Thread: Another Connection Issue Thread

Another Connection Issue Thread

Well it's yet another connection issue thread.

I bought the game a couple of days ago. Every time I go to the server browser.. it just hangs on an infinite loading loop and nothing ever shows.

Port 11155 is open, UPnP was turned on and even just briefly turned on the DMZ to see if that would help.

There are no error messages, I did quickly host a test game and some random person did join/connect to it.

-bump-

will add that the rotating loading icon just remains on any option in the server browser, "All Servers", "Friends" and "LAN".

-bump-

still having this issue.

Just letting you know we're still looking into this issue. It seems to happen to a small handful of people. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

And just to verify, you can host just fine but you are unable to load any servers on the browser?

I'm in London, UK.

Yes, hosting goes fine (and connecting directly via IP or "join game" via Steam friendlist). It's just viewing the server list that fails to work.. just get an infinite loading circle graphic.

So far to the 4 or so people I have talked to about this it seems to be a routing issues from the EU we are still looking into this.

What is the IP address? so I can run a traceroute on it.

Master Server Ip: 54.174.122.200

Have you had to use the proxy server at all and if so has it worked?

The proxy option is just set to auto. I did try playing around with it originally to see if it would make the server list appear, but no luck. Connecting to games directly/hosting isn't a problem it's just viewing the list.

I ran traceroute on 54.174.122.200.. and strangely doesn't seem to get past my router...

1 192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1) 0.782 ms 0.781 ms 1.100 ms
    2 * * *
    3 * * *

Does this IP work better? 52.28.92.79

Sadly no.. issue doesn't seem to get past my router.

Did use this site: http://ping.eu/traceroute/ for an external traceroute and that gets through to that IP fine.

Maybe changing your DNS will have better luck? Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

My DNS settings were set to Google's DNServers. I just changed them back to my ISP's automatic assignment. Still the same issue. Unless there is some really weird bug with my router I can't think why there would be any other issue my end.

Can reproduce error. I live in Hungary and my connection can't get past amazon servers. It chokes at 205.251.245.123 IP every time.
    *EDIT* Asked friend to traceroute the 54.174.122.200 IP, which I belive is the host server for the games, and yet he couldn't trace there, while it's a different ISP and place.

Seems to be a Linux issue tho.. as trying on a Windows machine in the same house and the game server list works fine.
    I didn't run traceroute on Windows tho...

Thanks Frogsock, that helps a lot!

I'm using Windows 8.1 Enterprise if that helps too.

It no longer helps lol! Was hoping it was a linux specific issue.

This makes me think it's some sort of firewall issue.

Try the tracert Frogsock on windows.

OK this makes 0 sense to me.. managed the Windows computer again.. and running "tracert" on those IP addresses and I get all the way "home". Run "traceroute" on my Linux box and nothing.. it doesn't even get past my router.

There aren't any policies that would be blocking me access to those IP addresses.

Don't ask me why but for some reason I can suddenly ping those IP addresses from my Linux machine and the server list loads. Nothing changed/updated at all..

I still can't traceroute it for some reason tho.

We opened the security group on our server to include ICMP traffic yesterday (a shot in the dark). Glad to hear it fixed the issue!

Is anyone else still having issues loading the server browser?

Unfortunately since the latest release and the DDOSing issues/changes to make thing more secure this issue has come back for me, the server list never loads anymore, just an infinite circular loading icon again.

It should be working now again for you.