PDA

View Full Version : F.A.D.E. WIP Battle CCG

XKirby
07-31-2016, 07:27 PM
This game's been a work-in-progress of mine for the past 6 years and, although I'm now trying to show it off publicly, it still has a lot of work to go. I've been a one-man army through most of it, and it's mostly been on and off work for a lot of it. I'll be releasing it on the Steam Workshop for public play sometime soon. For now, here's a showcase of the game.

Fighter's Arena, Destructive Encounters

Abbreviated to F.A.D.E., this is a card game based off of Fighters, Brawlers, and Shonen manga/anime where the goal is to defeat your opponent(s) by lowering their Health Points to zero. There's 5 main types of cards:

Character Cards - These are your main forces as well as your main defense.
Augment Cards - These can buff, debuff, or alter the way you play certain cards.
Skill Cards - The main way to deal significant damage.
Reaction Cards - A way to defend against or manipulate various game elements.
Item Cards - Objects that hold powers, mostly to be utilized by someone.

Utilizing these cards to build both a Power Deck full of Augments, Skills, Reactions, and Items, and a Fighter Pool full of Characters, you go against opponents who've done the same to see who's got what it takes. Using "Technique Points", most of these cards have 1 of 5 Ranks, going from weak Specials to game-changing Ultras to the almighty Legendaries.

As of right now, there's already slightly over 700 cards. Most of them don't have illustrations, but the card design has pretty much been finalized. Attached to this post will be screenshots of the Tabletop Simulator setups.

A couple of quick notes about the development process, for those who're curious:

I had a friend of mine design quite a few of the cards. However, he's currently too busy to help me any further.
I've commissioned some artwork for the game. The illustrations shown are commissioned. The card layout, the card back, the board layout, the tokens, and the rulebook were all me. Took a long time.
I've been through multiple iterations of the rules and design of the cards, and what you see now is basically the final design minus one or two alterations. I will be porting updated cards at a later date.

EDIT: Here's the Steam Workshop links. Please note that the game it still a work-in-progress. If you want to offer help, please do so.
Generation 1 Sets (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720560811)
Battle Arena Table (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412233522)