Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Beta v0.8 update! Feedback Bug Reports.

New Beta v0.8 update! Feedback Bug Reports.

An odd issue has popped up with the standard decks. Attempting to copy any individual card from the standard deck spawns this blank card where the back has only a cutout portion of the bottom left corner of the normal back. However, it's pretty easily fixed by just throwing any of the affected cards into a card stack, wherein it revert to the card it should have appeared as if it had been properly copied/pasted. Note I tested this out only in singleplayer mode, I'm unsure as to what would crop up on other players' clients in a multiplayer game.

I've found a few issues with the new custom deck system.

When loading custom decks, pressing the enter key instead of pushing the 'enter' button will cause the UI to become unresponsive. The game will also fail to load the deck.

If an invalid URL is given to the game for a custom deck image, it will be unable to load custom decks even if a valid URL is later given. The only fix is to disconnect and start a new game.

Sometimes, and especially with custom decks, people joining a game late will need to have the host revert and then restore the game state using the arrows to get the decks and cards to appear as they should. Otherwise they appear stuck in random positions above the board.

Saving a game that has custom cards may lead to inconsistent results. When multiple custom decks are loaded into the game some may be missing upon reloading, and it is unclear how one should provide the URLs required if there are multiple custom decks. A suggestion is to also save the associated URLs so that they may be automatically loaded when a user loads a save. Having saves work reliably would make setting up complex card games much easier.

A good improvement to the custom deck system would be the ability to provide the images in batches. Perhaps some kind of file format that provides the required information for each custom deck to be loaded. Any similar feature that alleviates the tedium of loading multiple decks would be welcome.

CrunchyFrog said

An odd issue has popped up with the standard decks. Attempting to copy any individual card from the standard deck spawns this blank card where the back has only a cutout portion of the bottom left corner of the normal back. However, it's pretty easily fixed by just throwing any of the affected cards into a card stack, wherein it revert to the card it should have appeared as if it had been properly copied/pasted. Note I tested this out only in singleplayer mode, I'm unsure as to what would crop up on other players' clients in a multiplayer game.

I can confirm this and this also happens with custom decks as well.

When i try to run it on my Mac 10.9.2 it keeps saying the file is corrupted

bobobmb72 said

When i try to run it on my Mac 10.9.2 it keeps saying the file is corrupted

Have you tried redownloading?

Another quick thing for the next patch would be to improve the wording of the menu.

The phrases "Close" and "Disconnect" aren't as clear as they should be. So I suggest changing them to "Resume Game" and Return to Main Menu" respectively. Not as concise, but in this case I'd vote for clarity over unclear brevity.

The state saving is sometimes saving mid table flip, so when I was having someone continuously try to flip the table and when I would hit back it would give me this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQKmMyKMRqk

if you have the chat active, as in you are typing something, if you are also in the menu you can not click anything in the menu till you hit enter or back out of the chat.

not sure if this is a safeguard or an issue, but I noticed this when trying to "disconnect" and it wouldnt let me till I hit enter in the chat

Bug:
    When the host alt-tabs, FPS tanks for other players. Have had this happen during some RPG games several times.

Suggestion:
    It would be nice if when you press the Back button in the spawn item it would just bring you one step back, instead of back to the main menu. It makes it a hassle if you want to spawn several different types of objects, such as a coin and dice, or blocks and piecepack pieces.

JeffDeaf said

Bug:
    When the host alt-tabs, FPS tanks for other players. Have had this happen during some RPG games several times.

Suggestion:
    It would be nice if when you press the Back button in the spawn item it would just bring you one step back, instead of back to the main menu. It makes it a hassle if you want to spawn several different types of objects, such as a coin and dice, or blocks and piecepack pieces.

I have encountered this many times, and this will also stop anyone from connecting to your server while you are alt-tabbed, I generally suggest to the host to play in windowed mode, specially for those who have costume decks or are looking up things throughout a Roleplay, as in windowed this does not happen.

Unfortunately the minimize fullscreen lag bug is a Unity engine issue, that I cannot be fixed until Unity does. As jay_rab says, I'd suggest playing in windows mode when hosting.

http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/68952/unity3d-run-in-background-setting-not-working-in-fullscreen-standalone

When using file:/// for custom boards and cards, it works fine in singleplayer, but when I host a server, the file isn't distributed to other clients that connect.

Edit: file:/// works fine when I host a server, start up another game and connect to myself on the same computer, so I'm assuming the server only sends the link to the file when clients connect.

FlukiestEmperor said

When using file:/// for custom boards and cards, it works fine in singleplayer, but when I host a server, the file isn't distributed to other clients that connect.

Edit: file:/// works fine when I host a server, start up another game and connect to myself on the same computer, so I'm assuming the server only sends the link to the file when clients connect.

That is a relative link, maybe if they copy the same exact files to the same exact location on their machine.. maybe

For multiplayer games, for now you're better off uploading such resources to imgur or equivalent web storage location.

Chris_Walker said

That is a relative link, maybe if they copy the same exact files to the same exact location on their machine.. maybe

For multiplayer games, for now you're better off uploading such resources to imgur or equivalent web storage location.

If clients copy the file to the same location as the server it should work; all the server does is send the link to the file location.

What I was getting as is it would be nice if this game detected that and uploaded the local file.

There are a few reasons to do this.

1) Not everyone wants to upload files to the internet to be able to use custom content.
    2) People without internet, perhaps they are doing offline lan.
    3) Uploading to sites like imgur compresses the image. Sure, you could find a place where it doesn't compress it, but that could be a hassle.
    4) The user may have copyrighted content that should not be public on the internet

The whole reason I am using URL's is so the host doesn't have to use bandwidth to send files to connecting people. It would lag out anyone playing the game for the duration of the file share - which would be quite a bit longer than when downloading it off a website.

I will have a better system down the line, but for the moment this is the best solution.

Knil said

The whole reason I am using URL's is so the host doesn't have to use bandwidth to send files to connecting people. It would lag out anyone playing the game for the duration of the file share - which would be quite a bit longer than when downloading it off a website.

I will have a better system down the line, but for the moment this is the best solution.

Completely understandable. Just didn't know if it was intentional that file:/// was suppose to work or not.

It wasn't intentionally but nice a secondary effect with how the WWW class works for Unity. At the very least it will help with prototyping

https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/WWW.html

Knil said

It wasn't intentionally but nice a secondary effect with how the WWW class works for Unity. At the very least it will help with prototyping

https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/WWW.html

Had a feeling it was something like that. Java does the same thing with the URL class

I know we could request alot of dynamic turn tools like skipping players, but for the time being would we be able to have a button to change turn rotation, 1 = clockwise 0 = counter-clockwise, even it this could be in the admins card functions under reset deck and deal this would be better then players skipping themselves or the admins moving the the star.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12