Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

Here is a problem I am having I am using the Backup feature and not using the Add Workshop ID option to the file name, and there are a few mods on the Workshop with the Same Name.

What the program wants to do is overwrite the second one unless I tell it to save with different name, this is fine if I am only doing a backup of a few files but when you are doing say a few hundred this can get annoying.

Is there a way you could add a feature where it would say Add the Workshop ID for the second one with the Same Name so you wouldn't have to do it manually?

I tried to open and its asking for location of

Tabletop Simulator.exe ?

When I search this on my PC, I can see the file heirarchy, but when I try to navigate to that, there is no AppData folder to go through to get to the rest.

When I select the TTS deckstop shortcut I get 'catastrophic failure' error

A little help please

[drive]:\[steam install dir]\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator\
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    there are a few mods on the Workshop with the Same Name
    This is a good reason to remove the option and always to add the workshop ID to the name, IMO.

@Corrodias Yeah that would work too, I had used that when I first started using TTS Mod Backup but some how it got unchecked and I had a Bunch of double backups. So I left it unchecked and had to manually delete all the doubles.

I like your Idea of removing the one Option and just making it where it always adds the Workshop ID to the name.

thanks @tragic that worked

When I try to download a Workshop Mod, I get this error:

Error downloading Workshop Mod: La ruta de acceso no tiene un formato vlido.

Dear Froghut,

I hope you're well. My english got a bit rusty, so please excuse strange sentences. Once more I have a bug report for you (using TTS Mod Backup 1.9.7):
    1) TTS Mod Backup seems to have a problem with images located at the domain "postimg.org". It doesn't seem to be able to load them down.
    2) This may be no bug at all, but more of design choice on your side: In all those years my library grown quiet large. I'm currently at 9207 mods. TTS Mod Backup started to get a bit slow since I crossed the point of 7000 mods. After some tests and checking TaskManager, it seems that TTS Mod Backup loads all json-files (in my case: nearly 7 GB) into RAM, causing a memory footprint of around 12 GB. Maybe it would be possible to load them on demand.

Once again: Thank you for this great tool.
    I hope, you had a good start into the new year!

Sincerely

Cornelome

Quote Originally Posted by cornelome View Post
    2) This may be no bug at all, but more of design choice on your side: In all those years my library grown quiet large. I'm currently at 9207 mods. TTS Mod Backup started to get a bit slow since I crossed the point of 7000 mods. After some tests and checking TaskManager, it seems that TTS Mod Backup loads all json-files (in my case: nearly 7 GB) into RAM, causing a memory footprint of around 12 GB. Maybe it would be possible to load them on demand.
    This is actually by design, I hold the loaded json's in memory so when I have to refresh the mods (after downloading files, etc) I don't have to load all json files again. I'll add a toggle to disable json caching which will result in less ram used but longer refresh times.

@Dakueru: You have to enter just the numerical Workshop ID in the popup, for example 1359002819 . That should work.

@Corrodias & @Sorcerer: I'll remove that option, you guys are right it does not make sense to not use this.

Edit: I actually reworked the mod caching completely, it will now cache in a way that uses way less ram and is way faster and it will also save the cache when you close the tool so the next start up time is way shorter
    Last edited by Froghut; 04-17-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Hello,

While on the newest version (1.9.10), I noticed that the backup files are now saved under different names, as you mentioned (with the workshop ID in their name).

That is not a problem by itself, however, it means that by clicking "backup all" as I usually do, instead of being greeted by the options "skip exitisting, replace if newer.." it just backed them all anyway since it did not detect the files from the previous versions, doubling the amount of total backup files.
    If that is by design, I will just delete all the old files and go from there, no effort at all, however since it may be an unforeseen consequence I thought I would just report it and sit on it for a while.

Not sure if you have any other "proper" place for bug reports. if you do, sorry but I did not find it.

Will also take this opportunity to thank you for the work you put into this great tool!

Yes, this is by design. I realize that it's inconvenient having to "clean up" the backup folder, but in the long run this way just makes more sense and prevents mods with the same name overwriting each other etc.
    And yes, this is the place for bug reports, and thank you for taking the time to report this!

Hi,

Great work on this, very helpful. Noticed an issue when giving my friend an autoextracting .exe file though. It autofilled the correct Documents//My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Mods folder, but extracted the files into an additional Mods folder, creating a subdirectory Mods\Mods that then could not be detected by TTS. Either the autofill path or the extraction directory structure needs to be amended, I think.

Not sure if this is related, but on my machine I have TTS set (and my TTS Mod backup tool set) to save a detect mods under my steamapps folder rather than Documents/My Games, and TTS Mod Backup was generating the autoextract file on my machine. Don't know if that makes a difference. Hope this helps, thanks again.

Thanks for the bug report, I'll have a look at it, fix should be ready soon =)

Fantastic Job ... this tool is great
    just a request
    I hope if it would be available to make a sound .. a beep or anything when it's done downloading or backing up or "do-it-all"ing.
    some kind of notification to let me notice if it's finished ..that would be great
    thanks anyway

nice job
    thanks for the option
    just wanted to say something ... can you make the sound played after finishing any process ? not just the "Do it all" ?
    so the sound would be played after the refresh, the single "download", the "back up", the "Download All" ? not only after using the "Do it All" only ?
    amazing job altogether ..this tool made my hoarding habit much much easier ^_^

Where can I download version 1.9.11?
    If I do the update from the software I get an error.

Thanks a lot...

@darletheman: You can get the latest version from Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/263
    @Andrew_Jacop: I'll add it to the options where to play the sound

Since the 1.9.11 update the "Do it all" button no longer works for me. I deleted and re-installed it with the same results. I can download all then back up all, but for some reason the one button solution is no longer working. I looked all over but didn't see any check box to enable/disable it.

Tahnks for reporting! I was just in the middle of uploading the new Version with a fix for that, so that's available already

Hello
    Version 1.9.13 (latest downloadable) crashes for me just after displaying a popup saying version 1.9.14 is available for download. I'd have liked to manually update but didn't find the 1.9.14 on the net.
    Thoughts?

PM for more details on my config if needed to diagnose.
    Thanks!

Edit: clarified PM line
    Last edited by Yoritomo; 05-17-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoritomo View Post
    PM for more details if need be.
    I'd rather it was in the thread, so me and other people with the problem can have a solution too.

I'll check out why the auto update crashes for some people, in the meantime you can get the newest version (now 1.9.16) also from nexusmods.

thanks, just updated to 1.9.16, and it keeps crashing at start. Is there a way to start it with debug logs?
    i can see in the console part an error saying "error getting mod save location from registry" (even when I launch it with admin privileges or compatibility modes)
    thanks again for your help - and happy to chat over discord to speed up the issue assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoritomo View Post
    thanks, just updated to 1.9.16, and it keeps crashing at start. Is there a way to start it with debug logs?
    i can see in the console part an error saying "error getting mod save location from registry" (even when I launch it with admin privileges or compatibility modes)
    thanks again for your help - and happy to chat over discord to speed up the issue assessment.
    I uploaded 1.9.17 and added crash reporting. It would be great if you could send that crash report. Also Discord is a good idea: Froghut#3986

There we go, error: 400 bad request
    stacktrace:
    System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
    System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
    TTS_Mod_Backup.WorkshopManager.CheckWorkshopItemsE xist()
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    PS: friend request sent on discord btw

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast