Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta v0.9 update! Feedback Bug Reports

Beta v0.9 update! Feedback Bug Reports

Features:
    • Steam integration, you can log in without a password - just need to choose a username. You can merge your current account to the steam version, so they can have the same name
    • Saving, Loading, and rewinding now works with custom content (you can share your entire mod and layout by distributing your save).
    • Due to save system updates, old saves are no longer compatible and saves are now in a "Saves" folder inside "Tabletop Simulator".
    • 4 more RPG figurines have been added (Werewolf, Giant Rat, Tree Ent, and Wolf)
    • 2 of our custom Kickstarter figurines have been added (CardBot and Sir Loin)
    • Ram usage reduced by about ~50%, also greatly reduced ram usage on custom content
    • Login security has been improved with session ids
    • You can now pan the camera with Alt+WASD or the Arrow Keys (you might need to unbind arrow keys under horizontal & vertical)
    • New loading screen pictures

Changes/Bug Fixes:
    • 4 Deck ram limitation on custom decks no longer exists
    • Syncing custom content for late joining players is now working
    • Table Flip now flips from the location of the player's hand
    • RPG Figurines are better synced across the network
    • Game Logo has been updated
    • Fixed hand rotation bug for certain tables and hand colors
    • Loading stability has been improved and should be less prone to crashes
    • Added short splash screen on startup
    • Decks now have a max height and weight to help with very large decks
    • Mac - black screen on startup is fixed and now shows the load screens
    • Lowering figurines hovers them right at ground level instead of jamming them into the table
    • Custom card back pictures are no longer mirrored
    • Slightly improved card layer stacking, saving, and loading
    • Added a question mark when a card is hidden; you can customize this for your custom deck with slot 70 on the template
    • Solitaire is working again
    • Cards are spawning properly again when rewinding
    • Host and game server migrated over to its own SSD.

Looks like a great update, cant wait to get in and mess with it. Thank you! ^_^

This build runs very well on my laptop, best build so far! Congrats on getting on steam early access!

Can't get the steam version to download anything yet for mac... the windows version looks fine. Are we perhaps just waiting for the content to make it out to valve's servers?

Pants said

Can't get the steam version to download anything yet for mac... the windows version looks fine. Are we perhaps just waiting for the content to make it out to valve's servers?

Are you getting any kind of message? Or is it just not downloading?

Pants said

I'm on a Mac too. Failed to start game. Missing executable.

First try to verify the integrity of the game.

You can do this by right clicking on the game -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache

If that still doesn't work in the same local files section tell me the Disk Usage, then click browse local files -> tabletop simulator.app try to run that.

It's working alright on my macbook pro, wonder why it isn't working for you guys.

I am having a lot of problems with custom boards and cards with PNG files. JPG seems to be perfectly fine, though. I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance.

EDIT: Pictures are in a couple of posts down.

Pants said

+1 to the Mac version not downloading.

This should be working now was an issue on steam side, restart your steam if it hasn't started dling.

Sorry about that!

Mac version works great on steam now!

The game just keeps getting better and better.

When I spawn the Giant Rat from the spawn menu, it spawns a Vampire. also this is a bit of a suggestion, but for the "1" animation for some of the models, like the golem, could that not be a loop. it's a bit weird seeing it "growl" over and over again.

Also, I doubt it's a bug, but the Golem doesn't really have a death animation.

I'm without internet for 2 days and when I come back I've got a Steam key and new update! Thanks a ton guys!

Alright, here are some images I have captured on PNG vs JPG files.

Here is a monopoly board as a JPG file

Same file, as a PNG

Here are some custom cards. The yellow one on the left is in PNG format. The one on the right is the exact same file in JPG format, and is the correct color.

In both cases, the files started as PNG, and I converted them to JPG to test if it would fix the problem, and it did.
    Interestingly with the cards, only the back messed up the color. The fronts were fine with PNG files.

After sorting that out though, had a pretty awesome game of monopoly

I noticed a much longer wait time to get into a server, generally getting into one of the players servers would take about 3-6 seconds it is now taking 15-30 or more to connect for the same player, also steam had an issues were it got disconnected but my internet was still up, this kicked me from the server and I couldnt get back to the server list till I closed out the game as it would just push a please wait screen up I ended coming back to it after watching a short 23min episode of something and it was still there so I canceled and closed the game.

Hey Jay, that sounds like an internet issue on your end - steam cannot disconnect you from a game once you made it past the login menu (they aren't connected for hosting, only for initial login). The past couple months of steam instability has made me wary of coupling the game to closely to steam services. For right now it will be consist of making logging in seamless and down the road workshop integration.

edit: Also I'm using a DXT1 compression on custom textures which is necessary for realistic ram usage - Unity doesn't seem to play well with PNG using this compression. For right now as you found I'd suggest using JPG.

Ah that compression method explains why 1x1 white pixel custom card backs showed up as black

4x4 pixels will solve that problem

Game works fine, but im still missing those 4 Dice's in the spawn menu.

I was a kickstarter person and got my beta key very early but still haven't received a steam key, did I get skipped over?

Sorry about that Amantis what's your email?

Repeating the issue brought up by FlukiestEmperor, though it doesn't seem to affect all of the images in my case.

In game:

source images (all .png)

Card back:

Card face:
    not showing up as an img tag so link: http://puu.sh/7TBqg.png

Board:

@Twilightdusk
    I'm wondering if it has something to do with the alpha channel, but I haven't tested it.

FlukiestEmperor said

@Twilightdusk
    I'm wondering if it has something to do with the alpha channel, but I haven't tested it.

Well in my case, all of these images were scanned in from the actual cards I own. I arranged the board and the face images in the same program, maybe something about the face card template kept that one from getting messed up.

Anyone else have problems loading a save with many custom decks?

ISiefer said

Anyone else have problems loading a save with many custom decks?

What is the problem you're having? The game has to re-download all the decks every time you reload the save, which could take awhile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast