Thread: How can I grab/shuffle the decks?

How can I grab/shuffle the decks?

Hmm, no threads in this part of the forum. I hope this is seen. Maybe it belongs in Tech Support. Either way...

In short: I'm having issues interacting with the individual decks in Simurgh.

In most games on Tabletop Simulator, I can hold left click over a stack of cards to grab the whole deck, and wiggle my mouse around to shuffle. In Simurgh, I think the deck piles are classified as bags, and trying to hold left click on the top card of a stack simply flips the card over on top. Using the 'Right Click > Shuffle' command works to shuffle the decks, but there is no animation showing so, just a brief sound that does not match the shuffling sound in any other game.

Even when I remove cards from their assigned deck piles and try to pile them myself in another place, they don't stack together properly. I cannot even artificially form them into a deck. The biggest issue stemming from this is that I cannot easily follow the rules. The game states that a player must "discard down to a total of 5 Action Tiles by returning the tiles to the top or bottom of the tile deck." I have found no way to easily place a discarded Action Tile on the bottom of the deck due to the fact that I cannot lift the deck as a whole to simply drop it on top of the discarded card, so I can only discard it to the top. Placing the card on top and using the Search mechanic to rearrange it to the bottom might work (I haven't tried), but being able to sneak a peek at the upcoming cards is a no-no.

I haven't even finished going through the rulebook for this game yet because I need to get past the basic functionality of the setup before I can enjoy it. It's possible I'm missing something simple. Help?

Hi Kruncheez - That's because those piles aren't actually cards. So they are containers that has the tiles in them, even thought they look like decks they aren't. So they won't show the animation. Because they are locked, only the shuffle in the contextual menu works. However, you can hold CTRL and then click the pile and then press R to shuffle if you wanted another way of doing it.

So again, these aren't technically cards which is why they don't stack - and is why they are placed in containers instead so that you can still shuffle them.

If you want to be able to place tiles under the stack, then you can hold ALT and then box select over the stacks and then press L or unlock from the contextual menu. Then you can box select a stack to lift them up and place used tiles underneath.

Hope that helps, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    If you want to be able to place tiles under the stack, then you can hold ALT and then box select over the stacks and then press L or unlock from the contextual menu. Then you can box select a stack to lift them up and place used tiles underneath.

Hope that helps, thanks!
    Thanks for the quick reply, Kimiko.

I tried your suggestion above, after assembling the Action Tile deck. It works for lifting the deck, but the top card still flips over. Simurgh, as it is set up, has the "Hold Left Click" function set to flip the top card of the selected deck. It creates some sort of "phantom card" for the unlocked deck where the face of the card is revealed, but attempting to draw from this pile does not draw that flipped card, but the face-down stack hovering below it.

Additionally, Alt-selecting and unlocking the Action Tile deck and then moving it actually moves the snap location of the Action Tile deck, as it is designated as a bag. The card that became face-up seems to become a placeholder image for the bag, as throwing drawn cards into it piles them below the card image. Unlocking the Action Tile deck, moving it, and dropping it onto the card meant to lie on the bottom of the deck does not work. It is treated as dropping a bag on top of another object, so they do not merge.

Any other ideas? Again, thanks for the help and quick reply.