I've been messing around with the new Lua scripting, and I've discovered a very strange and obscure problem that nevertheless is extremely frustrating.

Normally you can lock an item the moment you spawn it, provided you're using a coroutine. However, if the game throws up a certain scripting error (I have yet to narrow down exactly which one,) you then lose the ability to lock objects on spawn. The inability to lock items persists for the entire length of the saved game, and saving and reloading has no effect. Starting a new game and using the script will solve the problem, although there's nothing stopping it from occurring again.

I'm guessing it's just a teething problem with the new script, but I figured I'd report it.