Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

Froghut, thanks for the pastebin.com support. It turns out Tabletop Simulator supports paste.ee links too. Here's one such mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=570677493

Tool can't download it but TTS can.

Will add it to the next version, thanks for the example mod link!

Uploaded 1.8.10 which includes the paste.ee fix and the changelog can now be viewed in the tool under Help->Changelog.

Thank you for this great tool!

Froghut - I've recently noticed a small issue with the Tool. When I use it to get a Backup file, then open up the file and look through the assets, I find that it doesn't retrieve the "Bottom Image" of Custom Tiles. Or at least, not the Circle Custom Tiles I've been working with in the last couple of days. It gets the "Top Image" just fine, though - but the Bottom is missing.

Hmm, it could possibly be related to the older bug where the other side of tokens wouldn't download at all through the tool.

I will check that bug out, sorry for that!
    Edit: Fixed the bug and uploaded 1.8.11
    Last edited by Froghut; 02-16-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Froghut, I'm naming a child after you. This tool is so great. You've saved me literally an infinite amount of time. My only contribution I can make is point out something that isn't working. For some reason the tool has a problem pulling up this image. Something about the size or formatting of the link must be messing the tool up. Anyway keep up the great work!

http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...nd-color=black

"Error downloading: An exception occurred during a WebClient request"

Not sure if this is the right place for a feature request or not; if not, let me know and I'll re-post it. So, first off, thanks a lot for making this tool; my friends and I have really benefited from it. There are a couple of features that would make things even better, and they seem relatively easy to implement (famous last words, right?). Anyway, if the mood strikes you, here's what I'd like to see:

1) "Copy cache filename": This is where you right-click on a URL in the "Contained Urls" pane, and in addition to the other options ("Open Local", "Open Remote", etc.) there's a "Copy Cache Filename" that places the "processed" name of the file that TTS will use in its cache. For instance, if the URL is "http://i.imgur.com/12345.jpg" then invoking this option will place the string "httpiimgurcom12345jpg.jpg" in the clipboard. I've run into some situations where TTSMB wasn't able to download a file for some reason, but I was able to download it manually and place it in the cache directory; having this feature would simplify the process of getting the cache filename correct.

2) "Save with different Name if Newer" batch-backup option: When you back up a mod, if there's an existing backup you'll get the "Overwrite?" dialog with the options "Replace Existing", "Replace if Newer", and "Save with different Name". What I would like is the ability to create a new backup with a new name, but only if there are updated files in the backup. The purpose of this feature is so that you don't lose assets you previously had if somebody does something funny to the mod, but at the same time you don't wind up with a ton of duplicate backup files (which is what you get if you just use "Save with different Name" all the time). Having a single "do all the things" button that would automatically invoke a backup on all your mods and saves (except the autosave slot, I guess :P) pointing to the default backup directory with "safe with different name if newer" would be a super-convenient extension of this.

Anyway, not to belabor the point, but...this app is already awesome with or without these additions. Thanks again!

@Trucidar:
    Thanks for the offer, but I think you should talk with the future mother about that before making that decision :P
    As to the problem with the image, it seems the resulting filename of that long url would be too long for windows to handle - it looks like TTS also is not able to save it into the cache. Right now there is no way around it, I think this might be something that could be addressed in a future update of TTS and if it is I will adjust it in my tool too.

@QS_Arno:
    If you came looking for a place to request features you came to the right place
    1) this is actually already in the tool, right click on a url and select "Copy local filename".
    2) "Save with different Name if Newer" makes a lot of sense, I'll add it to the next version. I'll also think about the "do all the things" button, I really like the idea of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    @QS_Arno:
    If you came looking for a place to request features you came to the right place
    Excellent!

1) this is actually already in the tool, right click on a url and select "Copy local filename".
    Oh...geez, I didn't even try it, I figured that would copy the actual OS pathname to the clipboard. That's what I get for skipping the TIAS step! I assume it also works for files that don't actually exist in the cache (can't test that at the moment, all my mods are complete :P).

2) "Save with different Name if Newer" makes a lot of sense, I'll add it to the next version. I'll also think about the "do all the things" button, I really like the idea of that.
    Cool; yeah, that'd be great! I can't decide if I think that "Download All" should be included in "all the things" or not. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but then I live in the land of unmetered bandwidth. Then again, also seems like a full backup makes a lot less sense if you haven't just updated everything.

I uploaded 1.8.12 with those two features is.

Anyway we can download this without having to sign up at Nexus? Rather not have to pay for yet another website registration.

Registration at Nexus is free, not sure where the myth that you have to pay comes from. But anyway you can download versions from my server, when new versions get released just adjust the version number: http://abomb.info/tts/dl.php?file=TT...kup_1.8.12.zip

I uploaded 1.8.12 with those two features is.
    Thank you!

Microsoft Security Essentials has detected a Trojan:Win32/FetharA!plock in TTS Mod Backup and quarantined it.

Whatever the problem is, I can no longer use the tool at all, as MSE forbids it.

Again, this is a false positive of MSE, check out the virustotal analysis of the current version with 0 detections. I'm not sure if I can do anything there :/

Is there a way I can rollback to the previous version, .11, that did not give me this problem?

Sure, here you go: http://abomb.info/tts/dl.php?file=TT...kup_1.8.11.zip - you can then also disable auto update checks so it does not annoy you on every start.

First, huge thanks Froghut for your great software for Tabletop Simulator!
    For ttsmod, I found a problem to record assets with this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=632215490
    Tssmod shows only 2 files in section "custom image" (1 page and 1 card), but the modules have 4 images for page and 4 for card. In the JSON (open with notepad ++), the links are in the section states. I think this is the reason for not detecting. Thank you again for solve this problem. Good continuation Froghut.

Oh, you are right, I forgot to add detection of links in states, doh! Uploaded 1.8.13 with a fix.

Love this tool, used it to back up a couple of mods but also to mod them myself locally to share my fixed/updated versions with friends. Keep up the great work!

On an unrelated note, would it be difficult to develop a tool that does the reverse of this one? Something that mass uploads all files used within a mod, plus edits the save file with the URLs? I'd love to upload some of what I've done to the workshop, but the idea of uploading every single file and copy pasting each URL 1 by 1 is way too tedious. Especially when I'm constantly updating things and changing stuff around.

so it would take the 'url's from the mod that are actually local files, upload them and replace the urls in the mod with the urls of the uploaded files?

so it would take the 'url's from the mod that are actually local files, upload them and replace the urls in the mod with the urls of the uploaded files?
    yep!

It would make mod creation a lot easier as you could create everything locally first, which would allow you to update files by simply replacing them at any time, instead of having to re-upload each time you update a file and replace the URL.

Quote Originally Posted by nyro View Post
    Love this tool, used it to back up a couple of mods but also to mod them myself locally to share my fixed/updated versions with friends. Keep up the great work!

On an unrelated note, would it be difficult to develop a tool that does the reverse of this one? Something that mass uploads all files used within a mod, plus edits the save file with the URLs? I'd love to upload some of what I've done to the workshop, but the idea of uploading every single file and copy pasting each URL 1 by 1 is way too tedious. Especially when I'm constantly updating things and changing stuff around.
    I've thought about making the same suggestion myself, but I wanted to wait until after the crucial bug fixes to Mod Backup to suggest it. You beat me to it!

Perhaps, if it's a 'green' asset being replaced (i.e. it's something you have on your harddrive) the newly uploaded asset you're replacing could be checked against it to make sure it matches, so mistakes are not made. Though you could turn this feature off.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast