PDA

View Full Version : THE WALL OF SHAME (who's been banned for bad behavior)

Pants
03-16-2014, 04:08 PM
So even when playing ostensibly 2-player games (chess) I've liked having 8 player slots open when i host a server.

When folks are being nice, they watch or play with blocks or whatever.

Some, though, are not so nice.

Here's the list of players I've had to ban thus far for being totally rude and disruptive:

REMOVED

QQuixotic
03-17-2014, 12:16 AM
With some rigor added (like requiring a screenshot) this could be a powerful tool for admins looking to banish those who will guaranteed just come in and mess stuff up. Right now it's not so bad, but as the game grows, a Google Doc (at the very least) for people to add their own bans and screenshots will help tremendously.

Were any of these people banned for more than just table flipping?

Kimiko
03-17-2014, 06:23 AM
I think right now it's best not to call out anyone, especially in this stage of the game. Maybe we can come up with some later on, but right now, it's best not to point fingers and cause issues.

Thanks.

Pants
03-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Why was my list removed, without comment or explanation? EDIT: oh, explanation was posted. fair enough.

Were any of these people banned for more than just table flipping?
Flipping was just part of it. It was generally disruptive behavior, such as just knocking over everything on the table or actively interfering with a chess game by moving pieces etc.

Kimiko
03-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Yeah sorry, I meant to put something in your post and just hit reply and just posted as a response.

jay_rab
03-18-2014, 05:13 AM
many games and companies do not allow users to call out players, it may be legal reasons or it maybe just they dont want to handle the conflict, in my experience the games that have the lease amount of recoil for users who act out are the games that have the most rampant issues.

Doriphor
04-11-2014, 05:18 AM
Sorry for reviving this, even though the thread isn't THAT old.

Optional spectator slots and/or a protected area for the players would be a great way to solve this issue without offending anyone IMO :).

FlukiestEmperor
04-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Doriphor said

Sorry for reviving this, even though the thread isn't THAT old.

Off topic, but this is something I never understood about forums. You have forums where if you create a new thread they say "Why didn't you use search?" and proceed to point you to an old thread. Then you have forums where if you post on an old thread, they say, why didn't you start a new thread?

To me it makes far more sense to revive an old thread to keep all the information related to that centralized (and I have seen certain forums do this to. Thread started in 2005, new posts still coming in today).

For the people that for no apparent reason don't like reviving an old thread (by that logic, we should just delete everything on the internet that is old), if posts didn't have post dates, suddenly you wouldn't care if an old thread was revived, because you couldn't check the date.

Alright... My rant is over. It's just something that has always bothered me on forums, and something I never understood.