Thread: Two small features for cards (Recolouring & Bag)

Lightbulb Two small features for cards (Recolouring & Bag)

Hello there!

Two more small features I'd like to see being added, although they might not sound too logical at first glance:

1) The ability to recolour cards using the colour picker.
    - Currently we can do so on tokens, but not on cards. It'd make some things easier to do without uploading seperate texture maps.

2) The ability to set a card as.. a bag/container.
    - A bit of a weird request I know. I know we can have custom objects being treated as bags, and theoretically I'd like to be able to simply set any object in Tabletop to a bag, including (read: especially) cards. It'd be handy to store micro-elements inside a card for quick-access.

It's kind of hard to tell, so you'd think it wasn't happening - but when you re-color the cards, it colors the edges of the card, and not the faces. It's a little easier to see this effect if you try and color a deck of several cards, so that the edge area is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven81 View Post
    It's kind of hard to tell, so you'd think it wasn't happening - but when you re-color the cards, it colors the edges of the card, and not the faces. It's a little easier to see this effect if you try and color a deck of several cards, so that the edge area is bigger.
    Didn't even know it did indeed, would be neat if the edges could be changed with a setting to be more visible for the cards then that way if recolouring already works for the edges.

If a card was a bag, wouldn't that mean that the card would lose the ability to stack as all cards you put on top of it would get into the bag? Thus you could simply create a 3D card model and make that a bag with pretty much the same funtionality.

If a card was a bag, wouldn't that mean that the card would lose the ability to stack as all cards you put on top of it would get into the bag?
    If it was a standard bag then yeah the one at the bottom of the pile would swallow all those on top.

But if you use the Infinite bag feature a single item could be stored on each card without this happening...not exactly what the O.P was after but pretty close.

Objects that look like decks but act like bags are good but you do loose some of the card dealing abilities if used in this manner.

@Sandling... Interesting idea's and whilst they do both relate to cards could you in future limit it to one suggestion per thread it may seem a little wasteful but it helps the developers sort through all the suggestions that are posted if you stick to that format from now on.

Thank you

What if any card can be set as a bag, but has cards on a blacklist? That way, you could still stack cards like normal without accidently putting cards into "cardbags"

It could have some interesting uses:

-If a card says "add a token to this card" you could pull the token from the card itself
    -If a card gives players new pawns/dice/boards whatever, those could be hidden within the cards

Basically, anything a cardtext adds to a game, could be hidden in the card itself

I like this. I noticed that some games really slow down in tabletop simulator that are quite fast when played in real life. This could really help some of those games. Although it would be a lot of work for modmakers to bag every card with stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    @Sandling... Interesting idea's and whilst they do both relate to cards could you in future limit it to one suggestion per thread it may seem a little wasteful but it helps the developers sort through all the suggestions that are posted if you stick to that format from now on.
    Woops, will do!

Also yeah admittedly I had not considered the complication of card stacking while being a bag. - BUT, I 'really' like Drummyralf's idea! Being able to put things inside cards unless they are cards (Upon which they will just stack as normal).
    A current strange workaround (And definitely not a very clean one), is to add a container as a state to switch to on a card. It helps for now, but I'd definitely love this improved to something more functional