Thread: Regarding Turn Order

Regarding Turn Order

Hi everyone. Perhaps this have been discussed already, but I did a quick search for it and couldn't find it. I have a question regarding turn order.

2016-03-05_00001.jpg

Game rules state that the first player will be the one with the lower value in their playermat, and then turns will happen clockwise from there. As you can see in the above image, this is not possible. Look at the order plaers are showing in the upper right corner of the screen and how it should be in the table.

I understand that is possible to "fix" this by moving the faction card over to the other color zone. For instance, in the above image, I could get the Rusviet faction card and place it over the purble area, but then it would break the idea of a player sitting next to his/her home base. And of course I know we can just not use the "Turns" function, the way I did last night playing a 4 player game, when this problem was noticed, but it is just so much easier to use "Turns" that I would really like to do it.

Is there a way for us to change the order players are listed in the upper right corner, so it will match the clockswise order of the factions?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Johnymaxx,

This is another occasion where the TTS can struggle a little to match the mechanics of a game.

As you've surmised the game requires the faction mats to be placed at certain specific points around the board and the players are then randomly assigned to them.
    In the real world the players would get up and change seats accordingly. So what you need to do is change your colour to match the faction after you select it using the mini faction deck at the beginning. Now obviously if someone else is already occupying that colour they will need to move out of the way first. To do this use the Spectator (or Gamemaster if your the host) Seat and play a quick game of musical chairs to get every one in the right position

hopefully I've explained that in a way that made sense

EDIT: Sorry I think I've mis-read your issue haven't I

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    EDIT: Sorry I think I've mis-read your issue haven't I
    Well... sort of.. You did mention the alternative to use spectator first and only sitting after choosing factions, but I wonder if this will work for the desired intention of using the Turn buton. Last night I've played a 4 player game in which by luck of the draw have chosen the exact color that would later be our factions, so we wouldn't need to change seat at all. However, turn order was wrong because of the way our names were ordered in the upper right corner of the screen.

If I got this right, I guesse names over there are placed in order of room entrance, and the "Turn" buton follows that order. I would want to know if it is possible to change their position in that list without asking to everybody to leave the room and get back in in the clockwise order that we'll need.

The Player list creation, and the turn order system, follows the color order starting from white, and going clockwise around the table. So for now the default full order(10 players) is:
    1. White
    2. Brown
    3. Red
    4. Orange
    5. Yellow
    6. Green
    7. Teal
    8. Blue
    9. Purple
    10. Pink

If colors are missing, or they are re-ordered using the Hand Zone Tool, then it will start from the default White position, and go clockwise from there. So if say, I removed the colors White, Brown, Teal, and Pink. and left these:
    1. Red
    2. Orange
    3. Yellow
    4. Green
    5. Blue
    6. Purple

It would start at the position on the table where white was, and go in that order around the table clockwise.

If I change the positions of these colors then the order will be modified, but in any event, it starts from the position where white is by default, goes clockwise around the table, and lists the colors in that clockwise order.

Turn order has been updated in v8.6, so that it is now based on the position of the hands on the table instead of a preset list, thanks!