Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL] TTS Deck Editor

Hey Froghut, any chance for support for transparent decks? If it's already a feature I can't figure out how to do it.

I have used the Deck Editor to make some decks and it is great. However, it would be great if somehow the process could somehow also import names and/or descriptions. Maybe spit out a file which contains the names of the cards in the same order that they are added to the deck images which then TTS could import.

I prefer to use name or description to identify cards as opposed to hard coding GUIDs. A couple days ago I spend some time filling in the description for 200 cards. Since my card file name reflected the description, having a feature that would have exported the file names and then allowed me to re-import them into TTS would have save me lots of time.

Could you add the ability to take a zip file with images as input? Currently, we either have to select images individually in a folder or a set file.

I miss the feature where you can drag-drop from an image on a web-browser.

Background Color no longer works for me. It just crashes when I press OK.

Froghut's great Deck Editor is now officially part of Tabletop Simulator! It is available for Windows in your modding folders.

Those on Mac and Linux can still download it to see if it works on your systems. Once we know it fully works, we can add them to Mac and Linux as well.

Thanks!

@Mark: I'll have a look at that crash - do you get some kind of error that you could copy&paste here?. Also by setting the background color to transparent you should be able to get transparent decks (once it no longer crashes... )

@LordAshes: Currently there is no such feature in TTS, I could still add something like name/description editing and export to the editor though.

@AntiMetaman: How should the tool recognize the files inside of the zip? I guess they would have a similar naming scheme as with the import folder option, but then again you could just extract the zip to a folder and import that one?

@Spheniscine: when Drag&Drop'ing from a browser the file is not locally saved - perhaps when doing this ask the user where to save that file and then use it? Sounds like a cool feature I think

Tried the new deck builder, added an image, went to add a text field and...

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at TTSDeckCreator.frmTemplateEdit.btnAddText_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1076.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    TTS-Deck-Editor
        Assembly Version: 1.5.6.0
        Win32 Version: 1.5.6
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop%20Simulator/Modding/Deck%20Builder/TTS-Deck-Editor.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 14.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Net.Http
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Net.Http/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Net.Http.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1067.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    NAppUpdate.Framework
        Assembly Version: 0.3.2.0
        Win32 Version: 0.3.2.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/MadLad%20Designs/AppData/Local/Temp/Costura/B229E5EBCDA1ACDD2F50D0F5A3A8192D/nappupdate.framework.dll
    PresentationFramework
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
    WindowsBase
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
    PresentationCore
        Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
    UpdaterTask
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/MadLad%20Designs/AppData/Local/Temp/Costura/B229E5EBCDA1ACDD2F50D0F5A3A8192D/updatertask.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    Like board games? Then check this out!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MadLadDesigns/

@MadLad Designs: Oh yes, this is actually a bug, the button should not be enabled when there are no templates. As a workaround for now just first create a new template, then you can add new text fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    @Mark: I'll have a look at that crash - do you get some kind of error that you could copy&paste here?. Also by setting the background color to transparent you should be able to get transparent decks (once it no longer crashes... )
    If I can recall correctly, I didn't get an error. The program just crashed randomly. It seems to be working OK now though, though I can't figure out where the transparent slider/number is and where I need to input it to get a transparent PNG deck.

EDIT: It appears to be the A slider. What does the A stand for haha? I know it's called Opacity in Paint.net...

A stands for Alpha

Hey froghut, first of all, I just wanted to say that I love the deck editor and want to keep using it. However, I keep running into the problem of my cards not being high enough quality. They keep maxing out at 2000x2002 for the deck size, and I would like to increase that to 4096x4096. Is there any way for me to do that, or am I just out of luck with importing high resolution cards?

Hi, I see that the deck builder insists on keeping one spot on the template for card 'backs'. For example, on a 10 by 4 template, you can only drag and drop 39 cards. My guess is that the last one is saved for card backs (but the builder also asks me if I want to "also load card back"... If I answer no, what happens then?)

Regardless; When making a Deck inside TTS, it already asks for the graphics for the card backs. What then is the point with also having the back on the template?

I need to make a deck with some hundred cards, and need to combine decks to make it happen. It would be so much more pleasant to work with batches of 50 and not 49.

You still can, you just can't drag and drop them all into the sheet and have them all fill the sheet. So if you have a batch of 50 you want to make, that fills a whole 10x5 sheet or whatever size you make it - then you only drag 49 of them over, to fill spots 1-49, and then you can still put your 50th card in the 50th spot, you just have to do it separate from the others. What would be nice, is if the Deck Builder would ask when you begin to make the deck, and set size parameters, if you want to use the last slot for a hidden card - and if you don't then it should disable that check, and you should be able to drag all the cards you want into the sheet and fill the whole sheet, instead of having to drag one less, and place the last one manually.

I've had that happen before - I'd drag over all the cards to fill the sheet, and it doesn't count the last slot as a "card spot", so it pops up another prompt window the same as the one when you started the new deck, asking how wide and high you want the sheet - and when you hit OK, it makes a new sheet and puts the excess cards on it(which is only one usually).

Quote Originally Posted by PsiComa View Post
    Hi, I see that the deck builder insists on keeping one spot on the template for card 'backs'. For example, on a 10 by 4 template, you can only drag and drop 39 cards. My guess is that the last one is saved for card backs (but the builder also asks me if I want to "also load card back"... If I answer no, what happens then?)

Regardless; When making a Deck inside TTS, it already asks for the graphics for the card backs. What then is the point with also having the back on the template?

I need to make a deck with some hundred cards, and need to combine decks to make it happen. It would be so much more pleasant to work with batches of 50 and not 49.
    I second this. When importing the image into TTS, you can already provide a back image url, so there is no purpose in leaving the last spot for back image.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMetaman View Post
    I second this. When importing the image into TTS, you can already provide a back image url, so there is no purpose in leaving the last spot for back image.
    the last spot is technically designated as the "Hidden" spot. So you would put in that spot the image that you want people to see when the cards are in someone elses' hand. Thing is, it became really common for people to be using the Back of the card as the hidden image - which is why now there is the "Back as Hidden" checkbox when you make decks.

Thanks for your insightful reply, Raven. Yeah, I see it now; didn't think about there being two different graphics for the card backs. And yes, it would be great if the Deck Builder would ask if you intended to have a different graphic for cards in player hands.

Well, there's not 2 different images for the "back", just the one designated image. When the cards are in someone else's hand, you see 2 different images. One is the back of the card, when it's flipped over. The other is the "Hidden" image, which is what would normally be in that last slot, and it is used to hide the face of the card. You can see an example of this if you spawn a standard deck of cards from the chest, and place a card in another hand besides your own - when it's flipped to the Face side, the card is white with a big silver question mark on it, and you can't see what the card is. That question mark is the decks' "Hidden" image.

Quote Originally Posted by swordkillr13 View Post
    Hey froghut, first of all, I just wanted to say that I love the deck editor and want to keep using it. However, I keep running into the problem of my cards not being high enough quality. They keep maxing out at 2000x2002 for the deck size, and I would like to increase that to 4096x4096. Is there any way for me to do that, or am I just out of luck with importing high resolution cards?
    I'm not 100% sure I understand your problem, your card images are really big (4096x4096) and you want to export a deck with those card sizes "intact"? You can specify on export if you want to limit the exported image size, if you uncheck that you should be able to export in the "original" size of the cards.
    Right now due to the underlying stuff I use the max image size that is theoretically possible to export is something like 20000x20000, although I never tried anything that big. Also I'm not sure what the max image width and height is that TTS supports.

@last card as hidden image: I was actually not aware that there is an option "Back as Hidden", oops. It makes total sense that the last card is hidden thing can be disabled in the editor for specific decks, and I guess it should be disabled by default. I'll add that as soon as I find the time, although I'm on holidays for the next 3 weeks so it might take a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Froghut View Post
    I'm not 100% sure I understand your problem, your card images are really big (4096x4096) and you want to export a deck with those card sizes "intact"? You can specify on export if you want to limit the exported image size, if you uncheck that you should be able to export in the "original" size of the cards.
    Right now due to the underlying stuff I use the max image size that is theoretically possible to export is something like 20000x20000, although I never tried anything that big. Also I'm not sure what the max image width and height is that TTS supports.
    What I mean is that instead of it exporting the cards at 4096x4096, it is exporting them at 2000x2006 and it results in foggy cards that are not the same quality as some other cards I use with the mods I have downloaded. Is there any good way to fix that to automatically do the 4096x4096?

Hey swordkillr13, I'm also a little confused by what your describing its possible something else might actually be going on here.

What is the starting card size in Pixels of the Individual cards your working with ? and how many individual cards are you combining (Width x Height) into a single Deck image in Froghuts Deck Builder ?
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 08-22-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Im not exactly sure on what the actual size is, but I can include an image for one of the cards I am using if that would work.

I'm not exactly sure on what the actual size is, but I can include an image for one of the cards I am using if that would work.
    Sure...a link to the image would be a good place to start. how many were you putting on a sheet.. Width by height ?

and if you have a Mod set up that you can share then that would help a great deal in getting to the bottom of this problem with your decks image quality

I want to put 5 or 6 on the sheet, but that may change depending on what my players decide on. Itll probably be around 10 cards that I import. I took a screenshot of what is being displayed when I am making the cards in the editor http://imgur.com/YyMtQE4 and this is the output http://imgur.com/FaYwnqw. And by Mod do you mean the workshop that I am working out of? Because if so, that would be the Urealms Season 2 Full Gameplay Setup. I can also provide a link to the website where I got the images if you would like.

Hey swordkillr13

A link to the where your getting your pictures from would be useful for sure. That way I can double check the maximum size image you have access to, as the ones your trying to use now are too small to produce the high res cards your after

So....those cards your using have dimensions of 200x286 which is why your only getting an output size for the whole sheet of 2000 x 2002 that's (across) 10 x 200 and (down) 7 x 286...

If your only going to be dealing with a small number of cards, you would be better off reducing the size of the deck sheet your putting them on.
    looking at those images your using a 10 by 7...slot sheet so all those black empty slots are still loaded into memory which is really a bit of a waste.

Normally you'd start with one eye on the maximum sensible deck image size of 4096 X 4096 and decide how many of your high res cards you could fit into that space and then create a deck template to suit.

So if I had 20 cards that were 750 wide by 1024 tall. I could fit a maximum of 5 across by 4 down and I'd look to creating a 5 by 4 deck sheet to put them on, to minimise wasted space and maximise image quality.

Basically your going to need better quality cards to get the results your after...pretty much any thing over 500x800 should do, though if you've got lots of small text on your cards your going to want to aim as high as you can with the starting dimensions of your cards
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 09-01-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast