Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kinda lost and could use some hand holding :)

You got the images imported then?

For multiple image uploads, I have found cubeupload quite good. It lets you do 50 at a time and then the link is displayed below thumbnails of each image.

I'm going to use Imgur, but I haven't really started yet as my home wireless network is fubar'd right now. Hoping to fix that this weekend

Imgur can compress your images quite a lot. I had one deck mangled by Imgur when it was converted into a much smaller jpg - the text was barely readable. Same deck in cubeupload was fine. There might be even better image hosters out there.... I mean to redo some of my stuff that was originally in Imgur.

I wish I was doing cards!....seems a little less tedious than doing Heroclix dials and character images

Ok, I'm stuck, again.

What I'm trying to do is get this image.....

Picture1.jpg

into this image.....

base.jpg

Then attach this on top of the combined above image....

Riddler.jpg

I fine outstanding individual sent me a ttsmod that included a map and a superman figure and I can't for the life of me replicate. I'll try and show a screen shot of what it looks like on TTS.

OK, here is what I want it too look like. This is the sample the gentleman who was so gracious enough to help out. I'm not sure how to make additional characters I want to add look like the Superman one he made.

20160226_074821.jpg

It can be done, but there might be an issue with the turning part of it. Things either free spin (through a joint) or they will rotate in 15 degree increments (snap rotating thingy I can't remember the name of). Looking at your images, it looks like the 15 degree thing will be ok, since the number on the dial are every 15 degrees. Problem is, usually when I've seen a dial, part of it had to be locked in place (the bottom piece).

I haven't messed with it enough though, and I can't right now (at work).
    Last edited by Quaxo; 02-26-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks Quaxo

Let me know, at your leisure, if/when you can get that Riddler figure to work and how you did it. I'm going to keep trying as long as my internet connection allows

Got my internet connection back and I tried to join those 3 items, but no luck.

Ok, finished a sample, but there are issues. All three pieces are token models, but I suppose this could be done another way.

The odd shape around the head of his cane, his shoulders, etc. is due to TTS not being able to create the angles it needs (as a token anyway).

Grabbing the base piece (white) allows it to be rotated independently of the upper two.

Grabbing the dial piece (black) allows it to be rotated separately from the white piece, but it also rotates the figure.

Grabbing the figure causes the joint between the white and black pieces to go nuts.

How it's put together:
    1. White put down first. Lock it.
    2. Black put down next. Hinge joint with Y value of 1 and collision turned on. Lock it.
    3. Figure placed on table. Lock it. Rotate and position it (using the appropriate tools) in position above the dial. Normal joint to black dial.
    4. Unlock the three pieces.

(Locking is necessary to stop the pieces from interacting with each other until everything is in place.)

Here's the completed item. Save it to your chest and you can import it and have a look:
    http://1drv.ms/1KUTXHS

(When you get to that page, if it displays the text of the file, just click the download button at the top.)

Save to My Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Saves\Chest

Thanks Quaxo

Just so I follow your correctly.......

Once I have my 3 images, link them from Imgur to TTS....and follow steps 1-4?

Looking forward to trying this out when I get home tonight!

Can't thank you enough Quaxo for all your help!!!

How do I make the images smaller? The "Riddler" token is twice the size of the Superman one.

HA!

This is so frustrating. I've downloaded your file and put it into my chest folder. I loaded it up (it's bigger than I'd like, so I need to make it a little smaller) but I can't figure out how to get it all joined together without it spazzing out on me

Going to walk away from this for now before I just chuck this whole thing. Feeling frustrated to the point of thinking this might just not work in TTS (of course, that's my frustration talking).

Time to download some workshop mods that look pretty neat.

Did it not come out already joined? When I tried to load it from the chest, it still came out connected.

You can use the + and - keys on the number row to make things bigger or smaller.

Alternatively, though probably not as fun, you can have figurines with just the character and a separate dial kept to the side. This won't go nuts like it does with the one I made. I'll show you what I mean later, have to leave for a bit for dinner with the family.
    Last edited by Quaxo; 02-28-2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo

Oh no, it came out perfectly. It's just when I try and join them together I couldn't get it to work. It's operator error!....I'll keep at it until I figure it out.

Thanks for the +/- tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxo View Post
    Did it not come out already joined? When I tried to load it from the chest, it still came out connected.

You can use the + and - keys on the number row to make things bigger or smaller.

Alternatively, though probably not as fun, you can have figurines with just the character and a separate dial kept to the side. This won't go nuts like it does with the one I made. I'll show you what I mean later, have to leave for a bit for dinner with the family.
    Thanks Quaxo. Yours works great, and I like the figure the way it is with the dials and dial top together. I just need more practice. I'm working on finding an imaging site I like and I want to try and get a few playable pieces on the board at one time to actually play a game. Need...more...practice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12