Thread: CTD: vrserver.exe has stopped working

CTD: vrserver.exe has stopped working

This fault is inconsistent as it does not happen every time, but because of it I'm no longer allowed to run the server for my friends Crying.png

Using an Oculus Rift with Touch controllers I play Tabletop Simulator in VR launched from Steam VR. The fault is generated the same way each time. Whilst running a game which can be with or without other players when I go to the Workshop menu and press browse the game crashes, my VR freezes but I can still talk to others. There is an error message on the desktop saying that "vrserver.exe has stopped responding" and I am given a button to close the application. Tabletop Simulator keeps running but is unresponsive.

In the event log there is the following.

Faulting application name: vrserver.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5853144c
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000030bdd
    Faulting process ID: 0x2e84
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d26999a0ea975c
    Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\OpenVR\bin\win64\vrserve r.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report ID: 5717e2cb-70c3-4cb2-a021-5b9e3b362b5b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Computer specification
    MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    bios: F23b
    CPU: Intel i5 3570K
    RAM: 2x 8Gb Kingston KHX 1600C
    Graphics: MSI Radeon 390 8GB

Let me know if you need anything else.

Should I have put this into the Technical Support sub forum?

This crash is not limited to the Workshop but it can be when I bring up the Steam overlay in VR. So if I go to chat in the console and the Steam overlay keyboard comes up there is a chance it will crash, like 1 in 5, small enough that I chance it so it does crash. I can work around the Workshop but avoiding the overlay keyboard is much more cumbersome. I can chat to Friends via Steam out of VR but the ingame chat is a no-go unless it gets added to the API.