PDA

View Full Version : Card/Board relative dimensions

AndrewM16921
05-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I was wondering (couldn't seem to find this info anywhere), what is the dimension of a custom board relative to the size of cards in the game? Does it differ between tables?

QQuixotic
05-03-2014, 01:28 PM
AndrewM16921 said

I was wondering (couldn't seem to find this info anywhere), what is the dimension of a custom board relative to the size of cards in the game? Does it differ between tables?

It does in fact differ between tables. The RPG table is naturally the largest board, so I'll have to try and check it out soon.
Although there is some sort of relative scaling for the boards, so square boards no longer get squished. I'll have to examine that too.

Unreal_Ed
05-09-2014, 02:04 PM
AndrewM16921 said

Since you can change the sizes of the cards, and the board can change size depending on your choice of table (and now your board picture's ratio), that's a hard question to answer. Thankfully you can change the size of your cards, so unless you need them to be very precise, they will fit on the space on a board. In that regard, check out Pandante, things fit well.

I am planning on making a Nexus mod entry that is a guide for making games in TTS. I want it to answer those kinds of questions, as well as what's the best place to host your files, etc. So tell me what you'd like to see on there that could be helpful in a guide.

jay_rab
05-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Ed you should also look into making a guide on steam as well, I am sure many steam users would like it.

As far as a fixed size it really is fixed based on a variable of table + image so unless you just really like the blank image on the custom board your size changes based on those outlines as even the custom board is being giving a size based on the blank image so without it there would be a difference.