Thread: Server Browser Not Populating

Server Browser Not Populating

The server browser does not populate and endlessly displays a loading icon. I AM able to interact with the menu chatbox.

System configuration:

- Early 2015 13" MBP
    - OSX El Capitan 10.11.4
    - TTS v6.9
    - I am located in Austria
    - Router/modem is Technicolor TC7200.U
    - ISP is UPC Austria

I have attempted the following:

- Restart TTS
    - Restart Steam
    - Restart Router
    - Add TTS Application to OSX firewall exception (see attached screenshot)
    - Turn off OSX Firewall
    - Turn off router firewall
    - Forward port 11155; configured port 11155 trigger instead (see attached screenshots)

I purchased the game a few days ago and have since been unable to play, so I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same problem here with Imac.
    6.9 version
    I have two computers wired to the same net.
    The one with windows works fine and find servers
    The Imac doesn't find any server and the blu circle never-ending circles

Where can I find more information regarding the required networking configuration? I have verified that the server browser populates when I am on a different Wifi network. "Restart your router and check your firewall" is not great documentation and I have already tried the above steps.

This is the only game I have played on this computer/network configuration which has given me such issues. I am not the only one.

It's been a week since I've purchased this and it would be great to be able to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synec7 View Post
    Where can I find more information regarding the required networking configuration? I have verified that the server browser populates when I am on a different Wifi network. "Restart your router and check your firewall" is not great documentation and I have already tried the above steps.

This is the only game I have played on this computer/network configuration which has given me such issues. I am not the only one.

It's been a week since I've purchased this and it would be great to be able to play it.
    Same thing here,
    I have tried with iphone hot spot wand it works perfectly.
    I have forwarded all the ports i have found but nothing happened

Do you have this connected via Wifi or connected directly to the router? If it's just wifi, can you connect directly to the router to see if maybe it's a wifi issue?

I thought maybe it was a Mac specific issue, but we tried it on a Mac and the server browser populated just fine. Usually in this case it's something to do with the router, internet connection.

You can also try contacting your ISP and see if they have anything that might possibly block connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Do you have this connected via Wifi or connected directly to the router? If it's just wifi, can you connect directly to the router to see if maybe it's a wifi issue?

I thought maybe it was a Mac specific issue, but we tried it on a Mac and the server browser populated just fine. Usually in this case it's something to do with the router, internet connection.

You can also try contacting your ISP and see if they have anything that might possibly block connection.
    Thank you for your reply:
    the fact is this and who understands it is very good!!

I am now connected to the same ISP with my mac and my window pc.
    Both connected via wifi:
    Mac server browser not populating , Windows populating perfectly
    Connected via ethernet cable :
    MAc server browser not populating, Windows works perfectly.

Everybody would say: why the problem is the Mac since it doesn't work neither via wifi nor via ehternet BUT,,, if I put my Iphone in hotspot mode and I connect the Mac to the hotspot....
    yes exactly...the web browser works perfectly...

So the problem seems to be my router and my mac together...

What can I do?

Thank you

Hey paglioz - glad you were able to figure that out. Not sure specifically what you can do since it will vary on the router. You should go through all your settings on the router and make sure everything is setup for your Mac. You might want to look up your router model to find out exactly how to do this.

For you guys having problems connecting to the master server can you do a tracert on this IP 52.4.112.98?

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 23.04.00.jpg

Here is the result (Traceroute failed)