Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What game mode would you like to see in the game?

What game mode would you like to see in the game?

Knil said

Looked into Piecepack and I agree with you guys. Bang for buck nothing will give more games to play. Piecepack will be the first new game mode

2 more to choose!

Well, that's good news. I know once people investigate Piecepack and all the games you can play with it, they'll see it really was a logical choice.

The CCG option sounds great, but I'm not sure what would be used in it, besides just a deck of custom cards. Unless the CCG option just had a deck builder?

Piecepack sounds great.

One mode I would vote for would be a a whiteboard mode. Like the custom mode, it's just a table everyone can draw on. Simple, but fairly effective.

Depending where y'all go with the control and physics, I also back jenga and air hockey.

@QQuixotic

I agree with you. It would be great if the game supported the ability to add custom cards, and that way people could just add their own.

This is the very reason this game needs to get on Steam, so we can utilize the workshop.

Although, there should definitely be some standard methods for adding custom cards. I could see this becoming a very big mess. For example, lets say there are 30 different people who only want to add 1 card to the game. I wouldn't want 30 separate buttons just to spawn each of these cards. I suppose the UI would need a bit of work in this regard, perhaps a grid layout with a preview of each unique card. Maybe even the ability to save custom decks.

Perhaps these 30 unique cards could be grouped together in another way. Nnot sure how modding would be, but if you could set the "type" of your mod, in this case "cards", then further refine that by saying something like it's specifically a CCG or just a normal deck of playing cards so it could be grouped in game accordingly.

I've been think through the best way to support the modding community. How to handle transferring files to and from each other without lagging out the host. The best bet for an end user experience is definitely through steam workshop. The Greenlight is currently 76% of the way to the top 100, so keep sharing guys - it takes a ridiculous ~10k yes vote to get on steam, but we are getting there!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225493724

I like the jenga-like idea, and I like the whiteboard idea. Maybe, we could have full maps rather than just 360 panos.

GIPF games like DVONN and TZAAR. All you'd really need are the little different-colored donut-shaped pieces.

One gamemode could utilize the fact that it is not an actual board with consistent physical rules. You could have a gamemode where objects that are mc escher like are able to be made, things that are impossible. the board could stretch like dalihs clocks or opticall illusions like the impossible box are real and appear to work to the players.

Yeah, I'd love to see copyrighted digital versions of the various games I own too (Monopoly, Axis & Allies, Memoir 44, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Formula D, Ultimate Werewolf etc) but in order for these guys to add game modes to the base game and NOT run into legal issues (Hopefully the custom feature of Tabletop Simulator will give us some options here), so we really need to focus on public domain options here. With that in mind, I'd suggest folks consider this page on boardgamegeek.com

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/1061/top-20-public-domain-games-from-the-quotinternet-t

Therefore: I'd vote for:
    Cribbage
    Mahjong
    Mancala

Finally, I Really hope that Berserk Games can enter into licensing agreements with publishers/designers to be able to allow us to buy polished add-ons to the Table-Top Simulator, this would just be huge, and I would seriously consider re-buying many of my games in order to have this.

Modding would be excellent. If there was a way to port custom images for boards, cards, chits and the like, that would be amazing.

It might be tons of fun to include Crokinole or Carrom.

Other than that, I'm probably alone in this, but I think a Rithmomachy board would be excellent.

I'd really like Monopoly and Jenga.

Also Mahjong.

RISK (or a non-copyrighted knockoff thereof) would be awesome!

Thinking further outside the box, how about a "marble construction set" kind of thing where players could construct and then activate / drop marbles into / do stuff with a machine of some kind.

Registered just to suggest Jenga. Would be so fun!

Another cool one would be craps.

Just some I've been thinking of:
    Pool, Foosball, Skeeball, Bowling, Mini-Golf, Marbles, Labyrinth, carnival games, 3D Chess, Ludo (Sorry/Trouble/Aggravation/Parcheesi/etc.)

Default Cards:
    • Poker (Expanded deck if possible - more numbers, a joker per suit, maybe even more suits!)
    • Scopa (Italian style cards)
    • Other card styles - German, Scandinavian, Tarot, etc.
    • Colored Numbers 0-99 in 12 colors (or 0-20 in 8 colors, however many you could add without it being too difficult/time consuming/memory hogging)
    • Standard "Action" cards:
    • Wild
    • Draw 1-5
    • Skip
    • Reverse
    • Discard
    • Take Back
    • Trade
    • Back 1-5
    • Forward 1-5
    • Lose a Turn
    • etc.

Oh man, Mahjong would be great. Plus the tiles are used for numerous games.

What about leaving one to be added at a later date. Do remember this game called hang man? Could that viable mode until the last one is decided.
    Imagine 4 playing that on your simulator with sounds of the rope tightening around the poor guesses necks etc. Complete with door opening as the hangman wins.
    with a small gurgly sound/s It might even be in the public domain and usable.
    ps... In the off chance its not perhaps the special K's could use a the slow falling Guillotine (instead of rope) in clicks it falls complete with good head chopping sound
    at the end for losers.

Chris_Walker said

Ditto regarding Mancala, it's a nice little public domain African game that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I Really hope that Berserk Games can enter into licensing agreements with publishers/designers to be able to allow us to buy polished add-ons to the Table-Top Simulator, this would just be huge, and I would seriously consider re-buying many of my games in order to have this.

No worries here. Finding a digital scan and making piece models is really quite easy. I'm sure you'll be able to find many games on Workshop (and if Valve starts going after those, on several websites). There are a couple torrents out there currently that address this very thing, with gigs and gigs of rulebooks, boards, pieces, cards, etc. I know Berserk Games would never officially condone 'game piracy', but I'm sure not using Skype to play the board games I already own with friends across the country, so there's really no choice.

I'll second hex grid support, one because it is a different mode from the sand box and two because there are hundreds of games that can take advantage of the basics of that mode.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Mahjong tiles, but what I'd really like to see is the ability to randomly place tiles as part of that where you say use turtle or dragon layout and bam, it sets the game up for you.

i would like too see games like jenga and black jack. also i would like to see if we could add our own models and lastly i would like it if we would add our own cards with effects like uno or magic so in all to be a little open to modify game modes and card effects.

another cool thing to add would be if it counted the cards in my hand like if i press a key and it showed me how much my hands worth quick on the fly

I registered to post two suggestions:

1) another vote for the CCG/TCG mode and a Deck builder plugin for custom art & rules on card play

2) support for elevated/floating game pieces. Thinking about games such as Wings of War/Star Wars Miniatures & public domain/ out of print versions of similar games. It would be awesome to be able to play these types games that have multiple pieces moving on varying heights of play.

I would really like to see Mahjong as well. It should be noted that when I say Mahjong, I mean the 3-4 player variation that Mahjong is known for traditionally, and not the tile-matching game, although the tiles could also be used for this purpose.

Hex grid and mahjjong for me.

That would be fun.

Hear me out, you should add a really simple game like Tic-Tac-Toe or something so people have a game to play while they are waiting for everyone to join the game.

I already mentioned in a Greenlight discussion, I'd like to see Shogi in as well! Shogi is one of the most popular board games in Japan (Go is in close competition there), it's also known as "japanese chess". It plays very similarly to chess, with one big difference being you can add pieces back to the board regularly. Also the reverse side of the pieces have the unit's promoted version.

Other comments here remind me that I'd also love to see Mahjong in.

One more possibility. Although it's not really a mode, it might be really useful to have a pen/pencil tool in many of the game modes. Being able to sketch out a move, for example, or being able to mark a character sheet or pass a private note to another player, would be a really nice tool to have on occasion.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast