Thread: Linux & OSX make requests for assets via SSLv3 and fail.

Angry Linux & OSX make requests for assets via SSLv3 and fail.

Most networks have SSLv3 disabled because of a vulnerability known as pootlebleed.
    For example, if you attempt to load Secret Hitler on Ubuntu, it fails.

Can we get a response on this matter? It has been reported a few times now, and is an issue that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm starting to feel like this "Technical Support" forum is useless and dead. Please advise.

Unfortunately we are waiting for a fix from Unity for this issue we are using their WWW class for fetching all assets.

So unity is aware of this then? Thanks for the reply, I was almost positive I wasn't going to get a response.

Any update here? This bug is so frustrating! Many mods do not work.

Bump hoping for an update on this. Has Unity fixed this yet?

Are there any updates on this issue? Looking to get a fix or even a viable workaround for the Mac version.

We have let unity know about this unfortunately it is the only thing we can do.

I'm working on a workaround, but it's not ready yet. Please let us know when there's news!

Here's a preliminary versions, for those prepared to find their way through code:
    https://gist.github.com/haslo/72c345...518719fabdeb27
    Last edited by haslo; 10-26-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    We have let unity know about this unfortunately it is the only thing we can do.
    The upstream unity bug has been fixed in 5.3.6 (https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...it-os-x-player). This patch was released on July 20th, 2016.

Since TTS is currently running 5.3.4f1 do you think the upgrade would be fairly easy? It appears unity uses semantic versioning so a patch version bump wouldn't have API changes, only bug fixes. Obviously QA still takes time.

Edit: toned down the wording a bit. Knil appears to have responded to my reddit thread as well, and the patch breaks their web browser on tablet. darn the luck.
    Last edited by Laserath; 02-26-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserath View Post
    The upstream unity bug has been fixed in 5.3.6 (https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/iss...it-os-x-player). This patch was released on July 20th, 2016.

Since TTS is currently running 5.3.4f1 do you think the upgrade would be fairly easy? It appears unity uses semantic versioning so a patch version bump wouldn't have API changes, only bug fixes. Obviously QA still takes time.

Edit: toned down the wording a bit. Knil appears to have responded to my reddit thread as well, and the patch breaks their web browser on tablet. darn the luck.
    Keeping an eye on this one, since I use both MacOS and Linux... Short term solution is to download files in a browser for local loading. Here's a link to someone's script to do just that: https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsim...d_linux_users/

Ugh, OS X 10.11+ breaks perl SSL, so even this isn't a good solution.
    Last edited by Jabrwock; 03-08-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Just spitballing here... could a server option be implemented wherein a host can intentionally break the tablets in the interest of having everything else work? Tablets seem like a (very cool) luxury to me but are useless when your models won't load.

Some news on this front. With the announcement of 64 bit, it means that the tablet is probably going to have to change. They have posted before that one of the things holding them to 32 bit was the web browser plugin for Unity. Moving to 64 bit would also mean needing some new browser solution (since the old one can't work with it anymore).

This is just some hearsay and guesswork, so don't take my word on it. But it is something to possibly look forward to.

This should be working now as of our latest update v9.0. Thanks for your patience in this matter!