Thread: Deck Builder - Cannot load images

Post Deck Builder - Cannot load images

Quick overview:
    • Cannot use deck builder at all (main reason I bought TTS)
    • Trying to add card images results in "One or more files could not be loaded."
    • Don't know if it's important but 1 time out of 5 it will freeze Java and nothing will be clickable
    • Have tried restarting, adding few and many images, adding images with click and drag and via File menu

Status of software:
    • Bought and installed game today, through Steam, on my fully updated Mac
    • Using TSDB_v2.3.0.jar
    • Java is fully updated

Is anyone else having this problem? It's a fresh install on up to date software...
    Thanks for taking the time, I always try and work it out myself first but I've been all around the internet and I'm out of ideas.
    Last edited by mattb; 01-21-2016 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Solved

I deleted the whole game and did a new complete reinstall - same problem. Didn't fix anything.

So either there is something with the download, or some other part of my software or images effect the program somehow?
    Any thoughts?

Hey Mattb, sorry to hear about this issue your having

Can you tell us Which of the deck builder programs you are trying to use and we can start from there

SOLVED!
    Turns out (as far as I can tell) you can't import JPGs which are using CMYK (which cards designed for print should be by default). Simply convert or re-export as RGB and they go in beautifully.
    I couldn't find that in any of the documentation, perhaps I missed it. I would have exported an RGB version down the track if I had have gotten that far, however perhaps changing the error message to be more descriptive might be helpful.

Glad at least that this thread is here for anyone having the problem in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Hey Mattb, sorry to hear about this issue your having
    Can you tell us Which of the deck builder programs you are trying to use and we can start from there
    Thanks Lucky seven, your interest was much appreciated.
    I was just using TSDB_v2.3.0.jar which came with my Steam download, if that helps. I didn't realise there were many.
    Last edited by mattb; 01-21-2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Didn't mean to look sarcastic.

Glad to see you got to the bottom of it, if you've access to CMYK images they must be of some seriously good quality. which will give you some great looking cards when you make the transfer to the Tabletop. I f you don't mind me asking what's the Native size in pixels of the cards you'll be importing ?

Also that Deck Builder your using is a nifty tool, but I suggest you take a look at the one produced by Froghut, Which can be found right here in the forum.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...TS-Deck-Editor

Its completely legit if your a little leery about downloading programs from strangers. and has built upon the original idea to make something with quite a bit more utility than you've currently be using,

Ah cheers! Will definitely check that out. Seems like a great community here.

I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I naturally think in terms of print. And as an amateur game designer, TTS is an incredible tool for quickly and cheaply trying out game mechanics and getting the feel.
    I'm about to give some strong recommendations to my game developer mates who are still using markers and cut up little bits of paper to test games out.

I've got a test deck printed by moo.com coming in a week or two, but this one is so instant! Could've gone a few more stages before paying for print I think.

Native size is: 1004x650px - minus bleed (but my new RGB one is just a small, rough and ready one).