Thread: VR suggestions and bugs.

VR suggestions and bugs.

Hand pickup point should be where the laser starts and turn green when touching objects. Scaling feels to work inverted like i'm pushing my hand together and the table gets bigger, does not make sense, picking up the table for scaling and rotation in real time would be nice. Also searching bags seem to be unusable in VR at the moment.

Ps. Grip Zooming cards don't show their backsides and notecards don't zoom at all.

Thank you for this amazing game, i'm going to enforce it to all my friends.

Jigsaw file browser is not showing up on VR.

I second the scaling qualm. Pushing hands together feels like it should make the table smaller rather than making you smaller. Pulling hands apart feels like it should stretch the scale of the room around you rather than making you bigger.

Yeah, pulling apart your hands to make yourself bigger is really odd.

You're using your hands to get a grip on reality, and you're pulling that reality apart. That means that you should be smaller, relatively speaking.

I get it wrong the first time almost every time. It's really counter-intuitive.

I also wish it would scale/translate/rotate in real time. If I want to be at a different scale, do I want to be 30% larger? 35%? Hell if I know. I'll know it when I see it, but I'm constantly over/undershooting the scale because I inevitably guess wrong the first time and have to try again, with smaller adjustments until I get it close enough.

I think the way tiltbrush handles it is perfect. You can grab the world and put it roteate/translate/scale it in one motion and when it's 'just how I like it', you can let go and it's perfect.

I think it's not in real time to help with nausea, but as long as the background doesn't move (of if they add a fake static horizon) it would just feel like moving the table around.

Tabletop creativity tools.

Are there any plans to be abLe to import tiltbrush or meshlab .gltf files? I would absolutely adore to be able to paint terrain in tiltbrush, or build architecture in blocks for my D&D players.

Other bug:

Occasionally when I go to grab/pick up on object in VR tabletop, the object instead gets shoved (almost instantaneously) to the center of the table.
    It makes grabbing things (like my dice) a real hassle and slows down the game, because I then have to pull myself through the table to fetch the die or other object.

What you've already done for v.r. support is very appreciated but I do have some suggestions/requests/notes. I am on an oculus rift s.

-Grid projection is not working in v.r. and it would be extremely useful for RPG players
    -Tablet interaction is not working in v.r. and it would again be priceless for RPG players.
    -When holding/selecting an object it brings up the contextual menu to flip and rotate on the thumbstick. Can the down slot be toggling "lock" for the object? If not, are there any work arounds to lock an object without going through the menus in v.r.?

Thank you so much for the support you continue to provide for you most excellent game. Love it!

To make pad-down (stick down) lock objects:
    In the VR settings make sure Joypad Emulation is enabled, and then change Left Pad Down and/or Right Pad Down from Zoom to Bind. In the main Controls settings find the Lock entry, hit the button to set the binding, and pull down on the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by onelivesleft View Post
    To make pad-down (stick down) lock objects:
    In the VR settings make sure Joypad Emulation is enabled, and then change Left Pad Down and/or Right Pad Down from Zoom to Bind. In the main Controls settings find the Lock entry, hit the button to set the binding, and pull down on the pad.
    THANK YOU! I am extremely grateful. You have made my dungeon mastering so much quicker!

Does anyone else have the same issue that I am having in this image? WHen I am in V.R. the floor of the background doesn't match the rest of the background. You can see the break in the black skybox when it hits the floor. It always shows the skybox that is outside with trees. The black square that you see at the very bottom of the image is just a large black cube, not the skybox. This is not an issue on the desktop version when I run these backgrounds. Is there a fix to this?
    OculusScreenshot1563324536.jpg

Cheers for fixing the grid projection in V.R. issue. That is extremely appreciated! The game has been giving me a different glitch since that change was made though. while hosting a game in v.r. It suddenly switches me to the flick tool and I can't un-select that tool, even using the keyboard shortcuts. When I look at the controllers it looks like both thumb-sticks are jammed in the upper right position. This is not the case in any other interface when I back out though. I am able to flick things as if nothing is going wrong but I can't save the game or access any of the menu options when this glitch happens. Thank you for your further efforts in making V.R. more stable. I love your game and I appreciate the progress that you are making.