PDA

View Full Version : Resize

Alejo68
05-12-2014, 03:30 AM
Hi, and sorry if it was posted before.
I wanted to know if we will be able to resize the map image on the table and/or the cutoms figurines. I tried to use my RPG maps and create some characters, but either or the map is too small (I mean the square grid shown in it), or the figurines base is too big (and I mean TOO big). So it wont allow me to use any.
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Edit:
well I have seen in nexus there is a way to sort, for example, four maps altoghether. Which increases the overall size... Is there a tutorial for that?

QQuixotic
05-12-2014, 11:51 AM
There is no tutorial for this feature- it's a direct edit of a save file. Unfortunately, I've lost the generator for this file. Jay_Rab or someone will certainly show up soon with the link (no pressure).
The board does change with the size of the table- the RPG table has the largest board.
You can change the size of objects by holding them and pressing - or +.

em
05-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Link for the Multi Board savefile generator (http://markdesousa.com/tools/tabletop-simulator/multi-board/)

I understand why we don't have the custom content forum anymore, but it would be nice to have a mod-locked thread somewhere with useful tools like the deck generators and this save file generator and the like. It can just be a single post with links to websites or Nexus page for each item. Obviously nothing that is copywritten or trademarked or anything; just the tools themselves. Maybe even useful information as well, like card aspect ratios, and player marker aspect ratios, and other things which aren't well documented anywhere, but have been mentioned more than once in the forums.

Karmond
05-12-2014, 01:52 PM
em said
I understand why we don't have the custom content forum anymore, but it would be nice to have a mod-locked thread somewhere with useful tools like the deck generators and this save file generator and the like.

The Mod Discussion Forum on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/discussions/1/) is probably the best place for custom mods now.

em
05-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Karmond said
The Mod Discussion Forum on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/discussions/1/) is probably the best place for custom mods now.
I agree. I just want the tools that people can use to make those mods to be more accessible if you're first going to the forum. I've linked to that multi-board generator once on Reddit, at least half a dozen times in the forum on steam, and a few times here as well. Same with the deck tool that Andrew made, before it was pinned in the mods forum on Steam.

I'm of the opinion that there is a very large difference between tools created by users to make the game more accessible to anyone, and custom content that may or may not be copywritten or trademarked. The first belongs here, even if the second does not. I just feel like an easy access list of tools that the users made, and undocumented information for people who are making the custom content, should be available on the forums, both here and in Steam. Maybe I'll make something here, but I'm not sure which forum here it would best belong in. Especially as I don't want to step on feet about the moratorium on posting custom content here (hence the suggestion to have a moderator lock any such thread). I don't want to make more work for anyone, so if a mod or a dev okays it, I'd even make up a post (not that I remember the ratio for the regular cards...).

ollj
01-30-2015, 02:40 AM
its really easy to set the square grid to 2x2 and count the aspect ratio of the large table (and the ratio of its texture) to be exactly

the table texture image has the ratio of 13 by 22

so all you do is:

- make a new image that is 13 by 22, or 1300 by 2200.
- then rescale that 13by22 image to fit the larger dimension of your custom table image. (if your custom image is 4000x6000, you scale the 2200 to 6000 or scale the 1400 up to 4000) just scale both dimensions by the same scale factor.
- then copy your table image in your new and resized image to "frame" it with that. the final image should have a ratio of 13 by 22 and have your texture pasted into it. it will not be stretched when imported as table texture.