Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 251 to 269 of 269

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

  1. #251
    I have a strange error with this app, but only one 2 of my systems (both win10)

    Basically it looks like the fonts are to large or something....
    See the buttons can not be seen correctly...
    Also sometimes the list is all screwed up...


    But then clicking on the mod sorta fixes it...
    Also if you look on the left you can see the other list error, often the bottom of the list is just blank
    But clicking on the blank area sorta pops the list back still
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

  2. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    ...
    I would guess it's a DPI/scaling issue. As a workaround, does it help if you open the compatibility settings for the application and enable "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"?

  3. #253
    Imgur has started putting interstitial pages on direct links. It doesn't always happen, but it sometimes does; I've seen it. Chances may be better with no referrer... or perhaps with one. This program may require changes to accommodate that.
    Last edited by Corrodias; 06-27-2017 at 12:44 AM.

  4. #254
    I also have that problem, and its definitely a UI scaling issue. I run at 4k, so I have my Windows 10 UI set to 125% and thats what is causing it. I hope the new version of TTS Mod tool can adapt to this and display correctly.

    Also after you use this tool to create and backup your mod. Does it still have to require the internet to download all the assets? I thought the purpose of this mod was to download all the required assets locally to your machine so that it wouldn't be dependent on he internet to load up a mod. There are some mods I want to keep to save in its entirety on my machine for backup. Just incase one day those assets are gone for whatever reasons, I'll still have the complete mod saved up so that I can play whenever I want.

  5. #255
    The program is capable of both downloading assets you don't have into the cache and of making backups of mods that include all the cached files referenced by them, so you can restore a mod and not need a connection in order to load the assets. They are separate functions: download and backup.

  6. #256
    hi froghut,

    thanks for this amazing tool! i had some questions and i was hoping i could get some answers. was looking for a doc file so that i wouldn't have to post and have someone say RTFM but there doesn't seem to be a doc file and this thread is pretty gigantic and hard to search through... i tried!

    0. BUG - delete mod seems to crash the app... it freezes and the only way for me to exit is to kill the process.
    1. what is the difference between BACKUP and DOWNLOAD? i want to save all the web files locally... so which should i choose? both? do i need to do one before the other? does that waste space?
    2. what does CLEAN UP do exactly?
    3. what does DO IT ALL do exactly?
    4. after i do what is necessary to save all web files locally, when i load those mods again in TTS, will it load all the assets locally or is it still trying to access the web assets?
    5. it would be nice to have a manual or a readme file... : )
    6. what do the colors mean in the lists? there seems to be ORANGE, WHITE and GREEN... what does that mean?
    7. BUG - it seems that the hover over text about what is missing is not correct unless you restart... after doing a clean up (again, i don't know exactly what this does but i tried it anyway), i hovered over a bunch of mods and there were many listed that said i had missing files... but after i restarted, all the missing files were listed as "0".

    thanks again for the tool. for some reason, TTS is designed to obfuscate a great deal and prevent us from knowing exactly what is happening and or where stuff is put or how to make files local. your tool really helps remedy that situation. thanks!

    jin

  7. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by jinchoung View Post
    hi froghut,
    0. BUG - delete mod seems to crash the app... it freezes and the only way for me to exit is to kill the process.
    1. what is the difference between BACKUP and DOWNLOAD? i want to save all the web files locally... so which should i choose? both? do i need to do one before the other? does that waste space?
    2. what does CLEAN UP do exactly?
    3. what does DO IT ALL do exactly?
    4. after i do what is necessary to save all web files locally, when i load those mods again in TTS, will it load all the assets locally or is it still trying to access the web assets?
    5. it would be nice to have a manual or a readme file... : )
    6. what do the colors mean in the lists? there seems to be ORANGE, WHITE and GREEN... what does that mean?
    7. BUG - it seems that the hover over text about what is missing is not correct unless you restart... after doing a clean up (again, i don't know exactly what this does but i tried it anyway), i hovered over a bunch of mods and there were many listed that said i had missing files... but after i restarted, all the missing files were listed as "0".
    Best guess answers:
    0. I have this same bug I believe
    1. Backup actually creates a .ttsmod 'single file' archive (just a fancy .zip file) that contains the .json and all images. Can't be used directly in TTS, but allows you to easily... uh.. backup the mod. Download simply brings all web resources to your local filesystem, but in the same manner that using TTS would. It just does it all at once, rather than happening the first time you access the image in-game.
    2. I believe this wipes out all local resource files for mods you no longer have in your list.
    3. Performs the download operation for all mods in your list, not just the currently selected mod
    4. Pretty sure it should be using all local files at this point. It should only be jumping to the web if it references a resource not already local.
    5. Documentation is boring to write
    6. Orange means there are resources referenced that you haven't yet downloaded. Green means you (just recently) completed a download of all resources successfully. White means you previously downloaded all the resources (or, sometimes, that you haven't done a refresh recently to check if you are up to date).
    7. Haven't seen this one. Usually the 'Refresh' button is enough to get file counts to sync up correctly after doing a download.

  8. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrodias View Post
    Feature idea: a workshop checker, to indicate (highlight, icon, text color, or something else) those mods which no longer exist on the workshop?
    That is a great idea, I'll add that!

    Quote Originally Posted by membran View Post
    I've noticed that some Model/Mesh files on some of the hosting website can't be downloaded with TTS Backup, although the text data can be accessed when you open the remote location in your browser. I'm not at my main PC at the moment, so I'll have to check back later which hosting websites are affected specifically.
    The other thing I've noticed that some images appear to be corrupted (either really corrupted or deleted from the hosting website, but registering as being "downloaded" anyway). Those files have a zero kilobyte size on my hard drive and are being marked as green / downloaded in TTS Backup, but when starting the affected mod in Tabletop Simulator, it'll show a missing / corrupted file error for those images. It would be helpful if there was a check against 0KB cached images, so that they don't register as properly downloaded / green, when they haven't done so in reality. Again, I'll have to check for specific examples later.
    If you could provide an example to those model/mesh files that would be great!
    the 0-byte check makes a lot of sense, also perhaps checking if it is a valid image, I'll look into that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrodias View Post
    Imgur has started putting interstitial pages on direct links. It doesn't always happen, but it sometimes does; I've seen it. Chances may be better with no referrer... or perhaps with one. This program may require changes to accommodate that.
    Do you know what happens when interstitial pages get displayed when the tool tries to download an imgur link? I did not yet encounter any problems, but that might just have been luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by jinchoung View Post
    0. BUG - delete mod seems to crash the app... it freezes and the only way for me to exit is to kill the process.
    1. what is the difference between BACKUP and DOWNLOAD? i want to save all the web files locally... so which should i choose? both? do i need to do one before the other? does that waste space?
    2. what does CLEAN UP do exactly?
    3. what does DO IT ALL do exactly?
    4. after i do what is necessary to save all web files locally, when i load those mods again in TTS, will it load all the assets locally or is it still trying to access the web assets?
    5. it would be nice to have a manual or a readme file... : )
    6. what do the colors mean in the lists? there seems to be ORANGE, WHITE and GREEN... what does that mean?
    7. BUG - it seems that the hover over text about what is missing is not correct unless you restart... after doing a clean up (again, i don't know exactly what this does but i tried it anyway), i hovered over a bunch of mods and there were many listed that said i had missing files... but after i restarted, all the missing files were listed as "0".
    daagar has already provided answers for most of these points, thanks for that! As for 0. and 7. (as a programmer I like the zero based list btw ) those are bugs and I'll have a look at those.

  9. #259
    thank you very very much daagar -

    your clarification of point #1 was huuuuuuuuuuge... ok... so basically, backup creates a package that is NOT directly used by TTS but allows me to "RESTORE" from this package which will repopulate the proper directories that TTS uses... that really clarifies things tremendously. gah... i really like TTS but some of the ways it does things seem really strange to me.

    one followup question for point #3 - how does "do it all" differ from "download all" then?

    thanks again daagar and thanks again froghut for such an amazing and necessary app!

    jin

  10. #260
    the Do it all button will try to download all files for all mods, and then start a "backup all" with overwrite settings defined under Tools->Options. Since this is what I normally do (download all, then backup all) I thought it would be nice to be able to do that with just one click

  11. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    the Do it all button will try to download all files for all mods, and then start a "backup all" with overwrite settings defined under Tools->Options. Since this is what I normally do (download all, then backup all) I thought it would be nice to be able to do that with just one click
    Interesting! I guess I've never actually played with that feature, but that sounds wildly useful as the reason I don't make use of 'backup' all that often is that I was afraid of mods updating and me not remembering to re-backup. Huzzah!

  12. #262
    is there any news on a coming update for the program ? just wondering since it been a few months since the last update and as stated in some other post the delete option is broken it freezes the program and extensive backup make the program freeze I been having to do it in small batches recently.

  13. #263
    I just uploaded 1.9.4, which will detect invalid / 0 sized images when doing a deep cleanup or downloading new files. Also it should fix the hang on Delete.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acmeth View Post
    is there any news on a coming update for the program ? just wondering since it been a few months since the last update and as stated in some other post the delete option is broken it freezes the program and extensive backup make the program freeze I been having to do it in small batches recently.
    I tried it with my 455 installed mods and it does not hang. Could you tell me for what mod the backup hangs for you?

  14. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    Do you know what happens when interstitial pages get displayed when the tool tries to download an imgur link? I did not yet encounter any problems, but that might just have been luck.
    I'm not sure whether it was simply a brief test on their part, but the interstitial pages haven't shown up for a while, so I guess there's nothing for me to point you at. Hopefully, they'll leave it that way.

  15. #265
    Files using the file protocol (file://) aren't supported.

    While creating a mod, I'm using local files for images and meshes. I wanted to make a backup of my latest mod, but TTS Mod Backup (1.9.5) doesn't load the files.

  16. #266
    I've recently upgraded from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 one, and I'm experiencing the same distortions to the display of the app that Tragic outlined in post #251 of 8th June 2017. I've tried one or two dpi scaling changes but nothing seems to correct the display without causing the text to shrink to an unreadable size.

    Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

    Regards,

    Alan

  17. #267
    OK, I found a solution which works for me. I went into properties and selected the Compatibility tab. I then ticked the check box to override high DPI scaling. Underneath the check box there is a dropdown menu and I changed this from App to System and it seemed to make all the difference.

    However I have another problem which is still ongoing. I can't get the app to backup mods to my network drive. As soon as I select a folder on the drive the OK button is greyed out. I can save to my internal drive without any issue. I have mapped the network drive and added the app to the allowed apps in the Firewall but it's not made any difference.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Regards,

    Alan

  18. #268
    Sorry to answer my own query yet again, but I've discovered that if you map a network drive, it is often only visible to apps running in standard mode. As I have to run TTS Mod Backup as an administrator it won't automatically see the network drive. In order to make network drives visible in both modes you need to make a change to the Registry. The details and reasoning behind the change are on the following page:

    http://www.winability.com/how-to-mak...etwork-drives/

    I made the change as specified and my network drive and folders are now visible and accessible from within the app.

    Hopefully someone else might find this useful.

    Regards,

    Alan

  19. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Banbury View Post
    Files using the file protocol (file://) aren't supported.

    While creating a mod, I'm using local files for images and meshes. I wanted to make a backup of my latest mod, but TTS Mod Backup (1.9.5) doesn't load the files.
    As I understand it when using local files TTS does not cache the files but instead loads them from wherever they are locally located. When the tool creates backups it assumes all files go into their respective folders in the cache location of TTS, that way the tool also automatically knows where to restore the files. That would not work for local files since they could be "all over the place" and it would also remember where each file was stored locally to be able to restore to those exact locations.
    If there is demand for being able to backup local files I could add support for that.

    @Mr Crumbly, those are the problems I like the best, the ones where I don't have to do anything! I'm glad you found solutions and they will probably even be useful to others, so thanks for finding them!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •