Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TTS Mod Backup tool

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny View Post
    No confusion - if images match that then it means an asset from the mod is missing from it. See such an image in the download and you can see at once from the backup directory that assets are missing, and repair them if practical by adding your own.
    But the only way you'd figure this out is by looking at thumbnails in the Images directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    But the only way you'd figure this out is by looking at thumbnails in the Images directory.
    Precisely. A lot quicker than actually going into TTS, loading up every mod you've just downloaded one at a time, then checking all objects within it for missing textures, including every object inside Bags.

Precisely. A lot quicker than actually going into TTS, loading up every mod you've just downloaded one at a time, then checking all objects within it for missing textures, including every object inside Bags.
    Uhhh, but that's the thing, I don't think the program should download that asset in the first place. It's essentially tricking me into thinking there's an asset, when there is not.

I don't know why you think I want to open TTS for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Uhhh, but that's the thing, I don't think the program should download that asset in the first place. It's essentially tricking me into thinking there's an asset, when there is not.

I don't know why you think I want to open TTS for this.
    You're clearly correct - I acknowledge it. If it's possible not to download such files automatically, it would indeed be more efficient for the user that it not do so.

Another small suggestion for any future updates you might be planning - a file-browser for setting the directory you want .exe backups to unzip to - at the moment you have to copy/paste the directory in.
    .exe backups should automatically detect the correct folder if TTS is installed, dothey detect the wrong folder/ nothing for you?
    Also I will add that the removd imgur image will not be downloaded.

It automatically finds TTS's mods folder, yes - but this mingles the mod's assets with those of every other mod, when sometimes I wish to isolate and examine the assets separately. You can add a sub-directory manually, of course, but I would rather extract them to another directory set aside for my TTS project work in general. I can extract to such a sub-directory, then copy and paste - but this wouldn't be necessary if there were a browser - there's a little "..." button at the moment, beside the directory to extract to, but it is not functional.

Oops, it should be functional :P I will add it to the todo list.

Hi! i see that nobody have problem to run the program. I download from Nexusmod, unzip it and run TTS Mod Backup.exe but nothing happens, if i see in the task manager there are two TTS Mod Backup.exe running process with 104 kb each but the application not open. If i try to kill the process nothing happens. Anyone have this problem?

I have windows7 x64

Here an image of the Task Manager: http://imgur.com/RcuPxSc

Edit: a friend try the same download and works for it. I don't know why happend this in my computer. Someone can help me?

Thanks
    Last edited by SandmanU4G; 12-13-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Hm, not sure what the problem could be. I uploaded a test version you can try, perhaps that gives some kind of error message: https://copy.com/pwOtCpktebrVcEW0
    If not, you could also check in the event viewer under "windows logs -> applications", if there is anything regarding TTS mod backup could you please pm the error message?

Thanks Froghut i will try this test version. Now i try the 1.5.6 version and it works!!! (the zip file contain 17 files instead of 1 file that contain the latest versions).

Edit: sorry my bad english, i am from Argentina.

Uploaded new Version 1.8.0 with the following new features:
    - Auto Refresh can now be disabled, the Refresh button will then be colored when a Refresh should be made
    - The "..." button in the self extracting backups now works, also the Mods will be extracted directly to the folder you specify
    - Urls in the url list are now sorted by type, i.e. table, deck, model, etc
    - mods with missing files get sorted to the top of the mod list
    - removed images from imgur will no longer be downloaded (removed.png)
    - mods can be blacklisted from being downloaded when using the download all button with new right click menu (when mods have broken links and you wait for the author to fix them)

Is it the updates for BackupTool that keeps making png files called SettingsCat, with a picture of a cat in it, appear in my directory?

Yes, in the newest version the settings get actually saved into that picture of a cat. That way the tool is portable, so if you copy the .exe and the picture you take your settings with you. I just thought it would be more fun to save them as a piicture of a cat instead of a boring old xml file

Using latest version (1.8.4) when I tried to download images for this mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=586749631
    I got errors (file removed) for most of the images, while all the images download properly through the game (I usually pre-download mods using TTSMB, so that's why I noticed).

Quote Originally Posted by MIC132 View Post
    Using latest version (1.8.4) when I tried to download images for this mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=586749631
    I got errors (file removed) for most of the images, while all the images download properly through the game (I usually pre-download mods using TTSMB, so that's why I noticed).
    I uploaded 1.8.5 that should fix that bug.

You might want to check the autoupdater. It crashes for me when trying to update to 1.8.5. Will have to download normally

EDIT: Nexus has only 1.8.4. Where is 1.8.5 uploaded?

I currently only have very slow internet access so the only way to update right now is via auto updater - I will check if the 1.8.5 I uploaded is corrupt or something.
    Edit: Yup, upload was corrupt, should be fixed now and auto updater should work again
    Last edited by Froghut; 01-02-2016 at 04:47 PM.

It crashes for me as well Froghut, during the auto update.

Using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

It's working now.

So, as if by magic, Tabletop Simulator can handle normal pastebin links now. I'm not sure if pastebin changed something on their end or if it was a TTS update that did it, but yeah, the Backup tool should probably be updated to accomodate.

I've also noticed a couple of mods using FTP URLs.

I finally have internet access again!
    I'll check out whats up with pastebin. I did not realize TTS could load files from ftp links, I'll add that to the tool too.

As an Apple OSX user, I'm noticing a lot of talk of .exe files. Is there any way for me to use this on an OSX machine? I've downloaded the nexusmods file and extracted it, but even that is an .exe file, so I'm not holding a lot of hope.

I tried to run it on OSX via wine and mono but it does not seem to work correctly. I'll see if I can get it to work but I can't make any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    I finally have internet access again!
    I'll check out whats up with pastebin. I did not realize TTS could load files from ftp links, I'll add that to the tool too.
    Looks like https://paste.ee/ works the same way now too.

Also, I've noticed Dropbox stuff sometimes fails to download. Sometimes it can't establish an SSL connection. Generally works on the second try.

My computer says it has a virus:

Trojan:Win32/Pocyx.gen!B!plok

I downloaded this version: TTS Mod Backup-263-1-8-4

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast