Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Atom Text Editor Plugin Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by springboard View Post
    Excellent, that was the problem! Seems TTS scripting has quite some little idiosyncrasies :-)
    Yes, it has bitten most people in the past. Once you get used to scripting, the design makes a lot of sense. It will allow you to play the game from a certain state and easily revert back to that state with a single click.

Quote Originally Posted by onelivesleft View Post
    Ah, cool. Happy programming! @Sancho: nice spot, I was totally fixated on it being a bug; thanks!
    Sure thing! Do you think anything can be done to make this more intuitive? Perhaps by moving the message "Recompiled. Any changes that weren't script related were lost" to the chat window instead of the debug window. That might be annoying spam for those that are familiar, though.

Or perhaps there is a way to detect cases where a script has been written for an object that was removed. The cryptic error that he was getting, 'end expected near eof', isn't very helpful.

2. Last night I did some work on it; in the next update TTS will tell Atom when the game is saved and when you create objects, so when you hit Save & Play in atom, if you've made an object after the last save, it'll give you a warning.

Last night I did some work on it; in the next update TTS will tell Atom when the game is saved and when you create objects, so when you hit Save & Play in atom, if you've made an object after the last save, it'll give you a warning.
    That's great! Should reduce the confusion for newcomers

Since the last update (from about 3 days ago), save & play doesn't work anymore.. Get lua scripts (ctrl + shift + L) works fine, but save & play (ctrl + shif + S or Packages/TTS/save & play) does nothing, not even an error message.. Anyone else having this problem?

5. In atom go to Settings->Packages->tabletopsimulator-lua and enable Developer->Verbose Logging. Then go to the View menu->Developer->Toggle Developer Console and try to save & play, to see what it outputs.

In atom go to Settings->Packages->tabletopsimulator-lua and enable Developer->Verbose Logging. Then go to the View menu->Developer->Toggle Developer Console and try to save & play, to see what it outputs.
    At the time it didnt output anything, literally nothing happened..
    But it started working again after the latest TTS update

I have intermittent issues where the Save and Play functionality just stops working. If I reload the mod, it reloads the scripts in Atom & then I can Save and Play (in most cases). Therefore, when this happens, I need to save the scripts I'm working on & then copy/paste back into the loaded script once I have connectivity to TTS again.

I can't ascertain any particular reason why this will happen but there are times when I Save and Play that sending it to TTS takes longer than others. Is there a timeout? Perhaps, if it takes too long, it just gives up. And I'm talking it might take 5 or more seconds, nothing extreme.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by decumanusmaximus View Post
    I have intermittent issues where the Save and Play functionality just stops working. If I reload the mod, it reloads the scripts in Atom & then I can Save and Play (in most cases). Therefore, when this happens, I need to save the scripts I'm working on & then copy/paste back into the loaded script once I have connectivity to TTS again.

I can't ascertain any particular reason why this will happen but there are times when I Save and Play that sending it to TTS takes longer than others. Is there a timeout? Perhaps, if it takes too long, it just gives up. And I'm talking it might take 5 or more seconds, nothing extreme.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    I am not experiencing that anymore, but I can offer you a better workaround. Put your scripts into external files and use #include to insert them into your game scripts. Then when you have an issue, just save your external scripts and reload. I can't find the documentation for it, but here's how to get it working:

1) File->Settings->Packages->tabletopsimulator-lua->Settings
    2) Check the box for "Insert other files specified in source code"
    3) Put the path to your local scripts ("ie. D:\Tabletop Simulator")
    4) Add an #include for the script you would like to include

For example, I have "#include !\TTSCarcassonne\scripts\global" at the top of my Global.-1.ttslua file. On my harddrive, I have my D:\Tabletop Simulator\ folder, and inside that I have nested TTSCarcassonne\scripts\global.ttslua that will be included in the script every time I Save & Play.

Now TTS will never overwrite my scripts, ever. Also I can check these scripts into github or I could have them in my OneDrive or Google Drive folders for automatic backup.

EDIT: here is the documentation for #include: https://github.com/Berserk-Games/ato...iki/%23include
    Last edited by Sancho; 10-20-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks a bunch Sancho! I appreciate the detail you've put into the post here. I'll give it a try ...

10. Update 11.0.0

• Added 'include' functionality for xml files (matches functionality already present for lua files) [Benjamin Dobell]
    • Fixed some missing autocompletes [tjakubo2]
    • Added autocomplete snippets for API changes in v11.0.0

When using the #include system, in TTS everything seems to work and all the desired files get included, but in Atom the files don't get added to my project treeview, not sure what I could be doing wrong.

I just manually added it, personally. File->Add Project Folder

How can I use autocompletion with the plugin? Tried to enter 'for' to get the corresponding 'for...to...end' construction but no suggestions are made.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678