Thread: In Game Tablet Browser Out of Date

Question In Game Tablet Browser Out of Date

I am trying to access Google Drive so I can display a PDF document around my RPG table on the In game Tablets. When I try to access Google Drive however, the tablet tells me that the version of chrome is unsupported and it will not allow me to update the browser. Is there a work around or am I just clueless?

No, it just needs to be updated.

Whilst you can't navigate Google Drive with the tablet because of the update issue.

If you create a share link to the PDF outside of TTS that visible to the general public. Then copy/paste it into the Tablet you can access the Document your after and circumvent this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Whilst you can't navigate Google Drive with the tablet because of the update issue.

If you create a share link to the PDF outside of TTS that visible to the general public. Then copy/paste it into the Tablet you can access the Document your after and circumvent this problem.
    Thanks for this, I will try this method to circumvent the issue until the in game tablet is updated, (An annoyance for sure). Other than this, love the TTS game! Keep up the awesome work Berserk Games!

Also, I encountered this error which caused the game to crash, when attempting to click a .pdf link like the basic Dungeons and Dragons player Rulebook from the Wizards of the Coast Website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo5lgk1alo...12400.zip?dl=0

Dropbox seemed the easiest way of getting these documents to you, I'm sure I've missed a thread on submitting the technical bugs but as it seems that this error is related to my thread it may be prudent to link it here?

Will the Tablet update Google Chrome anytime in the near future?

Our group just bought Tabletop Simulator (thank you for making it) and we need editable Character Sheets in the game, tried going through Google Drive and it crashed the first time then tried Doc Hub and it says the browser is out of date.

Is there currently another avenue or site we can use for editable PDF files?

Thanks!

Question Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisXMV View Post
    Will the Tablet update Google Chrome anytime in the near future?

Our group just bought Tabletop Simulator (thank you for making it) and we need editable Character Sheets in the game, tried going through Google Drive and it crashed the first time then tried Doc Hub and it says the browser is out of date.

Is there currently another avenue or site we can use for editable PDF files?

Thanks!

Anyone?

Artemis,

Is there a reason you can't use the notebook provided in the top menu? Could you outline what your needs are?

I had a need for editable military orders, as used in Diplomacy, and the notebook did not meet my needs because it was not possible to make all notebooks public simultaneously.

I ended up using static html pages hosted on dropbox and pointed in-game tablets to them. The html contained an editable text area. There is no capacity to save the text between games though. And there is a bug in the tablets where the enter button does nothing. But there is an advantage in that the html allowed two separate columns of editable text.

http://i.imgur.com/1KpZKuM.jpg

If you only need editable text for your group, and not for a wider audience, you could point your in-game tablets at your own private versions of html pages that you edited out of game. You can also point the tablets at Word documents on Google Docs, but need to be logged in to Google. This wouldn't work well for a game used by the general public though, as each user would need to point their tablet at a document they had rights to.

I just experimented, and found out that you can edit Google Documents okay on the tablet. An advantage is that the enter button works in Google Docs. Editing the document out of game and then uploading to Google Docs would let you enter a whole lot of pictures and so on fairly quickly. A disadvantage is that it requires players to have an account and sign in.

It doesn't quite suit my own needs because of the requirement for signing in, but it might suit your needs. If you are always playing with the same people, they could each have their own Google documents.

(I got a message saying the browser was out of date, but just dismissed it, and their seemed to be no problem).

I'd be interested in knowing if this works for you.

PS. I should add, you cannot create new Google Doc files in-game - the File menu briefly flashes and disappears. But you can create them out-of-game and visit them in-game.

Chrome being updated on the Tablet is out of our control. We have to hope that Awesomium will update it first on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcuate View Post
    PS. I should add, you cannot create new Google Doc files in-game - the File menu briefly flashes and disappears. But you can create them out-of-game and visit them in-game.
    Thanks Arcuate, I can use it in and out of game but we have people who can't get a good connection or the software is booting them when they venture out or if a bird sneezes. So this would make it troublesome. Thanks for the advice I will give it a go when we meet again, we have been temporarily using other software that we might be using instead of Tabletop (hope we can get a refund if we do go that route).

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Chrome being updated on the Tablet is out of our control. We have to hope that Awesomium will update it first on their end.
    Could you use Firefox or another software programme if it is indeed Chromes fault?

Wouldn't an editable text or word style document be easier in the long run to use instead of relying on the tablet with all it's glitches?

With all of the amazing things that Tabletop Simulator does why is an editable text file such a hard stretch?

Not throwing shade, just curious why we can't have uploadable content for RPG/pen and paper style games. If this is possible now please guide me how to do this.

Thank you!