Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

Quote Originally Posted by daagar View Post
    It appears that all mods that have links to photobucket will fail (specifically, the JJMark album which is used by a growing number of mods). An example link: http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/...psf7aa4181.jpg
    I'll have a look at it!
    Edit: I just uploaded version 1.8.28 that fixes photobucket links
    Last edited by Froghut; 02-12-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    I'll have a look at it!
    Edit: I just uploaded version 1.8.28 that fixes photobucket links
    Rockstar. Thank you sir!

I realize my last post was long and had multiple quotes, so I want to point out that it contains a bug report regarding the "Clean Up" function, that is, it's looking for a "Chest" folder that appears to be named "Saved Objects" now.
    edit: Additionally, renaming "Saved Objects" to "Chest" and hitting the "Clean Up" menu item again simply seems to freeze the program. It does nothing, responds to no input, and has no CPU, disk, or network use, eventually needing to be terminated by a process manager.

I hope this doesn't seem like attention-seeking. I don't want that report to be missed, and it seems pretty easy to miss, sneaked in there as it is.
    Last edited by Corrodias; 02-15-2017 at 07:24 PM.

I did "Download all thumbnails", and they are in the thumbnails folder (named with the mod id, not the full name) but they aren't showing in-game. Any ideas?

@Corrodias: I now realize that I completely missed your earlier post, sorry for that!
    As to the backup logic, when using "only if newer" it actually compares the "last modified" timestamp of the backup file and the workshop json. I'll have a look at that and see if I can optimize that. What exactly takes long, checking if backups need to be made, or the actual backup process? I use 7zip in the background to create the backup's, I'm not sure if I can speed the actual backup process up.
    I'll have a look at the cleanup function, I thought I changed everything related to the "chest->saved objects" change, seems like I missed something.

@MIC132: I'll have a look how thumbnails get loaded, what the filenames of the workshop files have to do with the thumbnails etc.

Now I must apologize. Paying closer attention and trying individual mods, it seems I may have been mistaken about it being inordinately slow. The time it takes legitimately seems to be simply the amount of time to compress and transfer across the network, which isn't a quick process. There isn't any obvious time-wasting going on.

Ok, so it seems thumbnails get only loaded if the mod filenames consist of only numbers (workshop id). as soon as there is anything else in there a thumbnail will not get loaded. As the thumbnails get downloaded from steam ,i.e. they are only available for workshop mods anyways, that actually makes sense. Of course this prevents mods from other sources with json filenames other than a workshop id from getting loaded even if they would be present.

Nice job keeping up with the updates!

I have a suggestion: Create the backups (and maybe do other things) with a worker thread that's separate from the UI. As it is, the UI kind of locks up while it's making backups. It's okay to disable the buttons in the UI thread before queuing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrodias View Post
    I have a suggestion: Create the backups (and maybe do other things) with a worker thread that's separate from the UI. As it is, the UI kind of locks up while it's making backups. It's okay to disable the buttons in the UI thread before queuing the job.
    You are right, thats one place where I forgot to do that, I'll add that in the next update. I tried to change everything that takes "longer" to use threads to not lock up the UI but I might have forgotten other places too, so if you notice any more things that lock the ui let me know

I will download and will try it out this weekend. Thanks for it.

Can you please look into this error (in italian) that i get trying to download a workshop id:

Impossibile caricare il tipo 'Json' dall'assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I get a similar error (as a popup) if I put myself a .json file into the mod folder and "refresh" (but with a .cjc works fine).

PS: I'm using the last version of TTS backup tool (1.9.1)
    Last edited by giudark; 03-15-2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: add post scriptum

Quote Originally Posted by giudark View Post
    You may need to update or repair your .NET Framework. Otherwise, maybe it doesn't know where your TTS is installed, but I don't know how to change that.

Deleting mods does not seem work. The program just hangs after pressing yes on "Are you sure" prompt.

Feature idea: a workshop checker, to indicate (highlight, icon, text color, or something else) those mods which no longer exist on the workshop?
    It's not very important... but I do wonder, of my installed mods, apparently 20 or so are no longer on the workshop, and I don't know which most of them are. That knowledge wouldn't be super useful; I'm just curious.
    Last edited by Corrodias; 03-28-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Same thing with Download Mod by ID. Error downloading Workshop Mod: Could not load type 'Json' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

And if I already have a .json file in Mods\Workshop:
    Error loading file '... .json': System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Json' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    at TTS_Mod_Backup.ModManager.LoadJson(String filePath)
    at TTS_Mod_Backup.ModManager.<>c__DisplayClass54_0.<G etModsFromJson>b__1(String file)
    Last edited by Gequan; 04-04-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Can someone explain to me what the colors/ numbers in () mean? And why does this add a image of a Cat every time i do something?

Sorry for the stupid question but I am a complete beginner here. I downloaded the program and the first window that comes up says "Select TTS Game Executable" and opens up my documents folder. I read a lot of the first few threads and it seems that I must "install" TTS to my computer. Is this still true? If so, how do I do it. I searched all the files on my computer and do not find "Tabletop Siumlator.exe" I bought the game from steam and to play it I open steam and click the game and it loads. This is as far as I get. https://www.screencast.com/t/Pwf4wc2q3 I feel stupid asking but that is where I am.

I am having a difficult time using this tool. I am using the current version 1.9.2 I believe. I have downloaded a lot of stuff from the workshop that I would like to have a copy stored locally on my machine for times when my internet goes down, and having piece of mind that I don't have to depend on files stored remotely somewhere in the cloud where it might not become available anymore (I faced this issue many times with certain workshop stuff, where files suddenly have gone missing.). I would also like to be able to share mods with my friends by sending it to them. Basically I don't want to have to depend or rely on steam workshop in order to load/start a game up.

So could somebody please walk me thru step by step on how I would do this with a workshop mod and also a savefile as well. I am using a 4K monitor and under Windows 10, the UI is a bit messed up, so its hard to tell what the buttons are, because the scaling issues. If there's a tutorial, preferably a video, I would love to see how to use this app in order to do what I mentioned above.

Some shitty, cold, hot, and mosquito filled, drug abusing hellhole called the netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rPi0n View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the colors/ numbers in () mean? And why does this add a image of a Cat every time i do something?
    the cat holds the settings. instead of having a config file, its a picture of a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Gequan View Post
    Same thing with Download Mod by ID. Error downloading Workshop Mod: Could not load type 'Json' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    As others are mentioning, TTS Backup seems to be broken with the most recent TTS (9.2.1). It gripes about the newtonsoft.json.dll assembly, which breaks most every function in the application. I tried manually updating the library ahead to v10.x, and downgrading the v7.x (shipped version in TTS is v8.x) to no avail ( not that I expected this to work, mind you!).

The full exception:
    System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    at TTS_Mod_Backup.WorkshopManager.CheckWorkshopUpdate s(Boolean forceUpdate)
    at TTS_Mod_Backup.frmModBackup.<updateModsFromWorksho pToolStripMenuItem_Click>d__56.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatch Info.Throw()
    Last edited by daagar; 05-29-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toddpifer View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question but I am a complete beginner here. I downloaded the program and the first window that comes up says "Select TTS Game Executable" and opens up my documents folder. I read a lot of the first few threads and it seems that I must "install" TTS to my computer. Is this still true? If so, how do I do it. I searched all the files on my computer and do not find "Tabletop Siumlator.exe" I bought the game from steam and to play it I open steam and click the game and it loads. This is as far as I get. https://www.screencast.com/t/Pwf4wc2q3 I feel stupid asking but that is where I am.
    You need to navigate to where you installed Steam, there is a folder called SteamApps, and inside this folder there is another folder called common. The main executable for any steam game is always stored there, for example: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rPi0n View Post
    Mods in green means that all the files were downloaded. Mods in red means that some files are missing. Same with the (/). Numbers to the left are the amount of files downloaded, numbers to the right are the amount of files missing, so if you have (120/0) you have all the files used by the mod, but if you have something like (36/120) there are some missing files.

I'm having issues using this, it hangs trying to delete or do things, it does not crash but it won't really do anything just look pretty. Is it a compatibility issues with TTS ? will the application be updated ? Just wondering.

First of all, great tool. Thanks for putting this together.

I've noticed that some Model/Mesh files on some of the hosting website can't be downloaded with TTS Backup, although the text data can be accessed when you open the remote location in your browser. I'm not at my main PC at the moment, so I'll have to check back later which hosting websites are affected specifically.

The other thing I've noticed that some images appear to be corrupted (either really corrupted or deleted from the hosting website, but registering as being "downloaded" anyway). Those files have a zero kilobyte size on my hard drive and are being marked as green / downloaded in TTS Backup, but when starting the affected mod in Tabletop Simulator, it'll show a missing / corrupted file error for those images. It would be helpful if there was a check against 0KB cached images, so that they don't register as properly downloaded / green, when they haven't done so in reality. Again, I'll have to check for specific examples later.

Edit:
    For example, dead Dropbox and GoogleDrive links result in a 0-byte-file download and marking them green. There's a workaround: you can go into your mods/images and /models folder, sort by size and delete all the 0-byte-files. When hitting refresh in TTS Backup, it'll flag those now missing files appropriately (until you try to download them again, which will lead to 0-byte files).

The other thing is that some of the images were not 0-byte sized, but corrupted still. Those are being flagged as green as well and you only really notice the corruption when you load up the mod in TableTop Simulator. I don't know if the tool could implement some sort of file integrity / file header check to catch those corrupted files.

And lastly, a weird thing I noticed was that for the Formula D mods (both Basic and Advanced Setup mods), half of the images couldn't be download via TTS Backup and their remote host (I forgot which one it was, sorry) wouldn't show the file in my browser - but when actually running the mods in TTS, the image files got downloaded without problems. After hitting "refresh" in TTS Backup, those entries were green as well. Weird.
    Last edited by membran; 06-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Indeed, at least Google Drive links that result in a 404 error are actually saving 0-byte files.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast