Thread: Friends can't join my server

Friends can't join my server

Some of my friends can't join my server when I host.
    I also can't connect to their servers but other randoms seem to be able to join.

HiFiWiFi said

I also can't connect to their servers but other randoms seem to be able to join.

You may need to try to forward port 11155 so that they are able to reach you, this may help in explaining it if you dont already know how or what port forwarding is: http://www.howtogeek.com/66214/how-to-forward-ports-on-your-router/ here is a quick way to see if your ports are set up: http://www.canyouseeme.org/

But If it's allowing other random people to join his server, then why would that be blocking his friends?

Matt said

But If it's allowing other random people to join his server, then why would that be blocking his friends?

True, I must of misread it. though it could still be a port forwarding issue as there are some Symmetric NAT Routers which could block some of the traffic and not all, make sure that the port is open for both UDP and TCP traffic.

HiFiWiFi said

I too have noticed that random people, at random times and who have given me no trouble in the past, will suddenly not allow me to connect. I've only noticed this with people in my friends list, but I connect to significantly more friend games than public games.

Check your ports, either open the one the field defaults to, or type one manually that you know is open.

I have only tried multiplayer with 1 friend so far, but the default port Tabletop Simulator has in the field apparently wasn't one of my open ports. When I tried the common source engine one, which I KNEW I had hosted and played games with that same friend that same day, that worked no issues whatsoever.