Thread: Scripted Card Filters

Scripted Card Filters

Just an idea I had that would make this game even better. Not sure this will get an update, and even if it does this may be more work than it's worth. Thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

When I play this game with my young daughter we have an added rule that if she doesn't know what something is we have to take the card out and use the next one. Along those line a feature that could be done here digitally much more easily than IRL would be an easy way to select cards based on more than just expansion. For example, on the anime deck I could chose cards that are specific pokemon references but not include Dragon ball Z references if players haven't seen that series. This seems to most important for the white cards. Other colored cards are usually (but not always) more generalizable. References like Macguyver, The Dude, Insane Clown Posse, Dexter are some of my favorite cards in the game, but I would still take them out in certain cases, cause... try explaining them to a 7 year old. Alternatively try explaining why Miley Cyrus is significant to your grandma... could be a lot of fun, but might be worth avoiding depending on the grandma.

If there's a group you play with that you like to remove certain cards for and you have preparation time beforehand, you can load the DLC, remove the cards, then save. Then reload the save when you're ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Spheniscine View Post
    If there's a group you play with that you like to remove certain cards for and you have preparation time beforehand, you can load the DLC, remove the cards, then save. Then reload the save when you're ready to play.
    Doing exactly that is what made me think there could be a better way than sorting through a thousand cards by hand.