Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Early Access v1.0 RC - Feedback Bug Reports

Steam Early Access v1.0 RC - Feedback Bug Reports

Hi everyone,

This Steam-only update is important as it is the final test before our big release on Friday, April 18th! Please test as much as you can and post your findings on our official forums or community hub discussion forums.

Features:
    • Added 5 more RPG Figurines: Wyvern, Cyclops, Kobold, Skeleton Knight, Manticora
    • CardBot game mode has been added for our highest Kickstarter backer, Geremy George
    • You can now mouse over a d6 or d20 and type in a number to rotate the dice to that number
    • Hover over an object and pressing 'ALT' will enlarged that object (great for checking dice rolls or reading cards)
    • You can now name your saves so you can more easily keep track of your custom games
    • FPS spectator camera style has been added with ALT + WASD in combination with RMB, if you want old pan you can ALT + LOWER/TAP or the arrow keys

Bugs and Fixes
    • The desync floating object bug when you first connect to a server should be resolved
    • Fixed some prediction bugs at high ping - objects should no longer seem to clip through the ground
    • Grid system can now be be disabled in the Host Options menu
    • Tileset Frozen state now saves and loads properly
    • It is now much easier to pick up multiple dice
    • Objects will no longer float if you drop more than one on the same grid coordinate
    • Custom cards should no longer be redownloaded when rewinding if the custom decks are the same
    • Spawn menu for the RPG Kit has been improved by moving the creatures into categories
    • Windows will now automatically recenter even if you resize the game at any time
    • Selecting RPG will now change the table to the large felt table so nothing falls off
    • Splash screen no longer overlaps on lower resolution
    • Slightly shrunk RPG figurines and fixed some of the colliders
    • Piecepack has been fixed up with the proper pieces
    • Goblin second mode is now a slingshot to add some range options
    • Fixed typo on "too weak to flip the table"

Thanks and enjoy! Here’s to April 18th!

Cardbot gamemode looks really cool, but someone is going to have to explain to me how the heck you actually play it.

So far, I've only noticed one bug. The alt+number thing doesn't seem to work for the colored d6s.

I've noticed a few other things, but I'm not certain they'd be considered "bugs" exactly. The cyclops seems to just constantly be sidestepping for some reason and the skeleton rolls instead of dying. Might be intentional, but I find those things kinda weird. Also, the wyvern is amazing.

There's a "rules" button on the menu. Hopefully that helps xD

The cyclops and skeleton are known issues.

NightCrest said

Cardbot gamemode looks really cool, but someone is going to have to explain to me how the heck you actually play it.

So far, I've only noticed one bug. The alt+number thing doesn't seem to work for the colored d6s.

I've noticed a few other things, but I'm not certain they'd be considered "bugs" exactly. The cyclops seems to just constantly be sidestepping for some reason and the skeleton rolls instead of dying. Might be intentional, but I find those things kinda weird. Also, the wyvern is amazing.

Oh snap, how'd I manage to miss that? That's awesome though, thanks.

Also, I meant just the number thing, the alt thing works just fine with the colored d6.

Haha no problem. And yeah, the colored d6, we got fixed for release

Kobold, why u no be little dragon guy instead of tinier goblin ;-;

The cyclops seems to be running sideways in his "passive" mode. Not sure if this is a bug or deliberate.

Otherwise, loving the new figurines, especially the wyvern (if he gets actual fire effects, I will cry tears of happiness). Sorting mode for the figs also helps immensely.

The deal/reset buttons for multiple decks seem inconsistent and difficult to use. I was trying to deal cards for the cardbot game and dealt from deck one, only to have the head cards deal. I then reset it and tried to deal from deck two, only to have that one also deal the head cards. It took several attempts before I finally got it to deal from the right deck. Some sort of indicator for which deck was which number would be pretty helpful imo.

Speaking of cardbot, is there supposed to also be black go pieces to keep track of tech charges or is there some other way you're supposed to do that? I assume the white ones are for your resources pool, right? The rules don't really clarify that part (honestly the rules are a little vague on a lot of parts).

Also, the wyvern doesn't properly hover above the table when lowered like the other pieces do.

Great update! Loving what the alt key does, extremely useful.

One thing I noticed is the custom game board auto scales depending on if you select the large table or not. Perhaps this could be an option? I like being have to have a smaller board on the larger table for games that require a lot of space.

Loving the changes! Loving ALT being used for alternative commands and command modifiers. Really working out nicely.

Cardbot looks like a really fun gamemode, too.

This release was my first time going and bug hunting, so IDK if it's just my hunting or the new release, but there sure are a slew of bugs this time around.
    Not least of which: Piecepack pieces are off the spawn menu. Loving the Piecepack updated pieces, though.

Not reporting this one as a bug in case it's just a normal ALT feature: but is ALT Tabbing out of my game supposed to zoom me really far away?

Tell me all the bugs you find! I can't fix them if I don't know about them

Alt+space causes the camera to clip into the table.

During the previous beta I managed to get a d10 to land on its edge. Might want to check its collision mesh.

Pressing enter when on the custom deck dialog causes the interface to become unresponsive to user input.

There are two odd bugs with hands that I have trouble duplicating. Sometimes a card will flash between the 'jokers' of different decks, or between the 'joker' and the card face if it's in your own hand. Once I had a card stuck in the rightmost of my hand, and I was unable to move a different card to the rightmost spot. Don't have any more conditional details beyond the fact that I was using multiple custom decks at the time.

This might be more of a feature request more than a bug. Being able to have daughter decks, such that the 'reset deck x' button will reset all decks made from the original. This is desirable as many games have discard piles or 'decks' of two or three cards, the current implementation makes resets tedious.

Knil said

Tell me all the bugs you find! I can't fix them if I don't know about them

Whoops. Sorry, was posting them to the issues repository.

Zooming Erases Held Items
    What steps will reproduce the problem?
    1.Pick up an item
    2.Zoom
    3.???
    4.The item has disappeared

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
    You'd expect to just be closer to the item, or the item to be under the table. Even for the item to have fallen/clipped THROUGH the table. But none happen, you've got the 'holding' icon there, but nothing is being held.

Auto-Zooming board 'Consumes' nearby pieces
    1.Be in gamemode custom on small table
    2.Place items near the edge of the gamemode
    3.Move to a larger table

You would expect a push, or the pieces to appear on top of the board. Instead they are consumed, with variable number of pieces breaking 'free' from the custom board.

Picking up items from far off the board causes rubberbanding
    1.Pan yourself far above the board
    2.Pick up any piece
    3.The piece should rubberband between your location and the board

You would expect the item to come to you, or at least come to the location you would be if you were a 'normal' distance from the board. Instead it quickly teleports between you and the board.

"All Figurines" not configured to window size
    1.Open 'All Figurines' spawn tab, under RPG

My computer resolution is 1280x720. This happens in both windowed and fullscreen mode. The final piece I can see is "Skeletal Knight", but if I make the window larger (in windowed mode) it shows the next one.

Small Items easily stuck under board
    1.Hold a small item (checker, GO piece, ETC)
    2.Be somewhere with a checker or chess board
    3.Hold right-click and slam against the board.

Pieces can get stuck, either for a moment, forever, or until hit. Some (rare) disappear entirely. Much more prevalent when hitting at a 45 degree angle, instead of head-on. The large square table and small hexagon tables seem to be worst with this, with the small red table not being affected much at all.

What version of the product are you using?
    v.10

On what operating system?
    Windows 7

Not a bug, but a slight change request.

Instead of ALT + W and S moving you in the direction you're looking, could it instead be locked to a certain axis?

For example, in any FPS, lets say you're looking up at the sky. When W is hit, you do no move up toward the sky, but instead move forward relative to the direction your body is facing. So movement is locked to a specific axis.

Zooming Erases Held Items
    1.Pick up an item
    2.Zoom
    3.???
    4.The item has disappeared
    You'd expect to just be closer to the item, or the item to be under the table. Even for the item to have fallen/clipped THROUGH the table. But none happen, you've got the 'holding' icon there, but nothing is being held.

I can't reproduce this or I don't understand. You are holding an object and pressing Z correct?

FlukiestEmperor said

Not a bug, but a slight change request.

Instead of ALT + W and S moving you in the direction you're looking, could it instead be locked to a certain axis?

For example, in any FPS, lets say you're looking up at the sky. When W is hit, you do no move up toward the sky, but instead move forward relative to the direction your body is facing. So movement is locked to a specific axis.

I think that's how it was in past versions. Personally though, I prefer it this way (and you can use the arrow keys for the old movement system). On a similar note though, I feel like it should be the other way around with holding alt. Currently with alt causing objects to enlarge, it can be a little annoying having giant objects inadvertently popping up while you're trying to pan. When holding an object however (the one time when I'd like to be able to rotate the camera without right click), alt doesn't enlarge objects anymore, and using alt+wasd wouldn't result in any unintentional enlarging. That would make a bit more sense to me.

Also, on the topic of the enlarging thing, there's a slight inconsistency with orientations. The cards all enlarge in a readable state, but the dice don't.

As for legit bugs, the piecepack spawn menu is now completely empty.

NightCrest said

I think that's how it was in past versions.

The way it worked in previous versions was the arrow keys and alt + wsad did the exact same thing. If you're looking at the board from a top down perspective, panning around that way makes perfect sense.

When you look at the game board as if you are sitting at the table, alt + ws and arrow up and down pan up and down.

What I'm saying is you can pan left and right, but you cannot pan back and fourth. Panning back and forth is only possible from a top down perspective using the arrow keys.

When using the deal feature, the cards aren't censored for part of the way to the opponent's hand.

FlukiestEmperor said

What I'm saying is you can pan left and right, but you cannot pan back and fourth. Panning back and forth is only possible from a top down perspective using the arrow keys.

"FPS spectator camera style has been added with ALT + WASD"

This means that currently, in the Steam v1.0 RC, Alt + W pans the camera forward and Alt + S pans it backwards. You don't need to use the top down perspective.

NightCrest said

"FPS spectator camera style has been added with ALT + WASD"

This means that currently, in the Steam v1.0 RC, Alt + W pans the camera forward and Alt + S pans it backwards. You don't need to use the top down perspective.

I realize I'm probably not explaining it very well. I know the camera controls were changed. I tested it out to see how it works.

Right now what it's doing when you hold ALT + W is you move forward in the direction you're looking. Hence, not locked to any axis. Now, when you hit ALT+A for instance, it doesn't matter where you're looking it's locked to an exist and moves the camera to the right.

What I'm saying is it might be better if ALT + W/S were locked to a certain axis as well. That is instead of moving toward the direction you're looking, you always know that it will move the table back and fourth.

Ok, I'll try to explain it like this. Right now, this game does exactly what most FPS games do that have a fly/noclip option when using ALT + WSAD. That is, no matter the direction you are looking, you will move toward whatever you're looking at. Now, lets disable this fly/noclip. This is what I would like for the game to do. That is, even if I'm looking at the sky, I will not move toward the sky. Instead, I would move back and fourth.

I'm not really sure how to explain this any better of a way.

when selecting the custom board it would be nice to be able to import our own rules, like there is with cardbot.

also the one bug that was kinda hard to reproduce with the tilesets randomly exploding, I managed to get a save file that can reproduce it if you take my dungeon: http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/10/? and go and load it just keep clicking on the save and soon it will explode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbK63T00eKQ

Fixed typo on "too weak to flip the table"

Best fix.

Knil said

I can't reproduce this or I don't understand. You are holding an object and pressing Z correct?

I retract this bug report. I'm sorry- I had switched 'zoom' to 'x', because I was trying to test if it would help when I was trying to use the pan feature before we had alt+wads. X, of course, is the 'cut' command.

I just want to confirm with you all that the floating object bug is resolved in this version?

Hey i found a bug where in Piecepack when I wanted to spawn objects I got nothing in the dropdown menu

Also could you put the ability to spawn the marble? Either the only way to get it is to play the Sandbox game mode and a marble is spawned, or I'm just losing my marbles and it is already spawnable.

Also the cardbot board clips through the table and floats and all around creates a huge mess when you don't use a square or rectangular table.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast