black space on the board to set pieces and other things on as well so the custom boards can act however you need them to based on how thoughtful you are about how you make the image.

DoctorBeard
05-01-2014, 05:04 AM
jay_rab said
so you tech. could select a smaller table and just add more boards till you have the table size you want

That's a good point, I never even thought of that. I was mostly just referring to the above picture, which leaves very little room for stuff outside of the board which is usually required, especially in games like HeroQuest where the entire board is used for gameplay.

I also didn't realize that little black space with the extra pieces on was part of the board, I thought it was just some extra feature of the large table that I didn't know of.

Still, I think we can all agree that custom board sizes and custom table sizes would be baller. And I'm sure both features will make their way into the game sooner or later (and I'm absolutely OK with later).