PDA

View Full Version : Hit Point Bars for All Units

TattleTale
04-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Title says it all... The Module is called Bar Keep. Here's a short video to show the work.

https://youtu.be/YYjjluhAu3A

Mark
04-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Looks cool! Would it be possible to position the red part to stay on the left? It would make it a lot easier to read.

MrStump
04-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Some cool concepts. I like how you drop the bar down to determine the height of the figurine, I'm surprised it works (but in a good way).

It wouldn't look as good, but this gives me a nice idea. You could also do this with a button, and create a text-based Fill bar. [||||||||||||||] or [|||||--------] and such, to keep it attached to something.

Probably an inferior version to what you've made here though, nice work. I love your solution of removing and replacing the bar as needed.

And to mark's point, I haven't looked at your code but I bet you could by offsetting the position by 50% of the health lost to justify the red bar to the left/right (if you preferred)

Haha I just saw at the end the little easy grid and blindfold tools. Nice additions.

TattleTale
04-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. As for left justification, I am concerned about crowded areas where people are using many HP Bars. When HP is low (and far left), the ‘red’ areas could become hard to associate to the proper unit (it may be easier on the eye if the ‘red’ is directly above). I could add it as a toggle option. I will look at that. Thanks again.

TattleTale
04-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Due to an overwhelming consensus, the Health Bar have been changes to Left Justified rather than Centered. If you like the Centered option, alter line 44 on the Bar Keep objectís script. (This will affect new minis, not those already spawned.) Thanks Mark and MrStump, virtually everyone agreed to move off of center.

MrStump
04-09-2017, 04:18 PM
I agree with you that, as a clear visual indicator, having it merge to the center makes sense. We're just all too conditioned by left-to-right progress bars by this point that anything else looks odd

Again, great tool, I literally can't think of a thing wrong with it.

Mark
04-17-2017, 07:03 AM
I agree with you that, as a clear visual indicator, having it merge to the center makes sense. We're just all too conditioned by left-to-right progress bars by this point that anything else looks odd

Again, great tool, I literally can't think of a thing wrong with it.

I read the indicator as a percentage. It's difficult when you're looking at three different bars (black, red, black) to gauge how much red takes up how much black. I'm glad the option is there for those who prefer it this way.