Thread: Steam Workshop! Update v1.4

Steam Workshop! Update v1.4

Help us spread the word about the game and the new Workshop support, so our community can grow even more and have even more content to play!

Workshop Support:
    • You can now upload your mods directly to Steam Workshop from within the game
    • Updating them is just as easy with the mods Workshop ID
    • Subscribing to a mod will add it 'Workshop Game Modes' found in the 'Game Modes' menu
    • You can upload your games to Workshop by clicking 'Menu' on the top left and then choosing 'Workshop Upload'
    • Overall this is a very simple system to share and use other players mods
      (Make sure to restart the game if you subscribe to mods while it is still running)

Features:
    • Save and loading now support infinite saves instead of just 20 slots
    • Scaling up an object also increases it's lift height to avoid it dragging on the ground
    • Quarter flick up is more randomized now and should lead to a true 50/50 probability
    • New save name system for URL images to avoid possible name conflicts

Sound Improvements:
    • Quarter sounds have been revamped with unique sounds
    • Glass surface sounds have been added for all objects
    • Marbles’ sounds have been given new sounds to separate them from plastic objects
    • Piecepack and wood block have been given new sounds

Fixes:
    • Zoom out graphical issues on custom cards has been resolved
    • Custom figurine pictures will now load for late joining players
    • Mahjong tiles will no longer get picked up sideways
    • Automatic table swap when choosing Mahjong when on hexagon table
    • Bag will now properly show number of objects for clients
    • Card actions are now disabled in solitaire

What we’re working on:
    • Workshop Improvements
    • Crashing issues
    • 3D Model Support for Mods
    • Additional RPG Features
    • Connection Issues
    • ??? game mode
    • More Steam Integration
    • and much more…

there is somewhat of a delay from when you hit upload till when it pops up with your workshop id, the first time this happened I thought it was broken, i saw the text saying downloaded but nothing indicated that it was working.

Kimi said
    [*]New save name system for URL images to avoid possible name conflicts

Thank you, this was by far (to me) the most annoying problem that persisted since the whole cache feature was implemented.

with the addition of the workshop mods since we attach a image to it when we upload it would be nice to have workshop gamemodes to load the same as the normal gamemodes in a grid with the image we selected when we uploaded it to the workshop.

I've run into an odd problem - on my Mac, Steam Workshop mods I've subscribed to just aren't downloading. I'm not sure if this is exactly a game technical issue (since it's created a "~/Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Mods/Workshop" folder, it's just empty) or if it's some kind of disconnect between the Mac app and the Mac version of Steam.

jay_rab said

with the addition of the workshop mods since we attach a image to it when we upload it would be nice to have workshop gamemodes to load the same as the normal gamemodes in a grid with the image we selected when we uploaded it to the workshop.

This would be neat.

I have the same issue on Linux :
    Roadie said
    I've run into an odd problem - on my Mac, Steam Workshop mods I've subscribed to just aren't downloading. I'm not sure if this is exactly a game technical issue (since it's created a "~/Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Mods/Workshop" folder, it's just empty) or if it's some kind of disconnect between the Mac app and the Mac version of Steam.
    Workshop folder is created but stays empty

Oh my. I thought the mod I was loading was rather reasonably sized. Froze my whole computer up.

Neat update overall, though! I'm excited for Workshop update! Perhaps in the future you'll allow the loads to only add to the current scene? So we can load individual parts as needed?

Not sure if this is happening to everyone, but whenever I enter a game where there's lots of images that need to be downloaded, the game crashes.

Otherwise, loving the workshop features.

Unsure if this is the exact place to put a bug I have found but; playing with some friends I actually managed to get the coin to land on its side which froze the game for a while. So just wanted to report the bug I found real fast.

Also a small suggestion if no one else has made this suggestion. It would be really cool to have a way to draw on the table or have a table that has that feature.

This is the first game I've truly wanted to make mods for so, understandably, I'm pretty new at Steam Workshop. I've tried to do a "Workshop Upload" three times now, and each time it seems to be successful -- I even get an ID number for the mod. Unfortunately, they never actually show up in my Workshop files area. I see others have had better luck than I when publishing mods for Tabletop Simulator. What can I be doing wrong?

These are the steps I assume I should be doing:

"Workshop Upload"
    Title, Description, URL for thumbnail
    "Upload"
    Wait for success message w/ID #
    Go to my Workshop files area on Steam to adjust and publish

Am I missing a step?

Update: I tried a complete reinstall, and tried to submit to Steam Workshop again. No go. Oddly it gave me the exact same ID# as the last time (18446744073709551615). Does that seem overly long to anybody else?

Update to the update: EVERY mod I submit is assigned 18446744073709551615.

Update to the updated update: Of all the numbers to give me, why is it 18446744073709551615, since it is also the answer to this old question:
    If a chessboard were to have wheat placed upon each square such that one grain were placed on the first square, two on the second, four on the third, and so on (doubling the number of grains on each subsequent square), how many grains of wheat would be on the chessboard at the finish?
    It seems pretty apt considering it is Tabletop Simulator we're talking about here. Does not sound coincidental.

Something that I'd really like to see, that has nothing to do with the game, is what you all think of the suggestions that have been made. It doesn't have to be much, just a post with the suggestions from the threads here and on Steam in it, each one followed by a phrase; under consideration, coming soon, coming eventually, most likely not happening, etc. There are things I've seen suggested over and over that I'm waiting for before I put much work into the mods I'd like to work on, but if they're never coming, or if it'll be months before they come, then I should probably make them work with what we have. If they'll come soon, I should wait, so I don't need to redo all the work later.

JeffDeaf said

Not sure if this is happening to everyone, but whenever I enter a game where there's lots of images that need to be downloaded, the game crashes.

Otherwise, loving the workshop features.

happens to my friend as well.

I have no access to "Singleplayer" mode since update 1.4 (Debian + Steam). The button is there, I hear the "clic" sound, but nothing change, the menu stays where it is.

Multiplayer let me host a game (I didn't try to connect to an existing game) and seems to work fine

Do you have the game open twice by chance with the game already in singleplayer?

Knil said

Do you have the game open twice by chance with the game already in singleplayer?

no, I don't think so... I closed Steam completely before trying again... can a TTS process stay in background without it ? and if so what would be its name ?

EDIT : Actually it was probably something like that, there was no window (neither TTS nor Steam) before, but I just rebooted my computer (not something I do often in Debian) and it works fine now, thanks for the info...

EDIT 2 : I reproduced the bug... It comes from several Steam processes that doesn't close when I quit Steam I have to kill them manually...