PDA

View Full Version : cards instead of character sheets? maybe

wgoff194
05-03-2014, 07:29 AM
OK, I may need help with this but what if we, as a community made cards to represent items, spells, abilities, races and classes. Then all we would need to keep track of is stats.

So the card would have a picture on top and text on bottom. Text would include information like base stats, uses, etc. Decks could be made for classes with info and cards for that classes abilities. A deck of items. Deck of races. Etc etc.

Player would collect cards representing parts of his character sheet then roll stats and put them in notepad. Hold onto the cards until use. And for abilities just flip over until they rest/can use them again.

QQuixotic
05-03-2014, 08:22 AM
If we were just desperate for SOMETHING, we would get our character sheet, throw it on a card sheet, and paste it together in game real quick like a puzzle.
If we're going the DND Pathfinder Adventurer Card Game route, we could do that, but there are several systems that's not keen to. Plus, now any hidden information we would want to hide until the right time will be cached on their system and they can check it.

wgoff194
05-03-2014, 08:31 AM
QQuixotic said

If we were just desperate for SOMETHING, we would get our character sheet, throw it on a card sheet, and paste it together in game real quick like a puzzle.
If we're going the DND Pathfinder Adventurer Card Game route, we could do that, but there are several systems that's not keen to. Plus, now any hidden information we would want to hide until the right time will be cached on their system and they can check it.

True... Hmmm back to drawing board..

wgoff194
05-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Question, is the catch the entire deck or just cards... I know it may not work with all systems but I still kinda want to play with the idea.

QQuixotic
05-03-2014, 10:03 AM
wgoff194 said

Question, is the catch the entire deck or just cards... I know it may not work with all systems but I still kinda want to play with the idea.

The cache is the entire deck- at no point does TTS load or maintain a single face of a card. Everything a URL points to will be downloaded in it's entirety.