Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

TTS Mod Backup tool

Hi,

I created a tool that allows to download all files of a mod (like TTS would download files if you load the mod). It also allows to backup and restore mods with all files. This should help if images/models get taken down by webhosters. Also you can clean up the locally cached files so any files that are not part of your installed mods/saves/chest items will be deleted.
    Since 1.7 it also includes a JSON editor to help for example with translation of mods.
    Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/UlWB6
    Download: http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/263
    Feedback, bug reports and suggestions would be welcome!

Froghut
    Last edited by Froghut; 10-30-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Downloaded...Will try it out this evening, many thanks for the all the effort involved.

No time to try it out now, but sounds very nice!

What's the standard mod save location?

How can the .ttsmod file be handled? normally a mod is a lot of files, but the backup is only one file. How can I "insert" it on my friend's pc?

There are two possible locations (that can be switched between in TTS):
    C:\Users\Username\Documents\my games\Tabletop Simulator\Mods\
    C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator\Tabletop Simulator_Data\Mods

Regarding the .ttsmod file, you can use the app to restore or just rename it to .zip and extract it to the Mod Save Location - the zip file contains a Mods folder so you have to extract it into the "C:\Users\Username\Documents\my games\Tabletop Simulator" folder. I'm not sure I explained that right, I hope you understand what I mean.

I just uploaded Version 1.5.
    It will now try to auto detect the mod save location and you can create self extracting .exe files from backups. When you start those .exe files you will need to specify the mod save location (if the autodetect does not work) and then they will restore the contained backup automatically without the main TTS Mod Backup tool.
    Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/L20IDha.png

I just uploaded 1.5.2, this is a bugfix release. It should now really get all assets for mods and the save file folder is now independently detected from the mod location.

I've got to say this is all very impressive.

I honestly wouldn't have a clue as where to start making something like this.

Thanks Again Froghut.

Just released V 1.5.3, this version will now also download assets that are contained in bags (oops).

Very nice!

Thanks a lot...

This tool is awesome!

A couple notes:
    * The x/y number on the tabs mean something like total/non-downloaded (e.g. Mods 27/22 means that I have 27 total mods and 22 of them have incomplete downloads) correct? But the x/y numbers after each mod or save mean downloaded/non-downloaded I think. It might make sense to make these consistent, and put tooltips for explanations.
    * The Download and Download All buttons might make more sense below the mod list. They're for downloading all the files for a particular mod and all the files for all the mods respectively, correct?
    * It would be cool if the currently downloading mod highlighted yellow, or displayed in the status bar or something, with a "5/142 files left" message. Just for info.

Awesome tool, though. Thanks much for all the work!

- The x/y numbers show what you said, I'm not sure how to make it more consistent since they show different things, but I also don't have any idea how to show these things differently. I will add tooltips at least.
    - the download buttons work for mods and save games, that's why I moved it out of the mod area.
    - the highlighting of the mod that is downloading sounds cool, I'll add that. The tool already has a progress bar in the latest version that shows the progress of the current operation, or do you mean that it's not "precise" enough?
    And thanks for your praise!

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    - the download buttons work for mods and save games, that's why I moved it out of the mod area.
    Ah, ok that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    - the highlighting of the mod that is downloading sounds cool, I'll add that. The tool already has a progress bar in the latest version that shows the progress of the current operation, or do you mean that it's not "precise" enough?
    No, it's great; I was just spit-balling about possible improvements. Really the tool does pretty much everything I could want it to: painlessly and easily. I'm not sure if it's worth including a note that the game won't store workshop subscriptions in the json file until you start it up, so you can't just subscribe then run your tool. You have to subscribe, run TTS, wait for the "x mods loaded" message, then run your tool. Not that complicated, but it might confuse some users. Thanks again!

Hm you're right, I will add a help screen or something that explains that.

Might be a cheeky request this one.. but is it possible to add a check for updates button to this and the card editor. You keep improving these tools so fast I'm finding myself using versions that are a couple of iterations behind the latest release*

*Talk about first world problems ehh..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Might be a cheeky request this one.. but is it possible to add a check for updates button to this and the card editor. You keep improving these tools so fast I'm finding myself using versions that are a couple of iterations behind the latest release*
    Cheeky response
    ttsmodbackup.jpg

Bah.. I'm still on version 1.5.. do you see what I mean about the speed of his updates.

updating now

Uploaded 1.6.0, contains mainly bugfixes and usability improvements like tooltips. Also the mod update thing now tries to find updates for all installed mods, even ones that you are not subscribed to in the workshop, as long as a workshop id is in the mod filename.
    Last edited by Froghut; 10-25-2015 at 09:36 AM.

New idea:
    Posibility edit mod or save file (json editor), only few elements so we can traslate the mod game to another idiom more easily. Example: Rename mod name, rename elements (bags, decks, etc...), replace file links (example: change board image file with a link to another image in other language, same with decks change image link with another with cards in other langauge).
    Not necesary change the locations or sizes of the objects.

So we can translate the mods without having to create a new mod....more people can try this mod

Amazing work Froghut please continue....

That sounds like a cool idea! I'll look into it =)

I uploaded 1.7 - it now includes a JSON editor, thanks darletheman for the suggestion! Let me know if you find bugs or have other suggestion on how to make it more usable

I clicked "download all" instead of "create self-extracting backup". What happens now? Does it fill one of my HD's folders with trash files? I just want something extractable for a friend in China .... what happens if you "download all"?

It downloads all the assets of all installed mods (i.e. images, models) where TTS would download it to if you would play the mod.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast