Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabletop Simulator Roleplaying Game!

Tabletop Simulator Roleplaying Game!

Hey! There was some interest in general discussion, I'm looking for seven players to join me in a short campaign to test out the TTS interface. Below are some scenario ideas I am willing to run.
    1. Kick in the Door (Simple dungeon crawler, light-hearted)
    2. Cyber Corps (A high-tech espionage game, gritty)
    3. Goblins in SPAAACE (Skeptical Sci-Fi Game, half-baked)
    4. The Cost of Power (A magic focused game, investigator style high-fantasy)
    5. The Quest for MacGuffin (Age of Sail era game, low-fantasy style)
    6. Myths of Pangaea (Early bronze age style game, very heroic)
    Character sheets would be made in google docs, or a .txt that we can share on dropbox. I like to run using GURPS, character creation is point-buy based and once we choose a scenario I can release CC rules.

comfortable grey said
    1. Kick in the Door (Simple dungeon crawler, light-hearted)
    4. The Cost of Power (A magic focused game, investigator style high-fantasy)

I am personally not interested in a Cyber, hi-tech based world, out of the ones above 1 and 4 are of interest, if we could do something more medieval or even steampunk like I would be down for it, and I highly suggest we use google drive for file hosting and keep them all in one folder we all have access to.

I am assuming you are going to GM?

I can absolutely do medieval, and if there's enough push I could be convinced to do steampunk (I like the aesthetic, but it's not really practical.) Since Google Drive is free, and quite intuitive I intend on whipping up a basic character sheet and then helping people make their heroes in that shared folder (only me and the player would have editing rights, other people could just look.)

Of course, I am offering to GM!

I've played a lot of games on Roll20, but this'll be the first time I've even thought to run anything like this in TTS. Plus, GURPS should be fun. Will you be doing realistic or cinematic?

Cyber Corps and Kick In The Door are ones I'm interested in (maybe Kick In The Door for now? A simple one would be nice to test TTS). I'd be into any of them, though. I'd be bringing +1 if possible. She's creative and clever, but hasn't done an RP.

I like GURPS because it means people could play basically whatever they want, within power limits, and the 3d6 gives a more standard curve than a d20 does without bogging down dice-grabbing like with World of Darkness (hard to beat the feeling of 28 dice on an attack roll though.) Cinematic or not will depend on which scenario is picked.

So far the running votes are
    Kick In the Door: 2 (Noteworthy for it's simplicity, less things could go wrong)
    Cyber Corps: 1
    Price of Power: 1

I'm sure we could fit in another! I want seven players, anyway I can hit that is good.

Seven players? Impressive. Planning that to be the number we hit every time, or are you planning for 4 every time.

QQuixotic said

Seven players? Impressive. Planning that to be the number we hit every time, or are you planning for 4 every time.

think going for seven is great means we have 3 extras when someone misses.

I will work with what I can get, I want to bump this thread for a couple days to raise awareness. Will finish the character sheet soon too, with the current votes we're looking at 150 Point creation, with a cap of 50 disadvantage points (lowering attributes does not count towards disadvantage limit, but it's risky.)

http://files.meetup.com/47162/GURPS_Lite_Fourth_Edition.pdf GURPS Lite is enough to make a mundane character in any system, or at least start brain storming. Additional rules that I may have to add
    - Magic and Divine Power (a must for fantasy games)
    - Psionics (maybe)
    - Custom talents (they have a couple there, but we can work out more)
    - Racial Templates (You want to be an elf? It won't affect your Advantages/Disadvantages but it will cost points.)

comfortable grey said

I will work with what I can get, I want to bump this thread for a couple days to raise awareness. Will finish the character sheet soon too, with the current votes we're looking at 150 Point creation, with a cap of 50 disadvantage points (lowering attributes does not count towards disadvantage limit, but it's risky.)

http://files.meetup.com/47162/GURPS_Lite_Fourth_Edition.pdf GURPS Lite is enough to make a mundane character in any system, or at least start brain storming. Additional rules that I may have to add
    - Magic and Divine Power (a must for fantasy games)
    - Psionics (maybe)
    - Custom talents (they have a couple there, but we can work out more)
    - Racial Templates (You want to be an elf? It won't affect your Advantages/Disadvantages but it will cost points.)
    A 150 game? Perfect. Can I put all my points into extra arms and be centipede man?
    Wait, no... How many points to make my race a bear. 150 is enough points to take Bluff 3 times and still have enough for a 100 point talent.

QQuixotic said
    Wait, no... How many points to make my race a bear. 150 is enough points to take Bluff 3 times and still have enough for a 100 point talent.

you know you will have to put points into language also since your native langauge would be bear, dont think for a second I am putting my points into Animal Empathy lol

I can either bluff Common or take Signature Gear, perhaps the most useful perk.
    Oh, or I can take Gizmo 3 times, and when I need to be specific I pull out an index card with what I need to say on it (Gizmo is also great).

I'm kidding, though. I'll build a real character. Low fantasy, right?

Hahah, there are going to be some limiters. There IS a bear model, so I wouldn't stop you from playing that concept...

House Rules
    - No modifying secondary attributes. It's just simpler, if you want more health then increase your ST.
    - Talents cannot go above 3 (Magery is the talent for magic spells, Power Investiture is the talent for divine powers, PSI Talents for...)
    - Cannot have over 5 levels in talents (So, you could be Magery 3 Outdoorsman 2 but that's all you get... Mind you, this makes you a professional druid)
    - You can have one skill/spell above 15, the rest should be capped at 15. Includes talents. (With the points you have this shouldn't even become a problem)
    - Players will always win on ties, if it goes to PVP then whoever has the higher base skill wins ties.
    - Your character should have a handful of perks and quirks (1 point advantages or disadvantages) These help give a character personality.
    - Any books besides GURPS Lite, or GURPS Basic Set should be checked with me personally. There is a lot of neat stuff.
    - No cosmic powers.

Oh! And, if we're doing kick in the door, lets make it low fantasy TL 5. A wizard would know 8 spells max, probably all from the same college, and nobody has any magical equipment.

want to chat about this in skype on in the game?

jay_rab said

want to chat about this in skype on in the game?

If we jump into IRC or Steam, I can join. I don't have steady internet here (at work).

IRC is fine with me:
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/ channel is TTS_RP

Mark me down as interested. I've run a few D&D games already, with decent success. Alas, I seem to be suffering from the "Always the DM, never the player" curse, and this would be a great opportunity for me to get the chance to be on the other side of the DM screen.

I'd be up for a dungeon crawler or a cyber corps-style game, as I'm familiar with both styles, but anything goes really. Gotta admit though, I've never tried GURPS before. Anything in particular I should be aware of with the system?

Big things to be aware of that you roll 3d6 for all actions, 3d6 to see how NPCs react to you, and 1 or more d6 to roll for damage. 10 is average score, 15 is talented professional, 20 is best of the best of the heroic best. A few posts up are the free GURPS Lite rules you can get a taste with. You roll your attribute/skill or lower and you succeed, how much lower will say how well you did.

Right now it's going to be dungeon crawler, with some potential to go to the nearby inn and plan for the next dungeon afterwards. How are Wednesday nights for people?

comfortable grey said

Big things to be aware of that you roll 3d6 for all actions, 3d6 to see how NPCs react to you, and 1 or more d6 to roll for damage. 10 is average score, 15 is talented professional, 20 is best of the best of the heroic best. A few posts up are the free GURPS Lite rules you can get a taste with. You roll your attribute/skill or lower and you succeed, how much lower will say how well you did.

Right now it's going to be dungeon crawler, with some potential to go to the nearby inn and plan for the next dungeon afterwards. How are Wednesday nights for people?

Thanks, I'll give the rules a look.

As for Wednesday, I'm fairly certain I won't be able to make it. Usually, I mostly got Friday nights free and sometimes Mondays.

Monday Wednesday I go straight from classes (2-9) to work (10-3). Tuesday Thursday Friday I'm free from 6-10. Sat Sun I'm free noon to 10.
    My schedule is all kinds of suck so if I'm the weak link for timing I'll understand if I just don't fit.

There's some consensus for friday, I can make that or monday work if people give me some flexibility. I'll be sending PMs soon, what are people thinking of playing? Wall of text imminent.

haha I called it, friday is the only day that I am not free, looks like friday though might be good for two others ^_^

Not really into playing these kinds of games, but would love to see a play-through video if you guys were able to do recording while playing and post to Youtube?

Sorry Fridays don't work for you jay_rab, but we still have time to see what day and time are best. I have some open broadcast software, assuming it doesn't increase lag too much I could definitely upload it!

Character Creation Rules!!!
    150 Points, no more than 50 points of disadvantages, try to fit a couple perks and quirks in.
    Technology Level is 3, meaning Medieval, but you can go up to TL 5 (Industrial) if you purchase it and want a "weird science" kind of adventurer.
    There is no cap on increasing or decreasing attributes, but they may affect skill/spell caps. Derived attributes (like initiative, hit points, willpower...) cannot be adjusted without an appropriate advantage!
    Only one single skill/spell may exceed 15, this is including through talents.
    You may have no more than 5 levels of talents, and no talent may have over 3 levels.
    Rules that are in play:
    Rule of 15- Any spells/powers at a skill of 15 cost 1 fewer FP to cost and maintain down to a possible zero.
    Rule of 20: Spells/powers cost 1 fewer again, and take 1/2 as long to use.

Scenario: The Temple of Fliasel
    The adventurers have previously met at the town nearest the temple, and were with a larger raiding party but many were lost on the journey. In the night Fliasel attacked the camp at the base of his temple, leaving only the adventurers alive, but Fliasel was injured in the assault. Courageously, the heroes may have a chance to enact vengeance on the monster who killed their allies!

comfortable grey said

Sorry Fridays don't work for you jay_rab, but we still have time to see what day and time are best. I have some open broadcast software, assuming it doesn't increase lag too much I could definitely upload it!

I actually have done a couple of videos with others hosting and it didnt seem to effect me or the group, not sure about if the server is being hosted by the steamer if the cut in resources would effect it but if I am able to join you guys I also wouldnt mind recording it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast