PDA

View Full Version : Steam Update v1.3 (Bug Reports Feedback)

Kimiko
05-09-2014, 07:39 AM
The patch notes this week will be a bit shorter than normal because we have been working on a lot of behind the scenes stuff for Workshop integration. We've been making great progress on that and next week’s update will hopefully have Workshop support so keep an eye out. As always, restart Steam to ensure you get the latest update!

http://berserk-games.com/images/Tokens.png

Features:
Custom decks can now be spawned sideways. This will make the 'Alt' zoom the correct orientation.
You can now notify everyone to a location by tapping the 'Tab' key and a bouncing arrow will appear with sound
2 new host options: Allow client scaling and enable hands (hands are how you hold multiple cards)
Added rules for Mahjong, Reversi and Solitaire.
Custom Paper figurines Added:
Let's you import a picture onto a paper figurine
'ALT' zoom looks at them from the front instead of top for easier viewing
1x2 aspect ratio on the custom card image
Turn Improvements:
You can now reverse the order of the turns by choosing counterclockwise
People that have empty hands can also be automatically skipped, great for poker style games.

Changes:
Africa (AF) has been added to the location selector when hosting.
Search in Server Browser now also works on location.
Objects held will no longer be placed in the Loot Bag.
You can scale objects even larger now (Up to 3 times the normal size, previously 2 times).

Fixes:
Fixed custom content save files storing your local directory instead of the URL.
Multi object pickup will no longer mess up the scale of your objects. Each one will be independently scaled.
Saving and loading now works with the Loot Bag for remembering what was inside
Cards will now properly hide and reveal when changing what color you are playing as
PNG color bug should no longer be occurring (maybe)
Loot bags can no longer be stored inside each other; Bagception was too OP
Solitaire chosen on glass table will swap to octagon to avoid issues with glass collision
Resetting cards in card actions menu will not reset their scale
Sir Loin and Mara are no longer duplicated on the spawn menu.
What we’re working on:
Steam Workshop Integration
3D Model Support for Mods
Additional RPG Features
Connection Issues
??? game mode
More Steam Integration
RAM Optimization
Crashing issues
and much more…

QQuixotic
05-09-2014, 09:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OIc8DRk.gif
I'm very interested on trying so many things with paper figurines. Ugh so many games I can import now. (I mean, technically I could import them before but I wasn't as interested without tokens). My list of things to do just never runs out.

Maurdekye
05-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Custom cards are even more broken for me now. I tried making a save, but when I loaded the cards back up all their urls were mixed up, and some decks had cards that they shouldn't have had. And on top of that, the compression for the cards is almost completely glitched, as when you get too far from the cards they become all glitched and are impossible to make out.

But at least people on my server could see the cards. That was nice.

Raigne
05-09-2014, 10:29 AM
I am not sure if it's compression like Maurdekye says or if it's related to the screening functionality for dealing, but here's a picture of what he's talking about with the cards when zoomed out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/raigne/Untitled-1_zpsb3a6f57f.jpg

All the cards without a smash up logo are actually face up. You can see it does it with cards in the opponents hands as well. Since that card back is actually on the same image as the card faces, I think it's not compression but the screen added for dealing. If that's the case, is it possible to add an option to turn it off or make it a separate mode you can turn on and off?

Knil
05-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Strange can you guys send me your saves that are messed up to

BerserkGames@gmail.com

Maurdekye
05-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Wait... you were playing Smash Up, Raigne? I released that mod, and was using the same cards with the same strange mipmapping effect. Maybe there's something about my mod specifically that causes that problem.

Raigne
05-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Maurdekye said

Wait... you were playing Smash Up, Raigne? I released that mod, and was using the same cards with the same strange mipmapping effect. Maybe there's something about my mod specifically that causes that problem.

Nope. I wasn't using your save game, and it was also affecting a game of Tanto Cuore I was playing a few days ago. A Friend hosted that game, so I'm downloading the save for that one to see if it's in there for me when I add it to my saves and then sending both in if it is.

ETA: I should note, for some of us this didn't begin to happen until we deleted the mods folder as was suggested on the comments to your version, as this was the third time we attempted to get it to not have a URL error. But I had been experiencing it prior to this game.

Knil
05-09-2014, 04:20 PM
I figured out what the zoom out issue is on cards, strange that is only happens for certain images. Thanks for sending the saves over.

Maurdekye
05-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Raigne said

Nope. I wasn't using your save game, and it was also affecting a game of Tanto Cuore I was playing a few days ago. A Friend hosted that game, so I'm downloading the save for that one to see if it's in there for me when I add it to my saves and then sending both in if it is.

No actually, I have fair reason to believe that you were using my cards (although not necessarily my save). When I hosted the save, it had been severely broken, and I ended up having to post the links to the pictures in the description. When your friend hosted the game, he likely referenced those links. Also, there are no other smash up mods on the nexus, so I don't see how else he could have gotten hold of the card files.

Also when you showed the zoomed out photo, they were glitched and malformed in exactly the same way as my cards were when I tested them.

Mark
05-14-2014, 09:21 AM
If a name is erroneous (contains non-english characters) or is a commonly used name on IRC then it won't work in-game. I suggest making it changeable in the chat.

Link to thread here (http://www.berserk-games.com/forum/technical-support-1/405/).