Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

Something has changed on the backend that causes TTS Mod Backup to consume 100% of all four of my CPU cores the first time it is started after booting my computer while it is loading. During this time my computer is extremely laggy and unresponsive and won't even respond to Ctrl+Alt+Del until TTS Mod Backup is done loading, which can take a few minutes with the amount of mods I have.

Yeah, the refresh now works multi threaded and uses all cores instead of just one - that should make the refresh way more faster than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    Yeah, the refresh now works multi threaded and uses all cores instead of just one - that should make the refresh way more faster than before.
    Can you make it use all but one core? Because having my computer grind to a halt for a few minutes isn't exactly productive.

Hm, I did not realize it could be that bad... Yes, I'll add that
    Edit: 1.8.20 is up with an option to not use all cores (in the new options window)
    Last edited by Froghut; 05-22-2016 at 02:42 AM.

The program seems to hard lock when I use the Delete Mod function now, and I have to close it and reopen it to use it again.

Edit: Also, it doesn't actually delete the mod, either.

Hm I just tried and I can delete mods without problems. Does this happen for a specific mod?

Hmm... it seems to only happen when I'm trying to delete more than one mod at once.

@Adventurer I wonder if this is because of a hidden modal dialog box prompting to confirm the deletions, similar to what I posted earlier.

Yes, there should bea dialog popup asking if you're sure you want to delete the selected Mod(s), do you see that or does it hang after you confirmed that dialog?

Confirming I see the delete-hang behavior too. If I see the dialog box I know the delete will work.
    The hang occurs when I don't see any dialog after clicking "Delete Mod".

Hm, can you tell me when you see the dialog and when you don't? is it always there if you try to delete jsut one mod, and never if you try to delete two or more?
    Also could you perhaps give me the workshop ids or mod files of the mods you try to delete? When I try to delete any combination it always works so perhaps it has something to do with specific mod files

Hey Froghut. Love the mod, as usual. Still naming firstborn after you. I ran into another bunch of links that didn't seem to download even though the images were fine.

Example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psiioots2d.jpg

Is it the filename character limit issue I had previously?

I can confirm Trucidar's issue. Photobucket is a problem.
    Last edited by Adventurer; 06-28-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Is there a way to backup an already-downloaded module?

Would it be possible to add a "export to web" feature?

I.e, a feature where the URL to the imagefiles in the jsonfiles is rewritten with a predefined url?

I uploaded the new version 1.8.21, if there are still issues with photobucket links let me know. Also the "hack on delete mod" issue might be fixed, if not also let me know
    @krztoff: my tool uses the same save locations as TTS itself, so if you load a mod in tts and let it download all files in TTS all files will also show as downloaded in my tool. Not sure if this answers your question, if I misunderstood please let me know.
    @Scuttle: basically you have uploaded all files to a web host and now you want to change all links to that webhost? would the filenames stay the same? if so you might be able to just open the mod json with a text editor and just search&replace the path of the files.

Thanks for your work on this, it's a fantastic tool that has been extremely useful.
    Last edited by Jeff; 07-10-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Just as a heads up, this upgrade *MIGHT* reset your options. For me, I had to re-tick "don't use all CPU processors" and "append workshop ID to filename."

I discovered this because a "backup all" got "stuck" after backing up a mod, where the next mod was the same filename. This is because the "overwrite/rename/...etc" modal box doesn't appear in the foreground, so the app appears to have "frozen". It appears this fundamental issue isn't yet fix. Selecting "append workshop ID to filename" avoids the issue because it ensures all filenames are unique.

My "backup all" from the other week succeeded without issue, because I had previously selected the "append ID" option. So I can only assume this update reset all options.

Updates should not reset settings - settings are saved in a file called 'SettingsCat.png' which should be in the same folder as the .exe (and which is also a random image of a cat )
    I'll have a look at the backup all getting stuck thing, that should of course not happen.

Hi Froghut. Thanks for this awesome tool.

I have an issue where using Cleanup will sometimes work, but more often will freeze the app. I'm not sure what causes the freeze. When it happens, I have to use Task Mgr to end-task to close it, as once it happens, nothing in the UI will work, including the standard Windows UI controls. If Cleanup is going to work, it will immediately pop-up the small window asking to proceed, but if it isn't it will immediately lock the UI at that same point.

So I just uploaded 1.8.22 with another photobucket link fix.

@Jeff: I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your "chest" files, but I have not yet figured out what the problem is exactly. I'll try to find a fix as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    @Jeff: I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your "chest" files, but I have not yet figured out what the problem is exactly. I'll try to find a fix as soon as possible.
    Sure enough, I completely emptied my 'saved items' from my chest, and Cleanup immediately worked. Hope this helps. Thanks again for your great work.

Heya.
    Since i actually had to register just to post here, i'll make it short & sweet.
    While i absolutely love what you're doing, there might be a problem with your latest Update.
    It triggers a few Anti-Virus programs. My Avast didn't like it one bit and with Virustotal it triggered 13/54. Most generic, but still.

Anyway, keep up the good work, sorry for the trouble, but i thought you should know. and also thank you for your splendid work.

edit, because maybe it works (but i cant promise)
    https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/c...is/1469998272/
    that... might link to the results.

Yeah this triggered Windows Defender and was classed as a "trojan". I don't know what you did to make that happen...
    Last edited by Mark; 08-18-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added image.

I recently started seeing some cards that instead of displaying the proper back display the whole "deck image" for the backs.

It happens with the landmarks (the cards that start in the hand) in this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ext=machi+koro for example.

Could someone check whether if normally downloaded from workshop those backs work? That would mean the problem is with the downloader, like that one time.

EDIT: I mean it could be the same cause as the reverse side token bug. It was old dlls, I believe, or something like that. There were quite a few TTS updates since last backup tool update.

EDIT2: Perhaps you could simply release a new update that just includes the newest .dlls from TTS? Even if it doesn't fix the above problem, there might be some bugs we aren't even aware of.
    Last edited by MIC132; 08-24-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast