Thread: [v8.0] Wish: backside of figures (own file or just grey version of front)

[v8.0] Wish: backside of figures (own file or just grey version of front)

backsides of figurines were integrated into another engine (http://www.3dvirtualtabletop.com/index.html) by just taking the picture and putting a grey version of it on the backside. This seems kind of "cheap" but is a very good start so people can play Battletech etc. where knowing the direction your figurine is facing is very important for the gameplay.

Could this be integrated soon or is there even a plan to do "real" backsides of figurines?

Is this on the to-do list now after the last patch?

[CUSTOM FIGURINES] Make a significant mark on the base so we can track Front/Back.

Please put a symbol, arrow, or break in the pattern on the Custom Figurine base.

This way we can track what's the Front/Back of the Figure without getting confused for games like DnD and others where Front/Back directions matter. Would really help out seeing as my DnD group uses Figurines for their player markers.

Thanks again, I love TTS it blew me away!

Heck even as a next-level thing give us the option to have a 2nd different image for the back of the figurine?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralJ View Post
    Heck even as a next-level thing give us the option to have a 2nd different image for the back of the figurine?
    We are begging for this for months now ... but I don't mean this in a rude way ... you guys add tons of cool stuff so fast ... just wanted to say that this is one of the important to-comes.

The option for a front-face marker would be a fine thing, but I too would really appreciate custom figures with different front-back artwork.
    Just adding my "+1" here, please carry on with your fine work.
    Fighting for survival in a war with the darkest powers.

Backside picture on the paper figurine

Hi! I'm currently trying to put together a historical setting wargame. I was overjoyed when I noticed that you could have transparent background using PNG pics, the soldiers look really good!
    But
    I've found no means through which you can put a different picture on the other side of the figurine, which means:
    1: My soldiers will always look like they are facing me regardless of which side I look at them from.
    2: Even worse, for horses and artillery that I want to use a profile (from the side) template for, they will always face forwards from one side while always facing backwards from the other.
    Maybe (hopefully) this is being worked on. If not, I would love for it to be implemented!

It would be a nice addition, So a +1 from me.Its the very reason I ended up making by own standups from scratch till this one gets knocked off of the to-do list have you thought of going down that route and maybe creating your own ? whilst a little more work it does give you the ability to tailor the base a lot more to whatever game your working on.

Unless I see the feature soon I might actually try doing my own. I have only minor experience when it comes to 3d programmes though, so I'm afraid of how much extra time it would take.

I have made several versions or every line unit from 5 soldiers down to one (meaning that you for eg. switch the unit from a 5-version to a 4-version when one dies)

Do you have any of your own standups (or know of others that have) uploaded to the workshop or elsewhere? And might I be allowed to tinker and practice with them?

Edit:
    So I actually found some other models on the workshop that I could use. I spent the day messing around in wings 3D and photoshop and I'm actually starting to get some good pieces

Thank you Lucky seven for the suggestion! now I can continue working on the game even if it's a litte trickier
    Last edited by Willowbranch; 09-04-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Good to hear your getting somewhere willowbranch

Currently my stuff is still sitting in the Hidden side of the workshop whilst I finish knocking it into shape and probably was going to be a little too game specific for your needs anyway.

I'm pretty experienced with Blender. Photoshop and Gimp So if you should need a little advice on anything you get stuck with I'd be glad to lend a hand. The more games that make it to the Workshop the better it will be for all of us I reckon.
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 09-05-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Wow, those pieces look absolutely amazing, very crisp textures as well. I'm looking forward to it's release!

I'd love to see this as well! Do you think you'll post this month? Was looking for something where a label could be placed.

I'm aiming for the end of this month, just finishing off some of the accessories...Card mats, Table skin...that sort of stuff.

Whilst its not that clear in these images the character names are actually 3D. I used SVG files and converted them to a solid mesh in blender then added each name to the blank Standup template in turn. A little labour and file intensive but they really help make the standups pop.

Aaah, that's what you needed those doors for. Good to know

Very nice detail! I hope they will bring the back of paper models soon so I can play Battletech with friends without having to use a 3d model for everything.

You can now do double-sided custom figurines as of update v8.0, thanks!