Thread: Instant empty bag feature.

Instant empty bag feature.

Option for emptying a bag completely of content, if for instance you have to use all figurines, tokens etc. stored inside.
    It can be a bit tedious to drag every single piece of content out each and every time you have to play a game, and loads of mod'ers use bags to cut down on load times, so I feel that this would be a great feature to have

I think this is the first time I've done this:

-1. Yes, -1.

Because tbh, and i know that it's probably hard to wrap your head around seeing it this way, but those bags are like frickin' black holes. Anything and everything can go in there no matter how big or small it is, and they can even hold other bags now. I swear, one day I took one of my game's boards that was nearly the size of the table, dropped it into a bag - one of the players in the server yelled "WTF? How did that fit in there?! Hacks I tell you!"

I think it's really much safer to just pull things out one by one. Plus, just dumping a bag of it's contents would cause a lot of lag on the server. I have this "bag of bags of bags" for a game collection that I give out and people oddly have an immediate curiosity about the contents of the bag, and start pulling everything out of all the bags to look at it all. In doing so, it starts to lag everyone down. I have to warn them as fast as I can that there's a lot of stuff in there and if you wanna go thru it do it on your own time so you don't lag the server.

So yah, I don't think this is a good idea.
    Last edited by TheRaven81; 11-11-2015 at 02:30 PM.

To alleviate the tedium somewhat, you might try this:
    Pick up the bag, hold down your ALT key, and then spam right-click. You can empty your bag fairly quickly with this.
    It helps if you have a macro-capable keyboard/mouse and can set it to repeat the action.
    You can set an alternative keybind for the 'tap' action if you prefer.
    It isn't instant, but it's way faster than dragging and dropping each object out of the bag.

This technique also works to grab the lowest card off a held deck or drop the most recently grabbed object, too.

Hmmm, I see your points. I hadn't taken into account that people would just use them as garbage bags :P But yeah I suppose this isn't such a good idea after all, plus with the new update, the bowls sort of take care of the problem for me

Thanks for input.

I don't really see this being an issue if players just use a little common sense, perhaps limit it to admins / mods only? Or ideally just have a key modifier or something in the bags right click context menu to empty by custom or preset amounts?
    e.g
    Empty->
    _____5
    _____10
    _____20
    _____Entire contents (greyed out for non promoted players?)
    _____*Custom* (greyed out for non promoted players?)
    Last edited by FORCEFIELDS; 11-29-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Ability to pour out objects stored in a bag in one action

Currently if I want to package all my dozens of custom tiles into different bags for users' convenience, they MUST take tiles out of the bag one by one, regardless of their needs. Often it would be more convenient to just take them all out of the bag, at once.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven81 View Post
    Because tbh, and i know that it's probably hard to wrap your head around seeing it this way, but those bags are like frickin' black holes. Anything and everything can go in there no matter how big or small it is, and they can even hold other bags now. I swear, one day I took one of my game's boards that was nearly the size of the table, dropped it into a bag - one of the players in the server yelled "WTF? How did that fit in there?! Hacks I tell you!"

I think it's really much safer to just pull things out one by one.
    With all due respect, you just try to force your vision down the topic starter's throat. What you are describing is totally your personal problem with managing your own stuff in your game. No one force you to click that "Empty the bag" option in context menu, and for many people who use bag in different way (me, for example) it's a very convenient option. Because these bags is very convenient way to store your pieces in tidy manner, and sometimes (like, when setting up for some of your game session of particular game) it's just easier to empty it. But for other game sessions of the very same game (just with different setup) you may need to just draw it one by one. And just because you can't withstand from clicking that button in context menu others should be denied of the feature they need? Sounds definitely selfish. If you so afraid of miss-clicks, a confirmation dialog could be added, what will resolve 99% of such issues.

+1 to topic starter

Quote Originally Posted by FORCEFIELDS View Post
    I don't really see this being an issue if players just use a little common sense, perhaps limit it to admins / mods only?
    Totally agree. A confirmation dialog and a separate security option that allows to restrict it to admin users only will prevent 99,9% of possible issues.