Thread: New table, locked objects, and sale - Oh my! Update v1.6!

New table, locked objects, and sale - Oh my! Update v1.6!

We’ve got another update for you this week with more goodies and fixes. Tabletop Simulator is also on sale on the patch notes.

"Saves/Workshop game modes now save/load the background of the scene"

I was so hoping this meant that we were going to have our saved gamemodes looking like the normal game mode, but its still cool that the saves account for the background for the environment for saves as this will play a big part if we are able to ever customize them or have a wider selection for setting the mood.

Sounds like great progress! I'll open it now and check out the new features!

Isn't every 5 minutes a bit slow if you're playing a fast-paced board game?

BUG: Using the select tool elsewhere, then letting go. Then when you go pick up an item and delete it using X, the select box expands from original position where the user first started selecting previously.

Noticed that this bug can also create some oddly shaped quadrilateral selections. Still unsure how I produced it though as when I tried to repeat it it produced regular square ones.

ANOTHER BUG: Selecting a group of items, bringing them together then throwing them off the side to the edge of the "restriction bubble" seemed to have some adverse side effects on my select tool. When they respawned, every time I tried to select them again they went flying off the table in a seemingly random direction.

This pretty much makes your select tool useless unless you rejoin the server/singleplayer.

ANOTHER BUG: Selecting things seem to be just random whether they get selected or not. Trying to select pieces on Piecepack for example. Trying to select everything seems to just select half of them.

ANOTHER BUG: Putting a card in a hand then disabling hands. If you try to put the card on the table it falls through into the abyss. When it respawns it's solid again.

This bug was probably not introduced in this update though.

Marque selection can only select 26 items, it's the same cap is in place for how many objects you can be holding.

Knil said

Marque selection can only select 26 items, it's the same cap is in place for how many objects you can be holding.

Ah okay. I can assume the other things are actual bugs then.

a very amusing bug I just found, depending on where your camera is, the select tool can bottle rocket the pieces, you can also pan around and cause the square/rectangle to turn into an hour glass or other shapes and not be flat on the table, here is a video of the fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U9L6Q5lu6U

Thanks so much for this update. I'm really glad I finally bought this game (on update 1.5) since this shows so much possibilities.

Some nice things we can do now:
    - use cards as tiles easily, now I can make a D&D adventure boardgame
    - roll multi dice game more easily
    - freeze units so players wont toss things away by accident
    - freeze the deck of cards so the players wont pick up all the deck by accident; we can still pick cards as normal, so really great feature

Some minor problems I detected:
    - when you freeze the deck of cards it no longer shows how many cards are there
    - if the deck is frozen and you picked up all the cards except for one, it seems that one card is no longer frozen. It seems the game cant tell that card is still a deck since its only one card now.
    - it should be handy to shuffle the cards even when the deck is frozen. For this we could use a hotkey (this can bring another nice addition, I will post this other thing on its own thread since this is another story)

Not a bug, just an amazing feature:
    If you choose the new glass table and pick the museum background, you can see on the reflection what the museum is really like through the "blur" effect :3

Had a few fellow players run into the issue of whenever they joined, tiles would fly around everywhere, despite everything being fine on my end. My friend, a linux-user, seemed to especially have this problem, which was fixed after I refreshed the board by pressing the undo and redo buttons. This bug seems quite similar in character to one that existed several updates ago - not sure in what version, but it's all I've got on it so far. I'm going to ask someone to help me get some video footage if possible.

I would absolutely love to see a new background next update, but I'm sure we'll get some of those by official release. The game is coming along great. Praise to the devs for working so hard on this game. It will quickly become the go-to game for online board games and RPGs!

Once 3D modeling is introduced, I fully expect this game to explode.

jay_rab said

a very amusing bug I just found, depending on where your camera is, the select tool can bottle rocket the pieces, you can also pan around and cause the square/rectangle to turn into an hour glass or other shapes and not be flat on the table

I already reported that bug, but okay.

Mark said

BUG: Using the select tool elsewhere, then letting go. Then when you go pick up an item and delete it using X, the select box expands from original position where the user first started selecting previously.

Noticed that this bug can also create some oddly shaped quadrilateral selections. Still unsure how I produced it though as when I tried to repeat it it produced regular square ones.

ANOTHER BUG: Selecting a group of items, bringing them together then throwing them off the side to the edge of the "restriction bubble" seemed to have some adverse side effects on my select tool. When they respawned, every time I tried to select them again they went flying off the table in a seemingly random direction.

This pretty much makes your select tool useless unless you rejoin the server/singleplayer.

ANOTHER BUG: Putting a card in a hand then disabling hands. If you try to put the card on the table it falls through into the abyss. When it respawns it's solid again.

This bug was probably not introduced in this update though.

Came to post these. Though also with that last one, cards whose faces were hidden before the switch remain permanently hidden, even upon switching back. Dunno if that's a bug or an intended consequence

Also I'm a bit late to the party, but would it be easy to make some kind of screen edge directional indicator for when a tab/ping is done outside of the player's current field of view? It's a bit annoying when I'm zoomed into one part of the board looking at something then someone pings a location on the other side and I'm unable to swivel my camera around quick enough to scan the whole board to find where it came from.

One last thing, is there a specific reason objects can't be frozen as they're held? Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

Somehow I caused this to happen:

http://i.imgur.com/BxPIyq1.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ubXkucs.png
    http://i.imgur.com/HdMCa0y.png

I'm not sure what caused it though. I was picking up stacks of poker chips and deleting them when that happened. No selection is being made.

Mark said

Somehow I caused this to happen:

http://i.imgur.com/BxPIyq1.png
    http://i.imgur.com/ubXkucs.png
    http://i.imgur.com/HdMCa0y.png

I'm not sure what caused it though. I was picking up stacks of poker chips and deleting them when that happened. No selection is being made.

Yep, got it too this afternoon, a workaround is to undo and redo... it seems to refresh the display.