Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL] TTS Deck Editor

first of all, thank you for your application (added features).

I find error: if import via Import Card Set menu Item, and I have several 0Xx card name, with various 0X number, then if > 70, application nothing to do. Can you produce to import as much as possible card in current deck, and import other in new deck?
    Currently, I'm manual calculate 70 card for each card deck and put in several folder.

I encountered an error in version 1.3.5

Hm, I actually thought the 70 card limit would make sense, but now that I think about it, it makes much more sense to just create multiple decks. Thanks for the suggestion, I will add that to the next version!

Edit: Version 1.3.6 is now online with that fix included
    Last edited by Froghut; 11-04-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Reddit reading (https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsim...reate_objects/) New ideas emerge:

1) After uploading the image of the deck. Create a copy of the uploaded file in the "Images" (Documents \ My Games \ Tabletop Simulator \ Mods \ Images \) folder, using the format used by the TTS (no spaces or \). To not have to download the image. So you can create a faster module.

2) Why not upload the new deck of cards also as a TTS module ?. I mean, once we have the link to the image of the deck, we created a standard JSON file and add a new object that would deck we want to create. In the deck editor is already indicated the number of letters and letter back.

3) Following the above, you can select a link to an image with individualized rear.

4) Can upload a new deck of cards to an existing module, including the new deck of cards in the JSON file.

5) Can upload several decks to a module. Select multiple files "TSDB" and make the decks in a particular JSON (side by side or in a bag).

Thanks a lot...

Expand Editor utility

They are not deck of cards but also would be nice to create objects repetitive:

1. Can choose multiple images to use as tokens and upload them to a hostting.

2. After uploading the images. Create a copy of the uploaded file in the "Images" (Documents \ My Games \ Tabletop Simulator \ Mods \ Images \) folder, using the format used by the TTS (no spaces or \). To not Have to download the image.

3. Using the links of such images (can be saved all links in the same file), automatically add these as custom tokens to a new or existing file JSON (all inside a bag), as if you had used the option of "custom token" inside TTS.

4. Using a link to a "OBJ" (usually http://pastebin.com/) and multiple links to different images, create multiple similar objects (tokens, figurines, pieces) in a new or existing module (editing the file JSON).

Thanks a lot...

Hm those are some cool ideas, I'll think about it and see what I can do

What platforms does your editor work on? Is it Cross-Platform(Windows/Mac/Linux) for all users of TTS?

It uses .net, with mono it should work on linux and I think also on osx, but I havent actually tried it. I have a ubuntu vmware I will try it on later when I get home, but I don't own a mac.

Edit: I tried it on ubuntu with mono and it works
    Last edited by Froghut; 11-07-2015 at 03:35 AM.

Great work

Uploaded 1.4.0, since TTS 6.0 now supports different deck sizes instead of only 10x7 cards my Deck Editor can now create decks with different deck sizes too.

You know I was just sitting here thinking.....Hmm the new card template system looks interesting but we really need the editors reworked to complement these changes.

and as if by Magic....Ta Da !

Nicely done Froghut.....again

Hey Froghut..just been playing with the latest version of the Card Builder (1.4.2) for a Mod I'm working on and two things have jumped out at me.

Its outputting the deck image as a PNG which can be a bit on the large size is there a way to make it directly output as a .JPG ?

and when its automatically resizing the deck image for Export its not always producing power of 2 images which can make them unusable without a little external editing.

appreciate all this time and effort mate.....medals in the post
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 11-26-2015 at 02:05 AM.

First of all thanks for the feedback
    When exporting you can change the extension from png to jpg in the "Save as" dialog, below the box for the filename.
    And the images not being power of two, do they need to be? I thought they could be any size? Also when not limiting the size on export you rarely get sizes that are power of two.

When exporting you can change the extension from png to jpg in the "Save as" dialog, below the box for the filename.
    Gah... when you say it like that it sounds Obvious... I was over thinking that one my bad

Ideally you want to stay away from image sizes that are not divisible by two.. Now they can work but more often than not their going to give you problems, not loading or loading completely black.
    Its only noticeable as an issue if your image is above a set size and you want the deck builder to pull it in a little.

for example on a 7X5 grid a card that is 815X1110 gives a deck of 5705X5550

Now if you set the max Deck size to a respectable 4096

it outputs an image of 4096X3985. and that odd number at the end doesn't sit well with the simulator.

Is there a way to have it round up or down these odd numbers ?
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 11-26-2015 at 03:01 AM.

I see, I will add that feature, expect an update soon

Hm, if I change the Height of the Image and by that the aspect ratio won't the cards have the wrong aspect ratio in TTS?

In this situation is just a rounding error, the cards individually are divisible by two its just the way its resizing them that's changing the ratio.

Hm, now I'm not sure what we're really talking about. Do you mean power of two, (i.e. 256, 512. 1024 2048 etc) or divisible by two?
    I thought only images that are not power of 2 might make problems, or is it that images that have sizes that are not divisible by two that make problems?

its the latter...... divisible by 2
    it used to be necessary to work to the Power of two

Most cards these days will allow you to load textures with dimensions that are not powers of two, but it will likely have a negative impact on performance. There is a good chance that when it loads it is actually going to be converted costing you load time and not saving any memory. Non-square textures are generally OK, as long as both their dimensions are powers of two.

In short power of two is still best, divisible is second best and non divisible is worst of all

Ok, now I understand I will just always round to an even number when exporting. Thanks again

Awesome tool man. One question. Do you think there would be a way of making an automatic updater for the tool? so that when you update the tool, the tool can check to see if I have the latest version, and if not then it can tell me and ask me if I want to update? If I say yes, then it will download the newest version on it's own without me having to go to nexusmods to download it.

Hm, that would make it way more convenient, thats true. I'll see what I can do
    Edit: Uploaded new versions of the deck editor and mod backup tool that will now automatically check for updates on start (can be disabled) and will download and apply updates so users don't have to download something manually any more.
    Last edited by Froghut; 11-27-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Hey! Just saw all these changes, thanks for keeping this updated.

Would it be possible to allow the opening of .tsdb files by simply double clicking on them? This would save me the hassle of having to find the deck editor program each time I want to edit one of my existing decks. Right now when I do this the program simply crashes.

Also, loading my deck in general doesn't seem to be working. I saved my 8x7 deck into a folder, clicked "Load Mod" within the program and tried to load it and the program doesn't display any of the cards I placed.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm not sure what the issue was but after re-inputting the cards and then saving, then loading the deck back up again it seems to be working as it should now.
    Last edited by Mark; 12-10-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Good idea, I will add an option to open .tsdb files by double clicking.

Small bug (version 1.4.5):

Intended result: clicking on "Close Deck" closes the tab and then switches to the next one, displaying all the cards there.

Actual result: clicking on "Close Deck" closes the tab and then switches to the next one, though it's just empty void rather than actual cards.
    Fixing this graphic issue is as simple as switching to another tab and then switching back again to refresh it.

Thanks for reporting the bug, I will get on it!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast