Thread: How To: Can't Touch That!

How To: Can't Touch That!

I have some objects which are manipulated through scripts and that is the only way I would like them to get manipulated...More specifically if the players grab one of the items and try to move it, it causes all kinds of collisions which ends up in a similar state to a flipped table...not at all what I am looking for.

Is there a way to prevent players from being able to interact with objects (i.e. prevent the objects from being picked up, moved, etc)?

Is there a way to prevent players from being able to interact with objects (i.e. prevent the objects from being picked up, moved, etc)?
    Outside of scripting I would suggest using a combination of the lock toggle and unchecking Locking in permissions to stop players (except host) from manipulating objects on the table.

But I'm a bit uncertain as to what access to permission settings is currently available through scripting to make this a viable option.

object.interactable=false

Will make the object completely untouchable.

So, you could put this in the script of an object to make it untouchable

function onload()
    self.interactable=false
    end

You'll need to get to the object's script through Atom or the list in the inline editor after that, because you won't be able to actually click on the object after this loads.
    Last edited by dig65; 07-16-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dig65 View Post
    object.interactive=false

Will make the object completely untouchable.

So, you could put this in the script of an object to make it untouchable

function onload()
    self.interactable=false
    end

You'll need to get to the object's script through Atom or the list in the inline editor after that, because you won't be able to actually click on the object after this loads.
    Exactly what I was looking for thanks. No problem on the script side...although it might be nice for TTS to expose more properties in the Right Click Menu.

Bonus: I just read the second part of your post and realized a bonus. I thought that the onLoad only applied to General but your post implies onLoad can also be applied to objects in which case you don't need to get the GUIDs (as you would if you were setting those objects up in the General.onLoad(). Thanks for the info.

Clarification: Using the property is .interactable (which is what was indicated in the second part of the post) worked fine for me. However the first part of the post said .interactive which did not work for me...at least not in the object onLoad().
    Last edited by LordAshes; 07-16-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added Bonus understanding comment

Oops, updated original post to correct that. Thanks!