Thread: Mic not working. Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

Mic not working. Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

Hello! I recently bought tabletop simulator and I can't use my mic! I've seen this thread "http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/showthread.php?1711-Windows-10-amp-Razer-Kraken-7-1-USB-headset-USB-headsets&highlight=Razer" and I do not understand it very well.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

Any and all help is appreciated.

It's an issue that has been going on for a while now. Don't expect help from these shitty developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandrilem2 View Post
    It's an issue that has been going on for a while now. Don't expect help from these shitty developers.
    Yea it's been a problem for a couple of year now. I hate that it hasn't been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandrilem2 View Post
    That's a terrible attitude to take really. You have to understand a couple things.

1. This problem only affects a small subset of users (on specific equipment) and therefor isn't going to be high on the priority list
    2. The development team really only consists of 2 people (unless they did hiring I missed), so trying to update the program, add features, and fix this problem are going to be taxing issues.

They're more than likely doing what they can, but it's going to require some patience on our parts. I doubt they're ignoring the problem, it's probably just a hard one to find.

Now, for Turtlelizard, what are you having problems with since you said you couldn't understand it well. maybe we can answer specifics?

Why a horrible attitude when it seriously hasn't been addressed? I paid full price for the game and have not been able to play it at all since this last September and I am too far out to return the game through steam. I enjoy my headset and have NEVER had any problem with any other game but this one.

So yes, I stand by my what I said. It is literally a joke.

I even was able to get the game working seamlessly using my Oculus Rift headset with the built in mic. It is an issue directly related to Razer Synapse, the software that is used to manage the headset's audio enhancements. After getting in contact with Razer, I was told it was something on the games end. I have followed every guide on this damn site to get it working to no avail. It is so frustrating when I have friends that want to play online but my main reply is "Sorry guys, we gotta hop in a discord or something cause this shit game won't work with my headset" which means we are basically stuck to private games. Don't act like this is a simple fix when I have been struggling for months to get it working, with sometimes the first thing I do every day is hop on the forums to see if anyone found a god damn workaround.

More than likely it is related to the library that Razer is hooking into virtually every application and game. Many games are ok with it but TTS apparently isn't. I'll add that it seems that at boot time Razer's 7.1 library doesn't place nice with Bandicam when both try to hook during boot. I had to disable Bandicam's automatic startup to prevent a nice cascade of crashes from many unrelated applications including the Windows Error Reporting app itself. Please be aware I tried to disable the loader. It didn't fix the problem and it made it so that apps were stuck in 7.1 mode.

Last time I looked I was pointing the finger at Razer but who knows until someone really deep dives this issue. I can't do that without the source code to either end. Something I'll never see myself. I sent the headset back opting to go with a different product. I'll add that Razer Synapse itself is ok. It's the addon they load in for the headset. I have a Razer keyboard and mouse which both use that software and don't cause headset interaction issues with the game. In addition even when you do have the addon installed it doesn't prevent you from using other headsets or microphones to workaround the issue.

One suggestion on Reddit that I got was to use a standalone microphone to take care of it. Not ideal but it is a workable route if you wanted to go that way until either Razer or Berserk Games takes a good look at this.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze View Post
    That's a terrible attitude to take really. You have to understand a couple things.

1. This problem only affects a small subset of users (on specific equipment) and therefor isn't going to be high on the priority list
    2. The development team really only consists of 2 people (unless they did hiring I missed), so trying to update the program, add features, and fix this problem are going to be taxing issues.

They're more than likely doing what they can, but it's going to require some patience on our parts. I doubt they're ignoring the problem, it's probably just a hard one to find.

Now, for Turtlelizard, what are you having problems with since you said you couldn't understand it well. maybe we can answer specifics?
    Razer is a huge brand. I am also part of this "small subset of users".

My Razer headset wont work with this game, and I bought it specifically for this game.

Also I agree with the guy who you're responding to because when they list "known issues" they need to have this one on the list. There is no way this isn't considered a known issue.