Thread: Table options and Chairs!

Lightbulb Table options and Chairs!

I have some simple graphical suggestions to make:

The table should have the same customize options as other models. Changing textures would be nice. More importantly, being able to change custom image without loading a new table would be useful.

Also, make the drawers usable so we can use them to store things, use them for dice trows, ...
    Any other table extensions would be welcome as well

One last thing. I know 3d rooms are planned and they will add great immersion. Having the table float in mid air is a bit unsettling. Adding chairs would give make it feel a bit more comfortable and give players something tangible to represent them.
    Last edited by Aknar; 01-05-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Hey Aknar. Good suggestions.

The table should have the same customize options as other models. Changing textures would be nice. More importantly, being able to change custom image without loading a new table would be useful.
    This has come up quite a few times but definitely worth mentioning again. I believe I've read somewhere that there is a desire on Berserks part to give us the ability to add our own tables at some point. which would be well received and I'd personally like to see the custom table images be included in the saved objects folder to make swapping them out that much easier.

One last thing. I know 3d rooms are planned and they will add great immersion. Having the table float in mid air is a bit unsettling. Adding chairs would give make it feel a bit more comfortable and give players something tangible to represent them.
    As to this I'm kind of surprised there are not more things like this already in the workshop.. you can import a chair just like any other object into the game and I think the community should step in here rather than laying it at Berserks feet though if they decided to add some as options you'd hear no complaints from me.

+1 from me.
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 01-05-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Yeah, I looked around the workshop but couldn't find any chairs. I don't model or else it would already be on the workshop by now.

You should take a look over at TurboSquid.

http://www.turbosquid.com/

I'd wager there are a few free chairs available to download if your interested

thanks. I'm taking a look

Could you tell me how come I can't import the model in the game? I believe .obj is the only format supported. I got some chairs and i put them on drive and dropbox to import. Are these platforms unusable for this? I even tried copying notepad and using pastebin but files are to big for free account... Any ideas?

Not a great deal of experience using Drive myself, as I mainly use Dropbox (except for Tablet PDF's) but both of them should work just fine.. either its something in the .ObJ mesh data or something about the way your trying to implement it that's causing you a problem.

Can you give me a link to one of the chairs on Turbosquid and I'll look it over for you.

Are you currently using Dropbox or Google Drive for any other TTS assets or is this the first time you've give it a go ?
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 01-06-2016 at 07:56 PM.

No, first time. went in custom model in chest and put the link in the first box : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q0lmhi4io...lmera.obj?dl=0
    (others are optional so I left them blank)

by the way, how to we resize models outside of the limited resize function the game has?

I see your issue already - When you use the Share Link from Dropbox, you have to change the "dl=0" at the end of it to "dl=1". Explanation as to why: If you put that link in your web browser as it is, it will take you to the Dropbox website, and if you want to see or download it, you have to manually select the buttons to do so with the mouse. TTS cannot handle the file like that. So if you change "dl=0" to "dl=1" when you input it into TTS, it will be a direct link to the file, and will not result in an error.

thanks, but it doesn't seem to be the only problem. It's still not working but it's actually trying to load it now. Still stuck at 0% though and gives up after 15seconds or so. typing it in internet browser makes a direct download so it does understand

O.K couple of things going on with that particular chair. The file was too large for TTS to handle which is why it refused to load it. the important factor is the number of Vert's an object contains and how many UV islands the texture is spread across.

Basically you can get away with larger models (Many verts) as long as the UV mapping only contains a small number of Islands. and Vice versa.

Have a read of this thread for a little more information on the subject.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...t-entire-model

In this case its a straightforward fix to reduce the vert count in a 3D modelling program to a more sensible number.

here's a decimated copy of that chair....notice the difference in file sizes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/162768329/Misc/Aknar/chair%20fixed.obj

The other issue that needed attention was the scale which I've roughly sized to TTS scale to get you started.

In the future if you need to rescale an object beyond the limits of the table top scale function you will either need to reduce the object externally in a 3D editing program like the free Tool "Blender" and reimport it back to the table.

Or alternatively save it then open the Save file directly with a Text editor and change the values for that object and resave it. Which sounds technical but is rather straightforward as these .JSON files are well labelled when you open them up and each objects data; which is listed in order of creation contains X,Y,Z scale data clearly presented.

Thanks for going out of your way to help me out. It's a little big so i'll check out the text file straight away

Unless you've moved them your save files can be found in Document>MyGames>Tabletop Simulator>Saves.

and Notepad is fine to edit the .Json with.

If you get stuck let me know

I tried another chair. This time much smaller (500ko): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fueebghgz4...Chair.obj?dl=1
    The "custom model" marble disappears when I try to add it in game

Another question? You can only apply one texture to the object? You have to create a specific kind of texture that give a different aspect to each part of the object, right? All .obj type files you download don't come with any textures do they?

Right.... with this one the chair scale was again too large and the origin ( the point TTS uses to work out its position, centre or rotation and so on) was miles off to one side which was not helping either. The chair is actually two meshes, the frame and the seat, which is not a problem but its currently not optimized for a single UV texture Map. (not the end of the world) and a chunk of the normals on the frame were facing the wrong way to boot

Here is the chair brought into TTS scale for you to check over. Also you'll be interested to see that as the seat holds the first material slot in the .OBJ file if you tint the chair only the seat changes colour which is quite handy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ir%20fixed.obj

I think this thread has Drifted a little too far from its intended purpose as a suggestion about tables and chairs . So probably best if you start a new one over in general as you'll most likely have a few more questions to ask whilst you get yourself up to speed and it will be easier to come back to as you progress. When its up I'll set to answering your other questions and any thing else you need advice on.
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 01-07-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Ok, I have made a new thread: Here
    thanks for all your help.

This would be pretty killer having chairs. I would infer that one of the intents of TTS is immersion. Having chairs would be a great prelude to having 3D avatars represent us, sitting in those chairs. So basically like Steams Poker Night. How over the top awesome would it be to see playing D&D as their characters, or chess as Neil deGrasse Tyson & Michio Kaku.

It is necessary that along with the colors you choose for the walls, an Ergonomic chair plays its part giving the utmost comfort to its employees. A chair can be selected as per your choice. Since they are available in different colors as well.

There's a few things to this effect on the workshop already:

The Game Room:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=635172755

Storyteller Game Room:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=783339877

3D Room, tables and chairs!:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=604983328

Hi, I am from Australia and looking for the table and chairs furniture for my new dining room. But I want to design first. Will this help me out?
    Buy online Cafe Lighting furniture in Australia on SALE.

Are you asking if Tabletop Simulator is a good tool to try to find a set of chairs and table that will fit your new, real-life dining room? Coz if so no. There's a few table mods, afaik 0 chairs mods, it's not really the purpose of the application, and if you wanted to create your own then you'd have to use a 3d software which would solve that problem much better