Thread: [v9.6] A way to redefine the value of the dice sides so that it adds correctly?

[v9.6] A way to redefine the value of the dice sides so that it adds correctly?

What i would like to do:
    My game has 2 different kind of dices.
    Both of them are 6 sided dices

The first dice is called: the Success dice (sounds so stupid in english): and it can give the following outcomes:
    If you roll 1 that means You have have reatched one rate of success.
    If you roll 2 that means You have reatched two rate of success.
    If you roll 3 that means You generate one manna.
    If you roll 4 that means You generate one manna.
    If you roll 5 that means nothing, it has no affect, its 0 value.
    If you roll 6 that means nothing, it has no affect, its 0 value.

The second dice is called: the Bad luck dice (sounds even more stupid in english): and it can give the following outcomes:
    This die only matters if you roll a 6, otherwise it has no affect.
    When you roll a 6, it subracts 3 from the total number of the sucess rates that the player has reatched with the roll.

The player rolls with 1-6 success dices at once + with one additional bad luck dice.

I want TTS to calculate the totall reatched success rates, and this would be possible if i would be able to define the value of the sides and be able to give negative value (program it like an integer). If there would be a way to define the value of the side of the die as a Letter than i could call the manna M (program it like a string) than I could tell the program to add the numbers of the success rates and count the mannas (add the integers and count the strings), so if my player rolls with 5 success dice and 1 bad luck dice and the results are: 1, 2, 1, 4, 5. ont he success dice, and 6 on the bad luck dice than the program would writhe 1 & 2M. where the 1 is the success rate and the 2M is the 2 generated Manna.
    Is there a way to create something like this?

Thank you for your support.

This sounds a bit down the lines of scripting and idk if they've reconsidered that concept or not - being able to script code for the mod so that specific things are done properly.

I think this is a post probably better served if it was over in the Suggestions section of the forum rather than technical.

But I do like the notion of having the custom dice be switchable to a negative value version when the dice are created. Opens up some interesting game options that one.

As to the other half of your request. It certainly would be nice to see these abilities. though I'm not sure how such a scriptable function could be added to the current version of the TTS.

EDIT: that was a fast move

It doesent have to be scriptable. I imagine it like this:
    When i create a custom dice the program would ask me to choose the dice type, than to define a the sides. So if my dice is 6 sided i would have to define what number or letter (or maybe word) should be visible on the side where the "normal" number would show up on the "regular" D6. So this way you could easily tell the program that if I roll 6 than it means whatewer. The program could add the numbers just like it does now, but you would be able to give negative value to your numbers since you would be able to deffine the sides. As for the sides that contains words or letters ... well those would be left out of the addition but there could be a checkbox asking if you want the program to count the sides (if you roll with more than one D6 ofc) wich were not resulting number. The player doesent have to script anything, it would work inthe same manner like it does now via checkboxes and fields. So what do you think?

You can now do this with the new Rotational Values, which you can read about here.

Thanks!