Thread: Having Difficulties Uploading Custom Game to the Workshop

Having Difficulties Uploading Custom Game to the Workshop

Hey everyone!

I am a relatively new user of Tabletop Simulator and am trying to setup the game I am developing in Tabletop Simulator to help facilitate simpler blind play testing. I have been able to get most of the things I require for my game setup, but the difficulty I am running into is uploading the completed game to the Workshop. Here is the process I am using and the results I am getting:

Load saved game from within single player
    Specify Title, Description and image url - tried both png and jpg and got same results
    Check off game types and 2-4 players then click the create button.

I then get a notification in my game chat window that the upload is starting and shortly there after, that it has completed uploading and it gives my a 20 digit ID number. I also get a popup box that tells me the upload was successful and to save the code for future editing. The problem I am running into is that I don't see the code the popup is referring to and I don't have any files showing in my workshop. The only code of any kind that I see is the 20 digit ID number in the game chat box.

I have read elsewhere that sometimes closing out of Tabletop Simulator and then reloading it and trying again helps, but that hasn't helped me. Also it doesn't appear to be a "just wait 10 minutes" thing because I have been trying to get this uploaded since yesterday.

I would greatly appreciate any help that you could provide.

Hey gamesbyray welcome to the community

Is this the number you've been seeing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Hey gamesbyray welcome to the community

Is this the number you've been seeing ?

Yes that is the number I see in the chat window.

what your seeing as best can tell is not an id number but a error code of some kind(never did get to the bottom of what its actually trying to tell us )

Its cropped up before with other users.

have a read of these two threads.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...ighlight=tumba

and

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...e-is-my-game-2

did the mod have a particularly long title by any chance ?

The title I was using was The Hackers Guild. I will check out the links and maybe try a shorter title. Thanks for the suggestions and I will let you know what I end up seeing.

I've tried different lengths of titles as well as uninstalled and reinstall TTS but doesn't seem to have made a difference. I will try having someone else do it to see if that makes a difference.

Was the copy of the game gifted to you or are you using family sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    Was the copy of the game gifted to you or are you using family sharing?
    I'm not totally sure what you are asking. I purchased access to Table Top Simulator and am in the process of creating a digital copy of the game I am developing within TTS. I have been unable to upload my completed custom game into the Workshop. When I was talking about having someone try uploading it for me, I was thinking that I would send all of the related files for my game to my brother and have him try uploading the game to the Workshop just in case it is my computer or internet connection.