Thread: Trouble making Square Tokens

Trouble making Square Tokens

I recently got Tabletop Simulator and have been driving myself nuts the past few days trying to make a square token. I am trying to make a square token using a different image for each side. My attempts have yielded lackluster results thus far so I thought I would ask here for some help since I am new to this. Also is it possible to make tokens in other shapes such as an oval?

Thanks in advance,

Valorian

What 3D program are you attempting to use? What about your current tokens look bad?

I wasn't exactly intending to use a 3d program for a double sided flat token. What I was hoping is to take 2 pictures I have and put one on each side of a flat token so I am not really trying to make a 3D model. At any rate I could try to make a 3d token model in photoshop although it was a bit more work than I was planning admittedly.

Making a double sided card as a token is fine and easy to do. Are you familiar with the deck building tool for TTS? I would highly recommend using it if you aren't already. It can be found in your TTS install directory. There is an official TTS made video on how the deck building tool works on their homepage, but if you still need some help with it just come back and ask.

Putting anything into TTS is difficult at first, but once you understand the process, it is really very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valorian View Post
    I wasn't exactly intending to use a 3d program for a double sided flat token. What I was hoping is to take 2 pictures I have and put one on each side of a flat token so I am not really trying to make a 3D model. At any rate I could try to make a 3d token model in photoshop although it was a bit more work than I was planning admittedly.
    Go to the chest(which is now "Components"), select "Custom", then "Tile". Choose what shape you want the token to be, then place the link to your 2 pictures in the 2 fields for each side. Make sure both of the images are the same size resolution. Use the slider to set the thickness of the tile - .20 is the default and is usually good for most tiles.

Edit: sorry, ignore me lol - I just realized how old this thread was... :P