Thread: Chest features

Question Chest features

I'd like to preface this with what led me to actually come, find the forum link and make an account.

subfolders. Please.

I like to build things. Houses, characters, or in this case, maps.
    Which means I download a lot of stuff. A LOT. My Skyrim mod folder could make a man cry.

I was more or less distraught to find that Saved Objects folders cannot have subfolders. For me, and possibly others, this is a problem.
    I want to put all my sand tiles with my sand tiles. I want to put my chairs with my chairs.
    Searching through ONE folder is a disaster, especially when it looks like a downloads folder you haven't cleaned since 2001.

I could make folders for everything on that one level, but those would add up and not really fix the scrolling problem. And using bags of holding is a bit of a nuisance.

So, uh, yeah. Subfolders would be nice. REALLY nice.

I second that suggestion. Also having a nicer, bigger layout for the Saved objects would be nice

Could we also have the ability to upload a Saved Object on the Workshop instead of a save file? It would mean the item is updated automatically and you don't have to go back every time, remember what you saved it as within your chest and meticulously rename it and place it in the correct folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Could we also have the ability to upload a Saved Object on the Workshop instead of a save file? It would mean the item is updated automatically and you don't have to go back every time, remember what you saved it as within your chest and meticulously rename it and place it in the correct folder.
    This however might bear the danger of an object suddenly being deleted or changed in a way that you didn't agree to.

saved objects folder cannot have subfolders. This is a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
    This however might bear the danger of an object suddenly being deleted or changed in a way that you didn't agree to.
    Yea it could. But it WOULD be interesting to have Steam Workshop mods of a certain category called "items" that you could load into your game or mod from the list of workshop mods but that don't clear every object from your table.

Yea it could. But it WOULD be interesting to have Steam Workshop mods of a certain category called "items" that you could load into your game or mod from the list of workshop mods but that don't clear every object from your table.

Then how to clear every object from your table?